Elite member benefits

bogofman

We have just made it to elite courtesy of Royal Daimond

I see there is a free 90 minute internet package

i assume each member gets 90 minutes each? or is it per booking?

how does it work,

can we use 90 over the course of the cruise or does it have to be used on one day?

Are there any other benefits worth having

we have the select drinks package included in our next cruise so i assume any drinks benefits from elite will not be needed.

The internet is per person and can be used any time. Apart from the Happy Hour, there is a continental breakfast, usually in Tuscan Grill and other benefits are a bag of laundry, wash and fold, an item of dry cleaning and a pressed item. These are also per person. Most of the other benefits require buying something to get a discount. I can't remember these because I don't recall ever using them.

Sheila

Edited by smtcan

we have the select drinks package included in our next cruise so i assume any drinks benefits from elite will not be needed.

Well, up to you but the Elite cocktail hour (2 hours) was very nice. Wait staff serve appetizers and drinks and it is really lovely. :)

The cocktail hour is nice - there will be nice appetizers passed in the sky lounge, even IF you use your package. You can get any drink up there and pay for it too, you don't have to just have the elite cocktails (which are pretty basic anyway). Pretty place to watch sunset.

My husband always used both our 90 minutes internet because if he can't keep in touch with his business we can't cruise. He always had to buy additional minutes, so we're very glad for the unlimited that is available now.

You get a wee scoop of gelato, some $5 blackjack coupons, some discount bingo and a free dry cleaning and free pressing item. There is a tea you can attend and a cocktail party one evening, and some behind-the-scenes tours. The bag of laundry is great - that and the internet are the best perks. We're Elite + now but don't find that the benefits are really much of a step up at all from elite. And we'll never get to Zenith....

Edited by ClaudiaB

We're Elite + now but don't find that the benefits are really much of a step up at all from elite. And we'll never get to Zenith....

As for the Elite+ perks the 240 minutes internet each is nice, especially on a one week cruise as that is a good amount.

We love the free coffees/teas in Cafe Al Bacio since we never have a drink package.

Is the free internet package for one device or can we connect multiple devices to use the 90 minutes?

we have phones and tablets that we could use to connect.

Don't get too excited about the free minutes, sometimes it works okay sometimes you just can't get connected ! When you connect to the Celebrity WiFi the first time it will ask you to create an account with name and password. After that you could use any device to connect on. We find it varies according to the region. Europe isn't too bad , Asia is diabolical. Best times to use it are early morning or when ship is in port and not many people onboard.

Celebrity just rolled out a new internet service ... I believe it is called Xcelerate. I thought it was a huge improvement over their previous service that was offered. If you are each elite, you each get 90 minutes so you can each use on a separate device.

For some reason, I don't think you can connect on two different devices at the same time. I may be wrong on this but seem to recall someone posting about this before.

You can use the minutes all throughout the cruise. It does not have to be used all at one time.

Also, I didn't see the wine tasting listed here as one of the elite benefits. It is nothing extremely special but we enjoy it, nonetheless.

The elegant tea is something we'd not attended before ... it was great but a meal in itself. Don't plan a special dinner for that evening ... you will be stuffed.

I love the evening cocktail hour(s) even though we usually have the beverage package. I go for the social aspect of it and have met some fabulous people. I also enjoy the coffee style breakfast that they have in one of the specialty restaurants in the morning. I don't hit all of them but love going for the cappuccino in a nice sit down atmosphere. We definitely make good use out of our most appreciated benefits. We use the laundry very sparingly but it is nice to know it is there just in case. We are using our status on Celebrity to try out an RCCL cruise later this year. I just love that the benefits are reciprocal up to the elite / diamond status levels.

The cocktail hour is nice - there will be nice appetizers passed in the sky lounge, even IF you use your package. You can get any drink up there and pay for it too, you don't have to just have the elite cocktails (which are pretty basic anyway). Pretty place to watch sunset.

My husband always used both our 90 minutes internet because if he can't keep in touch with his business we can't cruise. He always had to buy additional minutes, so we're very glad for the unlimited that is available now.

You get a wee scoop of gelato, some $5 blackjack coupons, some discount bingo and a free dry cleaning and free pressing item. There is a tea you can attend and a cocktail party one evening, and some behind-the-scenes tours. The bag of laundry is great - that and the internet are the best perks. We're Elite + now but don't find that the benefits are really much of a step up at all from elite. And we'll never get to Zenith....

