Empress: go or "no go"

I know the Empress is scheduled to finally start cruising on May 28th. That is exactly 10 days away. Has anyone heard any updates? Is this a "go" or a "no go"? We are scheduled to cruise on her June 11th, so I am watching with interest. I haven't booked any excursions, or extras as I don't want to tie up any more money if it will ultimately have to be refunded.

Any inside info is appreciated!

Is one of those secret sources, the Orkin Man?:eek::D

Thank you! I wish I had posted something this good... Laughter helps those of us who have been affected by the Empress cancellations and the juggling that many of us have done regarding our vacation schedules at work to rebook on Empress. Not to mention flights and hotels for those folks further from Miami.

I know the Empress is scheduled to finally start cruising on May 28th. That is exactly 10 days away. Has anyone heard any updates? Is this a "go" or a "no go"? We are scheduled to cruise on her June 11th, so I am watching with interest. I haven't booked any excursions, or extras as I don't want to tie up any more money if it will ultimately have to be refunded.

Any inside info is appreciated!

I am hoping that once she sails that Royal will put out more of her schedule so that people (like me) can consider cruising on her.

When we were in Freeport on Friday, they were showing movies on her poolside screen, so some of them were done working :)

I can only wonder if the classic movie Joe's Apartment was shown on Empress' new poolside screen....

411a10cc3102594c9ed64c890439602d.jpg

Edited by coaster

All of my secret ;) sources tell me that she will be ready.

100% a go, from an unnamed reliable source

Thank you for your positive responses which have made us feel a bit better about our upcoming May 28th (now inaugural - ugh!) holiday weekend cruise. We booked immediately when the Empress itineraries opened up and tried to stay positive after the first cruises were cancelled. The second round of cancellations came immediately following our final payment so we have been in "limbo" ever since waiting to see how things played out.

This should be a great cruise - our first time on Empress and our first visit to Key West in a long time. I think I'll start thinking about what to pack now and get the suitcases down over the weekend!

While it inconvenienced many people with the delays, I give RCCL credit for wanting to make sure the ship is 100%. Other cruise line customers have complained that their ships weren't ready, and construction was still going on during the first sailing, with some venues closed.

While it inconvenienced many people with the delays, I give RCCL credit for wanting to make sure the ship is 100%. Other cruise line customers have complained that their ships weren't ready, and construction was still going on during the first sailing, with some venues closed.

Like slides not working :rolleyes:

To be honest, and not to fault RCI, but this is quite different, in that the USPH would not have allowed the ship to board passengers at all if the work was not completed and inspected.

For all of you sailing on the May28th cruise. Please report back with lots of details and reviews. Thanks!!!

If somebody will explain the quickest/easiest way to transfer pictures from an iPhone 6+ to CC, I will post some while we are onboard. And a review the weekend we return.

For all of you sailing on the May28th cruise. Please report back with lots of details and reviews. Thanks!!!

That's what I plan on doing whilst onboard the ship.

The Cruise Critic Forum app is really good and very easy to post and attach pics right from your phone. There are icons at the bottom as you are typing that make it easy to either take a photo and attach or pick one from your camera roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The Cruise Critic Forum app is really good and very easy to post and attach pics right from your phone. There are icons at the bottom as you are typing that make it easy to either take a photo and attach or pick one from your camera roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I find that the TapaTalk app posts larger pictures. The CC App only posts thumbnails