Its a good thing we have cruise critic

mrs and mrs

You are so right! :D DH would certainly be losing his sweet mind if he had to listen to me wonder, ponder & discuss so many aspects of cruising, before he's ever on a ship! :p

Thank you, fellow CCers, I've learned so much, now back to more research!

Happy Sailing!

Yes, Normally we try to go out on a cruise twice a year. However, this year we have four Grand kid graduating. Two in the Southern part of the State and two in the Northern part of the state.

With travel back and forth, hotels, etc our trip fund is about depleted.:eek:

So, we will follow others on their cruises and wait until next year.

Bob

I spend far too much time here when I'm supposed to be working.

No problem like that here...we're retired. I keep busy with CC and the city library's guide books to Europe.

Steve

If it had not been for following an upcoming cruise a year ago, and learning of the ships engine troubles just out side of Tallin; we may well have been on our way overseas to board the next leg of the voyage of the Viking Star. Fortunately we were able to cancel before we left home and put our travel funds to a trip to South America which we took in February. Great trip and a must do.

Cruise critic is great for learning about the do's and don't of cruising. What I like most is talking to people that was just on the same ship as the one your going on. If your lucky they just may have stayed in the same stateroom as the one your staying in and have pics to show. And.................shoot here comes my boss:eek:...LoL

I spend far too much time here when I'm supposed to be working.

No problem like that here...we're retired. I keep busy with CC and the city library's guide books to Europe.

Steve

I will be free soon. I will walk out the door at the office 4:00 PM June 17 and never go back. We leave for a 13 day connoisseur cruisetour in Alaska June 23. It should be a great way to start retirement. 😀

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

I will be free soon. I will walk out the door at the office 4:00 PM June 17 and never go back. We leave for a 13 day connoisseur cruisetour in Alaska June 23. It should be a great way to start retirement. 😀

Congratulations on your retirement. Love it and I never looked back.

Congratulations on your pending retirement I suspect I've got about 30 years to go.

But if I can squeeze a cruise (or even two)in each year that's OK.

Yes, Normally we try to go out on a cruise twice a year. However, this year we have four Grand kid graduating. Two in the Southern part of the State and two in the Northern part of the state.

With travel back and forth, hotels, etc our trip fund is about depleted.:eek:

So, we will follow others on their cruises and wait until next year.

Bob

We're in kinda the same "boat." Our daughter is going to a college that's over 600 miles away...and there's not an airport (other than one with puddle jumper flights that are very expensive) near her. So every visit with her has meant a long road trip for us (she did take the bus -- seven hour trip -- to meet us about halfway to get her for winter break). Sometime next month will be our last trip up there to get her after finals and move her back home (for a few reasons she has decided to transfer down here for her sophomore year, so probably no road trips for a year). Every trip has meant a rental ca (our cars are pretty ancient and with not enough trunk space), hotel rooms, gas, some meals (even though we now pack a large cooler with meals for the road that we can eat at rest stops).