The house drinks aren't very good- but we have the premium package and order better drinks- we also get free unlimited internet- we do like the laundry a real perk and the tours are interesting-

Would like to get some free specialty dining which would really be a nice perk for us. Or perhaps a free shore excursion. We are Elite plus also. My DH likes the "free" gelato also.

The house drinks aren't very good- but we have the premium package and order better drinks- we also get free unlimited internet- we do like the laundry a real perk and the tours are interesting-

Would like to get some free specialty dining which would really be a nice perk for us. Or perhaps a free shore excursion. We are Elite plus also. My DH likes the "free" gelato also.

As for Elite+ perks I don't care about their shore excursions as we mostly do private ones and I'm sure there would be limits on which ones were included. I would like a complimentary specialty dining once a cruise. That would be nice.

The coupons they offer now for specialty dining (15%) and drink package purchases (10%) are pretting insulting. 10% off a drink package is not even the cost of one drink.

We feel that Diamond benefits are better than Elite benefits. The Elite cocktails are no use to us as we are late diners and 5-7 is too early for us, especially as there is a dress code. Laundry is OK - if you trust a ship's laundry with your clothes, and it's just a wash and fold anyway.

If you don't use a lot of wifi onboard, the internet minutes are better in that you can use them on a minute by minute basis unlike Royal where they make you use a continual 24 hours, although we tend to get a package for the cruise anyway and our experience has been that Royal has better wifi signals, although that may now have changed.

We love being able to help ourselves to a coffee in the dedicated lounge on Royal and to have a dedicated concierge to sort out any issues, there is no such thing on Celebrity. And whilst some people enjoy the private breakfast, we don't want to sit and be waited on at breakfast time.

No free photo and no balcony discount for Elite (unlike Diamond) but a couple of nice benefits which you get as Elite (and not as Diamond) are one pressing and one dry cleaning each and, not sure if this has changed, we always had priority tendering.

On balance we prefer the Diamond benefits though.

We feel that Diamond benefits are better than Elite benefits. The Elite cocktails are no use to us as we are late diners and 5-7 is too early for us, especially as there is a dress code. Laundry is OK - if you trust a ship's laundry with your clothes, and it's just a wash and fold anyway.

If you don't use a lot of wifi onboard, the internet minutes are better in that you can use them on a minute by minute basis unlike Royal where they make you use a continual 24 hours, although we tend to get a package for the cruise anyway and our experience has been that Royal has better wifi signals, although that may now have changed.

We love being able to help ourselves to a coffee in the dedicated lounge on Royal and to have a dedicated concierge to sort out any issues, there is no such thing on Celebrity. And whilst some people enjoy the private breakfast, we don't want to sit and be waited on at breakfast time.

No free photo and no balcony discount for Elite (unlike Diamond) but a couple of nice benefits which you get as Elite (and not as Diamond) are one pressing and one dry cleaning each and, not sure if this has changed, we always had priority tendering.

On balance we prefer the Diamond benefits though.

I totally agree with you on the Diamond cocktail hours. As it runs till 8pm it is much better for diners on the late dinner seating. The appetisers were also much better. I really don't understand why Celebrity don't do the same. Having said that we still prefer Celebrity ships.

I totally agree with you on the Diamond cocktail hours. As it runs till 8pm it is much better for diners on the late dinner seating. The appetisers were also much better. I really don't understand why Celebrity don't do the same. Having said that we still prefer Celebrity ships.

and....not only is there a Diamond Lounge where you can get your drinks but you also get 3 drinks loaded to your SeaPass card in case you don't want to visit the Diamon Lounge and you can have drinks elsewhere. Plus they have the drink lounge every night

Unless you are on a Celebrity cruise that uses vouchers then you have to go to the designate lounge to partake and they do not have the lounge open on Embarkation Day and the evening of the Senior Officers Cocktail Party.

Is the free internet package for one device or can we connect multiple devices to use the 90 minutes?

we have phones and tablets that we could use to connect.

You can use multiple devices, but only one per account at one time.

Perks are only good if you use them. We find the extra perks for being Elite Plus more than adequate. Internet minutes go from 90 to 240 p.p. which is going from 1 1/2 hours to 4 hours. The two free wash and fold laundry bags, p.p. rather than one means we can travel with just carryons on short cruises. The free specialty coffees all day is great for us that don't need drinking packages. We don't need anything else.

