Cruise credit question

ERvet

Hello experienced Princess folks.

I've been on one cruise on Princess this far earning one credit. My next cruise is solo for 14 days, also sold as two 7 day cruises. According to my cruise account with Princess this will gain me 4 more credits.

Does this mean after this cruise, once I have 5 credits, I'll be platinum for my next cruise?

Thanks for any and all help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Solo cruisers gain "rank" quickly but they deserve it. After all, they pretty much pay double. You will enjoy the free Internet minutes although the access can be pretty slow.

Hello experienced Princess folks.

I've been on one cruise on Princess this far earning one credit. My next cruise is solo for 14 days, also sold as two 7 day cruises. According to my cruise account with Princess this will gain me 4 more credits.

Does this mean after this cruise, once I have 5 credits, I'll be platinum for my next cruise?

Thanks for any and all help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is assuming you have two booking numbers? Two numbers = 4 credits. One number = 2 credits.

This is assuming you have two booking numbers? Two numbers = 4 credits. One number = 2 credits.

The above post is not correct.

You will get your 2 credits for each 7 day leg. It does not matter if you have one booking number or two booking numbers.

Edited by sknight

The above post is not correct.

You will get your 2 credits for each 7 day leg. It does not matter if you have one booking number or two booking numbers.

If I'm wrong, I'll accept your more up to date info.

The rule now is that each distinct voyage the trip can be sold as counts as a cruise.

So if they sell a 14 night as two 7s, even if you book it as a 14, you get the credit for 14 nights and two sailings. In the case of something like a transcanal voyage where it isn't separable, you get credit for one.

This applies to other things: loyalty OBC, the minibar and Internet minutes. Stockholder and veteran OBC seem to be based on the purchased length, which is general beneficial to the guest.

This is under membership benefits:

Once you complete your fifth cruise or 50 cruise days with us, you graduate to Platinum level membership*. Enjoy all the benefits of Gold and Ruby status, plus additional Platinum exclusives on your sixth through your fifteenth cruises with us.

This is under membership benefits:

Once you complete your fifth cruise or 50 cruise days with us, you graduate to Platinum level membership*. Enjoy all the benefits of Gold and Ruby status, plus additional Platinum exclusives on your sixth through your fifteenth cruises with us.

And solo cruisers or suite couples get double credits for the number of cruises.

Hi all

Thanks for the info. I did check online and I do have 4 future credits posted. nice perk for solos. Between that and the very nice OBC I'm getting (equal to 2 in the room), the premium for going solo is softened a bit.

Looking forward to my cruise-bad part is waiting till September.

Thanks for the info. I did check online and I do have 4 future credits posted. nice perk for solos. Between that and the very nice OBC I'm getting (equal to 2 in the room), the premium for going solo is softened a bit.

You are paying extra $$$s as solo, so you deserve it!

• 11 months later...
Can onboard credit be used for the internet packages on Princess?

OBC can be used for anything charged to your onboard account.

If you pre purchase internet package's and or minutes pre cruise then no.

If you want to use your OBC purchase internet package/time once onboard.

Solo cruisers gain "rank" quickly but they deserve it. After all, they pretty much pay double. You will enjoy the free Internet minutes although the access can be pretty slow.

Actually I disagree.

I pay double too, one for me, one for Mrs Gut, so why can't I get the points and her get none. (Now when I pay for the kids too I should get four points).

Actually I disagree.

I pay double too, one for me, one for Mrs Gut, so why can't I get the points and her get none. (Now when I pay for the kids too I should get four points).

I think you should call Princess right now and explain that to them. I'm sure they'll agree. :D

Actually I disagree.

Cruise credits, airline miles, hotel points and so on. They all go to whoever sailed, flew or stayed, not who paid. The minor exception is that hotel points go to who booked the room, not the guests.

BTW, IMHO I think Mrs Gut might have an opinion about her getting no points. ;)