Traditional dining- wait list?

kt6453

We are sailing May 28th on Crown Princess and selected traditional dining at 530 approximately 6 months ago. It has shown up on the webpage as traditional dining, 1730 and confirmed until yesterday- now it suddenly says "waitlist #24". Does that mean we may not have traditional dining? Why would this suddenly change?

Thank you!

There was another very recent thread with the same issue. I don't understand how something can be confirmed for months and then suddenly one becomes wait listed. It really isn't right at all.

We ended up getting assigned to anytime dining even though we were confirmed for traditional on one cruise. The change did not show up until we were at the port. I had to join the line of folks wanting to make changes the first afternoon. Fortunately, the maitre d' was able to fit us in.

The website is notorious for error. What you need is the email they send you with the confirmed dinner time. Print it and take it with you. You may be truly confirmed but the IT folks at Princess decided to "improve" something on the web site one day that didn't actually conform to what information the ship has. Never trust those Princess IT people. :p

I think the problem here is that when you go to the pulldown menu for reservation times, it shows what the waitlist *would be* if you joined it at that moment, including the time you are already confirmed for!

See screenshot. Bad user experience online, but nothing more than that in our case.

1608364844_Screenshot2016-04-2814_42_05.jpg.ea4d55ba9320084cfc94619ee7bbb478.jpg

We ended up getting assigned to anytime dining even though we were confirmed for traditional on one cruise. The change did not show up until we were at the port. I had to join the line of folks wanting to make changes the first afternoon. Fortunately, the maitre d' was able to fit us in.

Good to know that a change can happen on sailing date, but can also be reversed after, with a little persistence.

I think the problem here is that when you go to the pulldown menu for reservation times, it shows what the waitlist *would be* if you joined it at that moment, including the time you are already confirmed for!

See screenshot. Bad user experience online, but nothing more than that in our case.

That was the problem!! Thanks all!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I just made a thread a few days ago regarding this matter... I believe your assessment is correct, It actually shows what the current wait list number is and not what you confirmed originally. I noticed too that the wait list number goes up as the day of sailing approaches which makes sense because more people are trying to make reservations using the personalizer.

This is a good thread great to know we must keep an eye on our reservations, and that is the first thing my wife and I do is make sure we had MDR traditional 6pm 10 top table. Then we look ahead at the menus to see what is a bad night for us in the MDR (food selection wise). Then we book the steak house for that night. Then the bar...LoL:D

We sail on Coral in 10 days and have moved up to #1 on the 5:45pm seating. Anyone know if we'll be confirmed for the seating before we board?

So has/did your waitlist number change as you moved closer to the cruise? We have waitlist #37, and it has been than way since we booked.

This is a good thread great to know we must keep an eye on our reservations, and that is the first thing my wife and I do is make sure we had MDR traditional 6pm 10 top table.

The dining time can be confirmed, but the table size is only a request. You will know that when you board. It will be printed on your card. If the size you get is not acceptable, you can meet with the Maitre D to change it (if possible.)

I have noticed our waitlist number improve over time. With a number like 1, I would sure think you will clear it for the cruise. With 37, if it doesn't improve, it could go either way. Good luck!

If we don't clear the waitlist, will we be able to go to the dining room after boarding to change to anytime dining? I haven't sailed Princess in many years and am not sure if this option is available.

If we don't clear the waitlist, will we be able to go to the dining room after boarding to change to anytime dining? I haven't sailed Princess in many years and am not sure if this option is available.

Anytime is the default. If you don't clear the waiting list, you automatically are assigned to Anytime. If you are assigned a time for traditional you don't like, you can then move to anytime if you want to on the first day or so.

Anytime Dining is not always the default back-up. Check your Personalizer. It will say wait listed for ______ and Confirmed for ______. Sometimes the confirmed is the late seating or alternate early seating. Regardless, yes, you can go to the Maitre D's dining hours the first afternoon to request a change.

Anytime Dining is not always the default back-up. Check your Personalizer. It will say wait listed for ______ and Confirmed for ______. Sometimes the confirmed is the late seating or alternate early seating. Regardless, yes, you can go to the Maitre D's dining hours the first afternoon to request a change.

Anytime is the default for Traditional. What you are describing is one Traditional seating time versus another. If the passenger does not receive a confirmed Traditional time, they are automatically assigned to Anytime.