River cruising App's?

HenrysAunt

We are off in September with Scenic, Amsterdam to Budapest, then on to Prague - cant wait!! I wondered if anyone has any advice on a free app to use so I can mark all our ports of call so we can see our route? I've looked at a few so far haven't come across anything great. Any help would be appreciated :)

Try these sights okay not apps but may be of help.

anyoverip.de/scenic shows the positions of all Europe based Scenic ships.

marine traffic.com and vessel finder.com by which you can track virtually any vessel. Enjoy your cruise we go on our fifth with Scenic in June. CA

Afternoon Henrys Aunt,

LoneStarCruisinCouple Lisa and Gary here.

We did your itinerary last September on the Scenic Jasper and spent three days in Amsterdam at the Toren Hotel and three days in Budapest at the Four Seasons Gresham Palace Hotel. We didn't have time to include Prague.

You are certainly in for a treat as not only Scenic but your itinerary is ideal. Probably the most popular.

We had an issue last year with Low Water Levels but made it without a hitch as Scenic designs their ships a little different than most. Saw and talked with a lot of folks on Viking and had to be bused to different ships as to continue on. That meant packing and unpacking.

Anyways Scenic is impeccable. We were in one of the Royal Panorama Suites and having a private Butler sure was nice in bringing coffee and orange juice and sometimes breakfast and setting up on the balcony.

Cabin was huge 475 sq. ft. and had a Cocktail Party with 14 folks with tables with Cheese and Crackers and Cold Cuts and one with wines and one with glasses and had room to spare.

With being all inclusive is a nice touch also with Limo transfer services is great. Private concerts very nice touch.

Yes already booked for September of 2017 Spectacular South of France with Paris and we ourselves are adding Nice and Monte Carlo.

Wishing you smooth sailings and a Funtastic time.

Yes the cruise is great, however it is the folks that you meet and the Friendships that are formed as those are the ships that shall Sail Forever.

Lisa & Gary

Mahalo

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

ingo_e posts on this board from time to time. He has written an app called rivercruiseinfo that might be helpful. He also maintains a web site with useful information.

FuelScience

ingo's site

http://www.rivercruiseinfo.com/

iTunes

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/river-cruise-info/id610398042?mt=8

Google Play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.appdream.rivercruise

We are off in September with Scenic, Amsterdam to Budapest, then on to Prague - cant wait!! I wondered if anyone has any advice on a free app to use so I can mark all our ports of call so we can see our route? I've looked at a few so far haven't come across anything great. Any help would be appreciated :)

Hi - from reading your post, it seems that you want to see your route laid out nicely on a mapping app? If that's all you want, just use Google Maps, find your cities, and save them as favorites. Then when you zoom out, your route will appear as a series of stars - one for each stop.

If you're looking for river water levels, other information, and some offline maps, CC member ingo_e made an app a few years ago - as Fuel Science has already mentioned.

Edited by jpalbny

Try these sights okay not apps but may be of help.

anyoverip.de/scenic shows the positions of all Europe based Scenic ships.

marine traffic.com and vessel finder.com by which you can track virtually any vessel. Enjoy your cruise we go on our fifth with Scenic in June. CA

Thank you for that. I'll give that to my nephews so they can follow us!

Afternoon Henrys Aunt,

LoneStarCruisinCouple Lisa and Gary here.

We did your itinerary last September on the Scenic Jasper and spent three days in Amsterdam at the Toren Hotel and three days in Budapest at the Four Seasons Gresham Palace Hotel. We didn't have time to include Prague.

You are certainly in for a treat as not only Scenic but your itinerary is ideal. Probably the most popular.

We had an issue last year with Low Water Levels but made it without a hitch as Scenic designs their ships a little different than most. Saw and talked with a lot of folks on Viking and had to be bused to different ships as to continue on. That meant packing and unpacking.

Anyways Scenic is impeccable. We were in one of the Royal Panorama Suites and having a private Butler sure was nice in bringing coffee and orange juice and sometimes breakfast and setting up on the balcony.

Cabin was huge 475 sq. ft. and had a Cocktail Party with 14 folks with tables with Cheese and Crackers and Cold Cuts and one with wines and one with glasses and had room to spare.

With being all inclusive is a nice touch also with Limo transfer services is great. Private concerts very nice touch.

Yes already booked for September of 2017 Spectacular South of France with Paris and we ourselves are adding Nice and Monte Carlo.

Wishing you smooth sailings and a Funtastic time.

Yes the cruise is great, however it is the folks that you meet and the Friendships that are formed as those are the ships that shall Sail Forever.

Lisa & Gary

Mahalo

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Thank you so much Lisa and Gary! I've been following your posts, and finding them VERY helpful. Not much about Scenic here, but being from New Zealand, we know all about them and are more than happy to use them :-)

Hi - from reading your post, it seems that you want to see your route laid out nicely on a mapping app? If that's all you want, just use Google Maps, find your cities, and save them as favorites. Then when you zoom out, your route will appear as a series of stars - one for each stop.

If you're looking for river water levels, other information, and some offline maps, CC member ingo_e made an app a few years ago - as Fuel Science has already mentioned.

That is exactly what I want to do. Doh, I should have thought about google maps. Too easy! Thank you ;)

Another good map app that works offline is maps.me. They now have routing (that works offline as well) for walking/ biking/or driving. We use it all the time, just mark where we want to end up, and then go which ever way we want...never get lost!

• 5 months later...

Blogging: Taking first cruise of any kind in December 2017. Have used travelpod.com to blog my vacations since 2011. I fine it user friendly, and yes, it has a good map function that they fill in for you. They have an app so you can update on the go. However, it can be tricky dealing with updates from different devices. But try it; you'll probably like it.