Disembarking Escape...8:30am flight possible?

Toliverair

Go for it. What's the worst thing that can happen?

I can imagine of dozens of "worst things" which could happen: including being kidnapped, being run over, developing sudden onset noro the instant you step off the ship, being struck by lightning - the list goes on. Of course OP is trying to think of the "best thing" - which presumably would be making his flight.

That, of course, is NOT likely to be the best thing that could happen - because it is virtually impossible that it ever could happen. What he should hope for is just that none of the above listed worst things actually do occur - but any one of them is more likely than his making his flight.

I have absolutely zero to add to this, I just have to say that I had to take a few minutes away from work in the interest of reducing my stress level and this entire post wiped out all the crabbies and some of the responses made me laugh out loud, there are some witty folks on this board!

You guys are hilarious! I loved reading your comments...totally made my year. [emoji23]

Now, I'm going to have to try it just to prove that I can do it and it is possible. Hahaa

Actually, I was able to book a 10:55am flight, so I'll be able to have coffee and a croissant before leaving ship. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Ps... Navybankerteacher, your comment was my fave! [emoji817]

I was just on the Escape 3/12-19, but we had help with our luggage and disembarked at 8:30. I will be on the Escape 4/16-23 again, and this time I would like to make an 8:30am flight from Miami airport if at all possible.

What is the earliest you can disembark if you carry your own luggage? I believe if I could disembark at 7:00, I could make the flight. I would take an uber/taxi to the airport. I noticed that traffic wasn't bad at all the two Saturdays I was in Miami this month.

Do not do this. Remember, an 8:30 flight technically means you have to be checking in at 7:30 at the latest. You have to check your bags - and those lines can be Looooong at MIA. Then you have to get through security...more Looooong lines.

I just don't think this is a wise idea at all. It has nothing to do with how early you can disembark, unless, as another poster replied, you can arrange to be picked up offshore by helicopter at 5am!

Given this is such an early flight and a Saturday, MIA should be much easier to navigate. Please use a GO PRO as you do this and post the video on YouTube with Time Stamps at critical points. At Customs, At Check in, At Security, and boarding.

Good Luck

I was just on the Escape 3/12-19, but we had help with our luggage and disembarked at 8:30. I will be on the Escape 4/16-23 again, and this time I would like to make an 8:30am flight from Miami airport if at all possible.

What is the earliest you can disembark if you carry your own luggage? I believe if I could disembark at 7:00, I could make the flight. I would take an uber/taxi to the airport. I noticed that traffic wasn't bad at all the two Saturdays I was in Miami this month.

There is no way to make that flight.. You need to be at the airport at least 90 minutes ahead of time, which the last time I looked meant around 7:00 a.m. Disembarkation won't even start until closer to 8:00 or even 8:30.

Let me tell you about my most exciting Disembarkation. Our cruise was round-trip out of Long Beach. I was cruising with my mother. She opened the window shade and said "Gee, this doesn't look very familiar"... And The reason was we were docked in San Pedro.

Announcements were made that everybody would be shuttled from San Pedro to Long Beach. People were frantic who had early flights. Luckily we have a friend who lives only blocks from the San Pedro pier and she came and picked us up. We spent a lovely day with her and then took a car service to our hotel because we were flying out the next day. It could have been a disaster.

Doesn't sound as if you have built in time for the security line at the airport!!

Even if you have carry-on luggage so don't have to stand in line to check your luggage, the security line will eat up time.

So how likely is it to make a 9:50 am flight? Just curious. Plan on booking and this option looked nice. Never been in MIA so don't know what the airport is like. Would it be wise to precheck tsa?

Curious - seriously ... anything is possible. But, I strongly urge you to re-read carefully, post #11, post #18 and post #36 first and then re-evaluate your choice - it should help you understand how MIA is when shiploads of pax arrive & depart on a typical day, in addition to other flyers - traveling for business & for pleasure, not to mention international flyers.

What does TSA Precheck do ?

Last time we flew with Precheck, it only took us 55 minutes after a quick bag drop - adding extra 5 minutes at the kiosk - as we already did mobile OLCI - to make our way along the dedicated lanes to reach the x-ray/body scanner checkpoint - before we can run for our gate, as they're already doing the final boarding call & paging for us.

I guess you haven't flown when the Precheck lanes are closed at the airport lately - I believe it should be fine this Friday, however - if you are flying that day. You take the chances & assume the full risks ... do let us know of the outcome (appropriate trip interruption insurance coverage is strongly recommended.)

Otherwise, book your return flight for noon or later, 1 or 2 PM are even better - why "sweat" it :p

So how likely is it to make a 9:50 am flight? Just curious. Plan on booking and this option looked nice. Never been in MIA so don't know what the airport is like. Would it be wise to precheck tsa?

Airlines encourage you to be at the Airport 2 hours before your flight. That's 7:50A. Don't think I would even want that headache of worrying on when I can get off and go thru customs etc.........

Just got off this morning. We were in line to get off by 7:30am. They did not start letting people off until 7:45. We were through customs and in the car at 8:15am. Hope this helps.

It sure does help - it shows how, with everything working fairly well, you could be in a car at the cruise terminal just when boarding for an 8:30 flight at the airport is cut off.

Absolutely not even a remote possibility.

Go for it. What's the worst thing that can happen?

are you serious? do you have any idea what could happen if they miss the plane? It is advised no one even think about booking a flight before noon, especially if it is MIA. Now , in honesty we have booked many flights that are scheduled for take off as early as 11am and had no problems, but I would never think of booking a flight earlier than that.

billfish: if you call The Escape a small ship what do you call a large ship?

Edited by newmexicoNita

are you serious? do you have any idea what could happen if they miss the plane? It is advised no one even think about booking a flight before noon, especially if it is MIA. Now , in honesty we have booked many flights that are scheduled for take off as early as 11am and had no problems, but I would never think of booking a flight earlier than that.

billfish: if you call The Escape a small ship what do you call a large ship?

Wow. I guess they don't teach you about sarcasm way down there in Arkansas..

So how likely is it to make a 9:50 am flight?

I made a 9:40 flight from MIA a few years ago and would NEVER do this again. It was so stressful and the last night and morning of the cruise were ruined for me because I was so worried about making the flight. It was a Monday morning and the ship I was on (Carnival Victory) didn't even dock until 8:00. I was literally the first one off the ship running with my suitcase to grab a taxi. The security line at MIA was horrendous and my flight was leaving from some terminal that was very far away. I got to the gate and they had just started boarding. Never again!

Ugh. We booked a flight out of MIA after a cruise that was originally scheduled to leave after 11:00 thinking we should be OK. It was of course updated to a 9:52 departure putting us in the very high stress zone on departure day. Given this thread, it would seem most would recommend attempting a change. Do others have experience with flight changes into the "danger zone" and what you have done about it?

We have made multiple 10 am flights. But it is a "success dependent" schedule.

Ship on time

Line up early for self walk off and carry all of our own luggage off

Customs in normal fast mode

Taxi is normal fast mode

We have priority checkin, so can get our bags checked quickly at MIA

We have pre check TSA to minimize security waits.

You should be fine, but don't slow down until you are standing at your gate at MIA

I thought i would point out to everyone it`s April 1st so it`s APRIL FOOLS DAY ! This has to be a joke , no one could seriously think they could catch a 8.30 flight post cruise . if you were serious then good luck to you x