Luggage

blbailey

The program is usually called "Luggage Direct" and it works in many, but not all ports. This is the program where your bags go directly from your cabin the night before the end of your cruise, direct to the airport, and on to your home airport.

On the other hand, if you are doing an excursion, your luggage rides in the belly of the bus. No special rules...when the bus arrives at the airport, you usually take your bags in and check them.

More specifics as to your situation will get you more specific answers. What port/airport? What destination airport?

Ft lauderdale, my husband doesn't want to leave the luggage on the bus while we take our excursion around the town and onto the water. He wants the make sure that he can see his bags.

Then he will probably have to carry it where ever he goes.

So we have a late flight back home and an excursion after the cruise, what are the rules for having Princess take your luggage to the airport?

Used it on our last trip, and it was excellent. They delivered the luggage tags to our door, 2 nights before departure. Instructions were very clear. We were to place them out in the hallway in the early evening. The next time we saw them was when we cleared Customs, late that night, heading back into Canada. The only stipulation was that you had to have a flight after ~1 PM, AND you had to be stopping in at least 1 US Airport on the way home, no FLL to Rome flights.

We paid $20 per passenger, plus the airlines luggage fees, but not having to worry about our luggage while we schlepped around Fort Lauderdale it was well worth the cost and effort.

I was a skeptic, but consider me converted, will be doing it again on our next cruise. PS, if your luggage is overweight, there are no extra charges, and my bag always seems to be overweight.

Edited by Valiamo
I can't spell today!

Suppose we could do this for our flight at 7

I would trust Princess handling my luggage, they have the experts doing the work. It was also nice clearing US customs in FLL not having to worry about finding our luggage.

So we have a late flight back home and an excursion after the cruise, what are the rules for having Princess take your luggage to the airport?

You can use EZ check. Flights have to be before midnight. It cost $20 plus any airline baggage fee. The $20 includes your boarding pass and unlimited weight for your luggage :D

Place your bags out the night before we disembark and pick them up at your home airport. You can track your bags with most airlines.

Hope to see you soon!

Edited by Justprettynpink

The program is usually called "Luggage Direct" and it works in many, but not all ports. This is the program where your bags go directly from your cabin the night before the end of your cruise, direct to the airport, and on to your home airport.

On the other hand, if you are doing an excursion, your luggage rides in the belly of the bus. No special rules...when the bus arrives at the airport, you usually take your bags in and check them.

More specifics as to your situation will get you more specific answers. What port/airport? What destination airport?

The program is called EZCheck.

Luggage Direct uses a shipping service such as DHL, sends the luggage directly to your home up to a week later, and is relatively expensive.

Ft lauderdale, my husband doesn't want to leave the luggage on the bus while we take our excursion around the town and onto the water. He wants the make sure that he can see his bags.

If Princess takes them to the airport as you asked originally, he sure can't see them then