Question about smuggling......

:o:o

First RCCL cruise. Normally Carnival.

I usually put a box of wine in my checked bag and it makes it to the cabin.:eek:

I recently read someone got caught, and they removed it. I get that, and it's fine. But is this the NORM?

We already purchased the drink package for myself and DH.

However, when we take "room breaks" during the day, we like to pour a glass of Sangria (Franzia) and sit on the balcony.

What are the chances of this getting through?

No flaming please. Just first hand experiences would be appreciated.:D

If you bring a bottle of Sangria, you would have no problem.

I know, but we really like the box. It will last us through the week. It's just nice to come back to the cabin and be able to pour two glasses and sit on the balcony, and the same before bed. The bottles wouldn't last the whole week.

I really don't mean to sound, or come across ghetto, lol, we just enjoy it on our cruises. :D:D

I guess, worst case, they take it, and we don't have it. :D

Go for it.

I don't think they will find it.

If they take it, so what.

$7.25 down the drain....

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. It's actually $14.99. We do the 5L box. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. It's actually $14.99. We do the 5L box. [emoji16]

Does that thing come on wheels?:eek::p

Seriously though, they will see that on xray, kind of big to try to disguise. Maybe one smaller box in two different suitcases or look for sangria in 750 ml bottles and go legit.:)

Just got off My 1st RC cruise on Monday. I will say I took a trip to deck 1 to pick up my luggage. I was able to retain my supply.. I won't reveal my secret of course, but they are looking and there were about 30 other suitcases waiting for owners.

It was same thing I got thru Carnival ( maybe due to fttf) last year, so I thought I'd be ok.

I think shape/size is an indicator for them. That was my mistake.

Just be prepared to take the ride down..

Does it come in a smaller box? Pack one in each suitcase and make certain they are in Ziploc plastic bags to avoid stained clothes. I have on occasion packed small whiskey bottles in shoes/socks but now I see they have whiskey in plastic shot size specifically packaged to carry on airlines and cruises. Saw them at our local liquor store the other day. Don't know how long they have been on the market but I might consider them for our next cruise.

What about you and DH taking two 750 mL bottles each, and going through security screening separately? It's uncommon for them to check and keep track of who is in your stateroom to figure out if you're over the 2-bottle limit per room. Having 3 L in total between the 4 bottles gets you closer to the 5 L that you desire (but is a lot less likely to get past security).

We already purchased the drink package for myself and DH.

Had a buddy get called to the naughty room, mentioned he had the drink package and they let him roll with his goodies.

Edited by Jarmo

I bring with some homemade "Apple Pie" to enjoy a shot or two on the balcony at night. Many options on amazon for stealth packaging. Just be smart, wrap it up in a pair of pants. :cool:

Happy Cruising!

JoeRum

If you and your traveling companion have the drink package that includes wine, I don't see why they would care how much you bring aboard - it's that much less that you're going to consume of their stock, correct? Or am I being too logical?

I don't understand why you feel the need to smuggle a box of wine when you're allowed two bottles and have the drink package. If I may use a stock market analogy, Bears and Bulls Make Money, Pigs Get Slaughtered. :confused:

Sorry but I don't really get why you are asking our permission. If you are going to do this then you are going to do this. *shrug* I guess I just don't understand why people start threads like this... no offense intended...

I agree.

Not to mention, vacation to me means spending a little extra money on drinks, and not worrying about hauling around several extra pounds of liquor and then worrying about starting your vacation in the naughty room.

:D:DBest thing I ever saw: my super cheap brother in law smuggled a bottle of vodka onboard. It made it to his stateroom inside his checked luggage, but the bottle broke and leaked ALL OVER! His clothes were vodka soaked.:D:D

It was the funniest thing ever. Karma, baby.

Sorry but I don't really get why you are asking our permission. If you are going to do this then you are going to do this. *shrug* I guess I just don't understand why people start threads like this... no offense intended...

You might want to go back and read the OP again. No where does he ask for permission. In fact, the only question is "What are the chances of this getting through?"

Go for it.

I don't think they will find it.

If they take it, so what.

$7.25 down the drain....

7.25 must be a wonderful vintage!!.....;) Honestly some of the worst wine I have drank came in a box, just saying. And like you said if you get caught oh well, not like you spent a fortune.

I find these threads comical. Although they are not asking for any one's permission they are asking for past success stories to help them be successful.

The best way for success is follow the rules. Two bottles of 750ml each per cabin. Then they have the drink package as well. Gosh, they may be sloshing down the halls of the ship to breakfast each morning.

I don't understand why you feel the need to smuggle a box of wine when you're allowed two bottles and have the drink package. If I may use a stock market analogy, Bears and Bulls Make Money, Pigs Get Slaughtered. :confused:

If I were a shareholder I would actively encourage smuggling by everyone who has the drink package. Heck people, don't stop at one bottle, pack 2, 3, or even better 10 each! :D

In keeping with the stock market theme, OP it is good to diversify, ie. don't put all your eggs in one basket. So dividing up your 5 litres into smaller amounts should increase your chances of getting some of your wine through.

Now for the next logical question. What is the best sangria the OP can get through the drink package just in case?

Edited by DirtyDawg

If I were a shareholder I would actively encourage smuggling by everyone who has the drink package. Heck people, don't stop at one bottle, pack 2, 3, or even better 10 each! :D

In keeping with the stock market theme, OP it is good to diversify, ie. don't put all your eggs in one basket. So dividing up your 5 litres into smaller amounts should increase your chances of getting some of your wine through.

Now for the next logical question. What is the best sangria the OP can get through the drink package just in case?

Can't argue with that. :D

Depending on the size of the ship they could be loading roughly 20K pieces of luggage in just a few hours time.

Unless the drug and bomb dogs have a particular taste for marinated fruit wine.....

Honestly, I don't know though. Never tried. But like everything else in life just seems like it is a numbers game.