Tip-Clean the drawers in the cabin

I can't touch anything in the cabin until the wife has sprayed with disinfectant. This includes the insides of the draws. I just head out to the balcony and watch the luggage wars while she works her magic. We also bring a trash bag for dirty laundry.

We always bring Clorox wipes with us. I wipe everything down from the door knobs, TV remote, draws inside and out, faucets, light switches etc.

I have had some room stewards tell me that wasn't necessary. I don't care I rather know I have wiped away germs I can't see, or anything else that could have been there.

Found food in closet on a TA on NCL Jewel.

I'm fairly new to these forums and still working out the acronyms. Thought I had TA sussed as Travel Agent...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When I think about the fact that I'm sharing a pillow with hundreds of people that have come before me (which doesn't bother me, by the way), I really don't get too worked up about something like this.

I am never sick. My kids are never sick. Why? Because we do NOT run around disinfecting everything. Never have, never will.

Holy carp, people, you are NUTS!

I was wondering how many post I'd have to read in this thread before I saw something that I could agree with.Thank you both!

I'm fairly new to these forums and still working out the acronyms. Thought I had TA sussed as Travel Agent...

In this case, a TransAtlantic cruise. Context is everything. :)

TA can be either Travel Agent or TransAtlantic (cruise).

:)

In this case, a TransAtlantic cruise. Context is everything. :)

The only catch is knowing the context in the writer's head.

Example: I had a blast on AoS and even wrote a review. Care to guess which ship? Hint: not Anthem...check the links in my sig...

And that's what's wrong with using non-unique acronyms. ;)

I have never and will never get on a ship armed with a bunch of cleaning products to wipe everything down. I trust that things have been cleaned appropriately, and if I see something that needs attention I bring it to my cabin steward's attention. I'm also not a fan of incessant hand-sanitizer use. I prefer soap and water, and only use sanitizer when I have to...on a ship, in port when I don't have a better option, and in a stadium parking lot at a tail-gate party!

I spent 30 years working in public schools surrounded by almost every germ imaginable. I guess I got any germophobic tendencies out of my system during my career!:D

I had no idea people went to those lengths to attempt to sanitize their cabin. I'm happily unpacked and out enjoying the ship while everyone's cleaning!:rolleyes:

Question for those of you who sanitize everything...do you do that in hotels too? Do you clean before you use a public restroom? I'm not trying to be rude...I just had no idea so many people did this!

The only catch is knowing the context in the writer's head.

Example: I had a blast on AoS and even wrote a review. Care to guess which ship? Hint: not Anthem...check the links in my sig...

And that's what's wrong with using non-unique acronyms. ;)

Fortunately, most times context makes it clear.

"Found food in closet on a Travel Agent on NCL Jewel"? Nope, just doesn't work. :)

We have a little flashlight we shine under our bed to decide how we're going to store our empty luggage. We've found some "really strange" things under it! :eek:

One of our drawers wouldn't close all the way. We pulled it out and there was a new hot pink Victoria Secrets bra behind it. Way too small for me or my husband :D

One of our drawers wouldn't close all the way. We pulled it out and there was a new hot pink Victoria Secrets bra behind it. Way too small for me or my husband :D

I do hope that your cabin steward didn't come in while your husband was trying it on for size. :D

I have never and will never get on a ship armed with a bunch of cleaning products to wipe everything down. I trust that things have been cleaned appropriately, and if I see something that needs attention I bring it to my cabin steward's attention. I'm also not a fan of incessant hand-sanitizer use. I prefer soap and water, and only use sanitizer when I have to...on a ship, in port when I don't have a better option, and in a stadium parking lot at a tail-gate party!

I spent 30 years working in public schools surrounded by almost every germ imaginable. I guess I got any germophobic tendencies out of my system during my career!:D

I had no idea people went to those lengths to attempt to sanitize their cabin. I'm happily unpacked and out enjoying the ship while everyone's cleaning!:rolleyes:

Question for those of you who sanitize everything...do you do that in hotels too? Do you clean before you use a public restroom? I'm not trying to be rude...I just had no idea so many people did this!

Totally agree. I really liked the addition of sinks at the entrance of the Windjammer on the Anthem. Much prefer soap and water to sanitizers. Sanitizers are great, if soap and water is unavailable.

As to cleaning the cabin when I arrive, that is something I will never do. If I see something that needs attention I will bring it to the cabin steward's attention.

It takes less than 10 minutes to do a quick wipe down of surfaces and a spray of Lysol and fabreze. If it was a major issue I would ask the steward. However, they are busy and I don't want to be the passenger that is a bother.

Yep the room steward has caught me cleaning.... I have found a wet washcloth in the shower. Wonder if they even wipe the showers down. So yes I pack a small pack of Lysol wipes and wipes all surfaces and drawers out. Makes me feel better. Sometimes the desk area is really drungy. After it dries we unpack. DH does the bathroom and I do the rest. Takes 10 minutes maybe. Then wrap the remote in a wipe and let it sit there awhile. I clean the remote in hotels too.

Gross that someone would put dirty clothes in the drawers but I am sure some do that and worse.

I am never sick. My kids are never sick. Why? Because we do NOT run around disinfecting everything. Never have, never will.

I have to agree with you. I travel with my job and have spent a large portion of my life in hotels and have cruised many times. I have never wiped anything down or worried about the previous occupant. I occasionally come down with something every few years, but probably less than most.

I just don't understand people who do this, but if it makes them feel better then do it.

Now....about those shower curtains.....worst yuck ever, and the darn things just love to "reach out and touch you" when you are showering. :eek:

Take some large binder clips with you next time.... they weigh down the bottom of the curtain so it doesn't flow inward!

Ugh........I'm torn. I wish I didn't know this, but glad you told us at the same time. Ewwwwww! Bleh! Ick!

My feelings exactly. Both my husband and I traveled extensively during our careers and never worried about germs. Now we're older, with less effective immune systems, and I'm debating whether I should start at least bringing Clorox wipes for the drawers, light switches, remote - where does it end?

Margy

She readily admits that but she does work in healthcare so I cut her some slack.

It's really just a quick spray down otherwise I'd be hanging at the bar alone.

Absolutely! :D