Would you cruise on the Pacific Princess if...

JWJs

We have a cruise booked on the Pacific Princess departing Port Everglades on 4/25. This is the last cruise before dry dock and it appears there are a ton of staterooms that have not been booked...around 100 as far as I can determine.

The cruise is 17 nights, Port Everglades to San Pedro.

Would you book this cruise? My concerns are: 1) It is a small ship. 2) If it's not full, will it be s boring cruise? 3) Will part of the service crew be on vacation? 4) Will activities be limited?

In a heartbeat.

But then I love the little ships.

If you need around the clock entertainment and action she may not be for you. And don't mean that in any derogatory way, just we are all different.

That is my favorite ship. I've been on her more than once, last time for two weeks in December. Maybe small ship sailing is not for everyone, but I just love it. I am never bored. It will be fully staffed. Is this a Panama Canal cruise? If so, the smaller ship would give you a closer look at the fascinating passage through the canal locks.

Edited by shredie

That is my favorite ship. I've been on her more than once, last time for two weeks in December. Maybe small ship sailing is not for everyone, but I just love it. I am never bored. It will be fully staffed. Is this a Panama Canal cruise? If so, the smaller ship would give you a closer look at the fascinating passage through the canal locks.

Our favorite too.

We were luck (or is that unlucky) that when we started cruising, PP was the only Princess ship sailing in Aus, and our first few cruises were on her. To be frank if our first had been on some of the ships we have tried since it may also have been our last.

Now I admit we did enjoy Diamond last year, but even that cruise would have been better on Pacific getting closer in on out Tender Ports, small Ports not feling overrun with visitors, actually getting to meet pretty much everyone on the ship. I really do miss her and would love to see this trend towards bigger and bigger ships stop.

Our favorite too.

Now I admit we did enjoy Diamond last year, but even that cruise would have been better on Pacific getting closer in on out Tender Ports, small Ports not feling overrun with visitors, actually getting to meet pretty much everyone on the ship. I really do miss her and would love to see this trend towards bigger and bigger ships stop.

Yes, valid points. The smaller ships can often go where the larger ones can't.

Another in a heartbeat. Everyone is friendly, including passengers. Meeting and getting to know people is one of the big pluses of the small ship. You see the same people all the time. Passengers tend to be travelers... People who just plain enjoy cruising. It takes less than five minutes walking slowly to get from one end of the ship to another.

We have a cruise booked on the Pacific Princess departing Port Everglades on 4/25. This is the last cruise before dry dock and it appears there are a ton of staterooms that have not been booked...around 100 as far as I can determine.

Would you book this cruise? My concerns are: 1) It is a small ship. 2) If it's not full, will it be s boring cruise? 3) Will part of the service crew be on vacation? 4) Will activities be limited?

There is another 17 day Panama Canal Cruise heading back to Ft. Lauderdale after your voyage and then the Pacific heads across the Atlantic to the Arctic. No dry dock at this time. We are on the May 11th San Pedro to Port Everglades on this ship. We booked this cruise because we wanted to try the small ship experience. These look like very relaxing itineraries with the sea days between ports. We are looking forward to the quiet of a smaller ship after sailing on the Royal for 41 days last year. There do seem to be many unbooked cabins on your cruise, but still 3 weeks to go. I'm sure there will be a full crew and the regular activities.

Loved, loved, loved our cruise on the OP last year! The small ship experience is truly different. 680 guests versus 3000 makes for a more uncrowded personal feel. Almost like being on your personal yacht.

We are booked on this cruise. Did the same cruise last year. this is our 6 cruise on the Pacific. WE love the small ship. It is different then the big ships. You feel like you gave joined a family. The crew gets to know you by name. This cruise is the last voyage of the world cruise ending in LA. Some start the world cruise in FLL (they will be getting off) and some passengers joined in LA and they will be finishing their world cruise.

There is no any time dinning. Small dining room. We have always have great service on the Pacific.

We do have a very small roll call. Come join us.

Pam

PS The price on this cruise is the lowest I ever seen.

Absolutely. We love the small ships.

What is your basis for saying there are 100 empty cabins? If you are looking online at available cabins, you don't know how many have booked guarantees and have not been assigned a cabin yet.

I would no doubt. I've been on that size ship with Princess for 15 days and it was fine.

I love the experience of smaller ships, where you meet people and actually get to see them again about the ship! :) For me, sailing solo, a smaller ship is ideal.

I've thoroughly enjoyed my Emerald Princess cruises and will soon be on the Regal but overall, prefer the small ship experience.

We are also on the May 11 San Pedro to Port Everglades on this ship. When I started to cruise, most ships were less than 40,000 tons (PP is 30,000 tons). DW and I are really looking forward to this ship.

Love the Pacific Princess. My DH and I did the Panama Canal last April on her. You will be completely spoiled by the crew. Service and food was excellent. Yes, it is a quieter ship, no late night entertainment but the shows we saw were very good. You definitely get to know your fellow passengers but you can still find quiet places to spend alone should you choose.

Enjoy your cruise!!

I had alot of reservations as to the same issues you are bringing up on the Pacific. .

However, I made a promise to my husband to do a world cruise while we had our health and

youth (65 & 67). We did the Pacific Princess last January for 94 days, and I loved the ship, the size, staff etc. Loved it all.

Send me your tickets! I'll write a review. :D;)

That ship usually commands premium prices....the current pricing is almost irresistable.

And the itinerary has some rarely visited ports that look great, too.

Edited by thinfool

I would jump on it in a heartbeat, if I would not be just coming back to the US after 30 days on the Caribbean Princess 3 days before the cruise you are talking about doing!!

I love the Pacific Princess, and will be on her again in December to celebrate my birthday.

I have never sailed on Pacific Princess but, after several years of reading posts by people who absolutely love cruising on the smaller ship I wouldn't hesitate at all to give it a try. I am absolutely positive that I would enjoy it much more than sitting at my desk at work.