Complimentary Luggage Valet

Scottydogs

The cabin stewards on Princess do not pack and unpack for you. On Celebrity, your butler might do it for you.

When we have been in full suites, some of the stewards (probably 30%) have offered to unpack our luggage. The first time we were in a suite the steward offered and I was shocked at the idea of someone unpacking all my clothes so we politely declined then and on subsequent cruises.

I'd love to know what an 'Upgraded' turn down service is.

I'm thinkin' warm milk and cookies delivered to your suite, then tuck-in service, a bedtime story and a lullaby! And, maybe a teddy bear to sleep with if you're sailing solo. ;) :D

Thanks ggprincess2004 for getting an answer to my question and all other for their comments. I thought maybe they would have at least taken the luggage away and stored it somewhere instead of me having to stuff it under the bed.

I'm thinkin' warm milk and cookies delivered to your suite, then tuck-in service, a bedtime story and a lullaby! And, maybe a teddy bear to sleep with if you're sailing solo. ;) :D

Oh, I think that would fly. Especially if the teddy bear was included even if you have a cabin mate. :D

Princess has revised their suite amenities again, gone is luggage valet, free water, and they did seem to take away the corsages for the first formal night. But complimentary laundry and pressing is still showing as same day. Good thing.

I'd take that bed time story and lullaby even if it had to be scheduled at least 6 hours in advance.

cflutist has kindly posted some pictures to answer my query. It turns out the upgraded turndown is chocolate covered strawberries or superior chocolates. I think I'd prefer the cookies, though I'll pass on the warm milk.

This is the full suite amenities list flyer that I downloaded from the Princess website on 5/4/16. The reference to luggage is in all small letters, "luggage valet." It does include complimentary bottled water, which has apparently been deleted now.

It's very poor customer service to post an amenities list, then quickly delete some of the items. They need to make up their minds and get the big-wigs to approve it before publishing it. Nothing like ticking off your customers who are paying for the most expensive cabins! :cool:

PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

• 9 months later...

Go-Bucks; the pdf flyer you mention does show complimentary water. But the main question is about EZ Check. What is it; how much does it cost; what airlines and what ports have this service.

Go-Bucks; the pdf flyer you mention does show complimentary water. But the main question is about EZ Check. What is it; how much does it cost; what airlines and what ports have this service.

Here's a form from 2013 but the procedure was the same when it was last offered on my cruise...$20/pp. & only from a few USA ports such as Port Everglades & Seattle but not from LA. A couple of years ago it was available for selected flights from Copenhagen to the USA but don't know if that's still an option. Participation is limited so submit the form to PSD as soon as possible.

Yes. JetBlue participates in EZ Check. Here's the form from last October. It hadn't changed:

ydusy4ad.jpg

Suite Services

VIP PRIORITY •Priority Embarkation & Disembarkation at the beginning and end of your cruise

•Priority Disembarkation at tender ports

•Priority Onboard Shore Excursion Reservations

•Priority Specialty Dining Reservations

EXCLUSIVE

•Exclusive Club Class Dining in the Main Dining Room for dinner each night, plus breakfast and lunch on sea days

•Elite Lounge with complimentary hors d’oeuvres on select ships^

•Exclusive Disembarkation Lounge

ADDITIONAL BENEFITS

•The Princess Luxury Bed

•Princess Luxury Pillow Menu

•Princess Luxury Pillow-Top Mattress Menu

•Luxurious Jacquard-woven Cotton Linens

•Upgraded Terry Shawl Bathrobes & Slippers

•Upgraded Bathroom Amenities including bath salts and soothing gel eye mask

•Upgraded Shower & Showerhead

•Upgraded Room Service Menu with full breakfast, lunch and dinner offerings

•Balcony with Upgraded Patio Furniture (two comfortable loungers, a table and two chairs)

•Upgraded Turn Down Service

COMPLIMENTARY •Private Portrait Sitting with Onboard Photographer

•Same-day Laundry and Professional Cleaning Services

•Shoe Polishing Services

•Luggage Valet

•Specialty Dining Mimosa Breakfast (Daily)**

•Specialty Dining Dinner on embarkation evening

•Lotus Spa® Thermal Suite Access on select ships††

•Daily Bottled Water in Stateroom

•Mini-Bar set-up on embarkation day

•Premium Evening Canapés upon request

•Chef’s “Welcome Goodies” on embarkation day

•In-Suite Afternoon Tea Service

•Fresh Orchids

•Exotic Fruit Bowl on embarkation day, refreshed upon request

•Ice Service twice daily

•Umbrellas

•Premium Stationery and Pens

Wow some great perks!! I am thinking of adding all of them on your next cruise up the Charles River. On the

Rowboat. :) :).

From the Captain of the Rowboat,

Tony

P.S.

Regarding the luggage fiasco I don't think at Princess the right hand knows what the left hand is doing at times!! :confused:

Here's a form from 2013 but the procedure was the same when it was last offered on my cruise...$20/pp. & only from a few USA ports such as Port Everglades & Seattle but not from LA. A couple of years ago it was available for selected flights from Copenhagen to the USA but don't know if that's still an option. Participation is limited so submit the form to PSD as soon as possible.

Just back from Royal Princess on Friday and used EZ check. It has changed just a bit. It now costs $25, still worth every penny. And you no longer need to take your filled out form and a copy of your airline reservation to passenger services. You give it back filled out to your room steward and he/she takes care of it, no copy of reservation required.

Just back from Royal Princess on Friday and used EZ check. It has changed just a bit. It now costs $25, still worth every penny. And you no longer need to take your filled out form and a copy of your airline reservation to passenger services. You give it back filled out to your room steward and he/she takes care of it, no copy of reservation required.

Thanks for the update. :)