Why no true 14 day Caribbean cruises?

grouchomarx

Why does Princess not offer any true 14 day cruises in the Caribbean this fall? They are all b2b cruises. Is a 14 day cruise not popular enough? I notice Celebrity offers true 14 day cruises. I would not want to return to Ft Lauderdale mid cruise, that would be just awful. I wish they would have a real 14 day cruise with no return to Florida.

Why does Princess not offer any true 14 day cruises in the Caribbean this fall? They are all b2b cruises. Is a 14 day cruise not popular enough? I notice Celebrity offers true 14 day cruises. I would not want to return to Ft Lauderdale mid cruise, that would be just awful. I wish they would have a real 14 day cruise with no return to Florida.
I'd love that.

Follow the money. Supply and demand.

A relatively few passengers actually book 14-day Caribbean cruises which means these itineraries would have to go on sale. Good for the consumer, bad for Princess. Non-retired passengers often can't take fourteen days off plus another day or two for travel. Plus, many have families and kids usually don't get a 2-week vacation during the school year other than Christmas.

Princess offers a 10-day southern Caribbean cruise.

HAL has some.

Not sure why B2B out of FLL would be "truly awful". Really? Undesirable, maybe. But "truly awful"?

By the way, we have done both- 14 days (again on HAL) and B2B- 14, 21 and 22.

I guess folks hate 3 day swing (day back, transit day & day back out)? IDK?? I don't mind a B2B, gives a little chillax time and seeing new faces!

Great point about HAL. For all intents and purposes, beyond MUTS HAL & Princess have the same feel/target market and quality product to me. If they both were sailing the same area @ the same time for the same price, we'd most likely pick Princess, but wouldn't flinch if we "had" to sail HAL.

A cruise I'd love to hit would be HAL's

CruiseDetails.action%3FtourId%3D%26webItineraryIdForAudit%3DC721SW%26fromSearchVacation%3Dtrue%26destList%3D%26dateCode%3D%26flexibleMonths%3D%26noOfFlexibleMonths%3D%26portCode%3D%26shipCodeSearch%3D%26voyageCode%3DT717%26

Everywhere you'd want to go for a Southern/Eastern Caribbean cruise!

They used to have them....and they went as far south as Trinidad. They used the Sea Princess.

We did that 14 day on Sea Princess twice (roundtrip out of Ft. Lauderdale) and would love to do it again. :)

Taking the 10 day B2B for a total of 20 days works out fairly well. :)

LuLu

There are a few true 14 days coming on the Caribbean Princess with the new sailing schedules that will be open for booking on May 19

2017-2018_Americas_SailingSchedule.pdf

HAL has some.

Not sure why B2B out of FLL would be "truly awful". Really? Undesirable, maybe. But "truly awful"?

By the way, we have done both- 14 days (again on HAL) and B2B- 14, 21 and 22.

I really dislike Fort Lauderdale, there is nothing of interest to do there, no noteworthy restaurants, it's very uninteresting and therefore a complete waste of time to be docked there all day with nothing to do or see. Not to mention they have the absolute worst airport I've ever been to! It is enough of a deterrent that I would not book a b2b out of there. It just wouldn't feel good.

There are a few true 14 days coming on the Caribbean Princess with the new sailing schedules that will be open for booking on May 19

Hoping it really will be a TRUE 14 day!

The 14 day listed by Caribbean Princess for January 2017 is actually 8 and 6 day cruises B2B.

A) Its all about bringing in the largest amount of revenue, both from fares and on board spending. The 7 day is King as it fits most vacation weeks.

B) We did b2b2b2b on the Royal this past Feb/Mar returning to Fort Lauderdale three times. It really is NOT truly awful. It is slightly inconvenient if you wish to stay on board, but if you go ashore it is just like any port day.

C) Princess does offer 10 day Caribbean cruises as well as 10 day Panama Canal Partial transits.

Anyone else thinking that it is absolutely no coincidence that this thread was started almost simultaneous with the revelation that there will be four true 14-day Caribbean sailings during the 2017-18 season that open for booking next week :confused: ;)

Would love to see a 14 to 16 day Caribbean cruise brought back in the winter, the whole idea of returning to Ft. Lauderdale every 7 days is not exciting at all.

Edited by Putterdude

B) We did b2b2b2b on the Royal this past Feb/Mar returning to Fort Lauderdale three times. It really is NOT truly awful. It is slightly inconvenient if you wish to stay on board, but if you go ashore it is just like any port day.

It is to me. It's a total wasted day sitting around to go though imaginations (sometimes waiting 30 minutes or more for the stragglers to arrive) and by the time you get back on the ship it's lunch time. There are no activities scheduled for the day so it just becomes another pool day in the afternoon and I can do at home anytime and not have to pay for it either.

Remember---it's all about the money.

We took several true 14 night cruises on the Grand out of Fort Lauderdale. They were wonderful.

When they discontinued them, I spoke with a hotel director friend, and he told me that they needed to have "fresh wallets", hence the b2b 7 day cruises. He indicated that the 14 night cruises were not profitable, so the customer looses, and Princess gets their "fresh wallets"

If the CB has a true 14 day cruise in January, 2014, we'll be on it.

It is not just the Caribbean I note that the itineries that used to be 14 days downunder are now only 13 That means less shareholder credit to pay out Perhaps this is the reason

Wow, travel much? Ft. Lauderdale is a destination for approx 13 million visitors annually that seem to find SOMETHING to do there. There are fabulous restaurants including Valentino Cucina Italiana for Italian and Truluck's Restaurant for seafood. And if you think the FLL airport is the worst you've ever been to, you obviously have not flown much. (La Guardia / LAX / Miami / and I could go on!!!! Why not look at it as a day to have the ship mostly to yourself? Like a sea day without all of the people :-)

Remember---it's all about the money.

We took several true 14 night cruises on the Grand out of Fort Lauderdale. They were wonderful.

When they discontinued them, I spoke with a hotel director friend, and he told me that they needed to have "fresh wallets", hence the b2b 7 day cruises. He indicated that the 14 night cruises were not profitable, so the customer looses, and Princess gets their "fresh wallets"

If the CB has a true 14 day cruise in January, 2014, we'll be on it.

So will we! :)