Can I do this

jeep1

Looked back on threads but could not find anything on this. Was looking at a 4 day cruise from la to Vancouver. Question it then goes back to sea. Can I book on it to Vancouver then stay on back to sea. I know there is something but I can't remember if I'm allowed to do it

The first one is la-Vancouver a 4 day. Then Vancouver-sea is a one night so I thought I could do a 5 nighter :)

No, you can't do that unless you change ships or spend a night in Vancouver.

Assuming you mean Los Angeles to Vancouver then Vancouver to Seattle.

Edited by ASeaPrincess1

The first one is la-Vancouver a 4 day. Then Vancouver-sea is a one night so I thought I could do a 5 nighter :)

I am guessing that it is LA to Vancouver, Vancouver to Seattle. This would be a "no can do".

Thanks

Many of us have given this a lot of thought (wanted to do it too).

This is what I did.

Flew into Seattle and took the one nighter to Vancouver. Pretty much a party cruise. There were bachelorette parties, drunken "sailors", etc. It is a very short cruise from the time you board at 1 PM to the time you get off at 8 AM. I am wondering how many of them ever slept?

I overnighted in one the friendliest walkable towns in North America (Vancouver). Once I took a walking tour. Another time, I took a morning tour by sightseeing bus. Traveled from Vancouver to LA, non stop.

That was fun. You can experience sea days.

If this is something that interests you...then go ahead and book your mini-vacation get away.

The ONLY thing you can not do is board from one American City and leave the ship from another American City without getting off the ship and staying overnight.

The simplified version is that you cannot book cruises that give you TRANSPORT from one US port to a different US port unless you do one of two things:

1) Cruise to a DISTANT foreign port between those two US ports, or

2) Cruise aboard a ship flagged/registered in the US.

LA->Seattle would violate this, if it only went as far as Vancouver.

As others have said, you can't do the option you hoped for, BUT, a way around it would be to do the 4 day to Vancouver, spend 1 night in a hotel there, and then take a DIFFERENT ship (same cruise or different cruise line, doesn't matter) back to Seattle. Of course, that will only work if a different ship is doin that route the day you want/need. Whatever you do, have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

As others have said, you can't do the option you hoped for, BUT, a way around it would be to do the 4 day to Vancouver, spend 1 night in a hotel there, and then take a DIFFERENT ship (same cruise or different cruise line, doesn't matter) back to Seattle. Of course, that will only work if a different ship is doin that route the day you want/need. Whatever you do, have fun!

We've done this several times since we enjoy Vancouver. Our son has also cruised to Vancouver and then switched ships to cruise back to the US. That is also legal.

You can take a different ship (if there is one) back to the USA the same day. No need to spend a night there.

Works the same as the airlines which have similar restrictions.

Air Canada cannot fly you on a single plane from Seattle to Chicago even if it stops in Toronto. But they can get you from Seattle to Chicago the same day if you change planes in Toronto.

Caribill, yes I know; I can see how my wording made it seem otherwise, though. I mentioned the overnight with the assumption that there weren't any other ships in Vancouver the same day. Thank you for clarifying that for the OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app