Way to proofread, Princess Cruises....

Pig1959

Thanks for the morning laugh! :eek:

I wonder how many eyes it passed for approval...hehe.

I enjoy finding errors like this. I have made errors like this. I never seem to catch them until my work/post is submitted and then it's too late.

My mind tends to make the correction as I'm reading so it looks right. I imagine that's what happened with the error here and in other publications/street signs/etc.

Still funny, though.

I looked at that several times this morning and did not see the spelling mistake! haha My eyes saw what it should be and not what it is.

Even with the misspelling it got me to go to their website because the itineraries are ones we're considering for next year. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

I looked at that several times this morning and did not see the spelling mistake! haha My eyes saw what it should be and not what it is.

Glad I wasn't the only one! I looked at it for a bit trying to find the error. The eye sees what the eye wants to see! So long as I'm in good company! :p

That's...pretty blatant.

I enjoy finding errors like this. I have made errors like this. I never seem to catch them until my work/post is submitted and then it's too late.

Isn't that the truth! DH says I should have been a proofreader; my eye just naturally finds these things...in others' work (like the Princess Patter. Who needs mind puzzles on a sea day when one has the Patter to proofread?). But I cannot catch my own mistakes for anything. My eyes see the words but my mind interprets them as what I meant to write.

We always play a little game on every cruise we take. We read through the daily planners (patters) that are left in the room each night to look for typos. I would say 90% of the time there is at least one but in most cases there are several. Hard to avoid on those since you have so many people responsible for putting them together very quickly and English may or may not be everyone's 1st language. Just part of the fun on a cruise.

Edited by Sascol

One of my favorites was the jewelry they sell in the atrium. It was advertised in the Patter:

"Inch of God Sale"

LOL! Princess is never going to win awards for proofreading, and don't get me started on the Patter! :D