Our first time on Celebrity so your advice really is important as seasoned cruisers.

We are on the Celebrity Infinity in October because Royal didn't have a Panama Canal cruise for us to book a year ago.

If I reading posts correctly Celebrity doesn't require you to activate your internet minutes and use them all in a consecutive block?

I hate the ships coffee on Royal, thus I go to the lounge to water down the very dark roasted stuff. Looks like there isn't a lounge, where would you go to have a medium roast coffee?

Laundry? I only put things that can stand really hot water in the wash and fold laundry on Royal. Does this apply to Celebrity? We are on a 16 day cruise so will pack accordingly if I need to hand wash.

As an Diamond Plus member cruising as an Elite where would you take any issues that might arise? We have a ton of OBC that I am worried will be wasted. It looks like there won't be a Concierge that I can go to, or am I reading things incorrectly?

Can you use OBC to apply to a future cruise with Celebrity?

Can't wait to try our new experience on the sister line.

Thanks for the replies.

If I reading posts correctly Celebrity doesn't require you to activate your internet minutes and use them all in a consecutive block?

No need to use them all in one consecutive block -- when you log off your unused minutes will be waiting for you the next time you log on.

I hate the ships coffee on Royal, thus I go to the lounge to water down the very dark roasted stuff. Looks like there isn't a lounge, where would you go to have a medium roast coffee?

You can buy espresso-based coffees at Cafe al Bacio. You would probably want an Americano.

Laundry? I only put things that can stand really hot water in the wash and fold laundry on Royal. Does this apply to Celebrity? We are on a 16 day cruise so will pack accordingly if I need to hand wash.

Do the same on Celebrity -- only give them things that can stand really hot water, otherwise hand wash. You can request a cold water wash, but they don't always honor it.

As an Diamond Plus member cruising as an Elite where would you take any issues that might arise? We have a ton of OBC that I am worried will be wasted. It looks like there won't be a Concierge that I can go to, or am I reading things incorrectly?

You will have the Captain's Club host/hostess but I'm not sure he or she will be able to help with an OBC issue. There is a Concierge whose job is primarily to book special shore excursions, make special shore arrangements, look for lost luggage, but will often help with other issues. And there's always Guest Relations.

No

Our first time on Celebrity so your advice really is important as seasoned cruisers.

We are on the Celebrity Infinity in October because Royal didn't have a Panama Canal cruise for us to book a year ago.

typically do not use pressing or dry cleaning service.

Can't wait to try our new experience on the sister line.

Thanks for the replies.

With regards to laundry, we only give items such as underwear, pjs, tee shirts and sometimes old swim suits and shorts. I split white and light wash and in another bag dark wash and request cold water. we use a coupon for each load. Haven't had any problems or ruined garments. Would never give hand wash items or any very special items.

You can use credit in the shops to purchase gifts,personal items, jewelry,etc. If you do not have dining, shore excursions or alcohol packages you can also use the credit for these items. I am not sure about using credit for future cruises, however when we do book future cruises the future cruise rep uses our credit card directly not our account.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Don't forget the free day pass to Persian Gardens (sea days only)

Gonna try that this time.

Nothing beats the Diamond lounge coffee and free drink coupons IMHO although we also have the drinks pkg with our booking.

As for the value of the Elite perks, I really enjoy the Elite Cocktail Hour. Appetizers and drinks (from a limited menu) are available. The laundry coupon is good for socks, undies, t-shirts, and some shorts. Not sure if I would send my nicer items. The Internet sounds good but on our last cruise, I was able to retrieve one message in 40 minutes as it was so slow. So that used up nearly 50% of my free minutes. I was not the only one in that situation. Other pool souls had paid $$$ for the service.

If you really want to spoil yourself on a longer cruise, use your Elite(+) coupon to get 35% off the unlimited internet package.

I just did this on a 14 night cruise. Cost me $129 instead of $199.

It was a treat.

We used our Elite Celebrity benefits on the Allure of the Seas, and I can't emphasize enough how much we enjoyed having the three drinks placed on our sea card rather than having to go to the Diamond lounge. It is fun to check out the bars on board, and while the free drink menu was limited, it definitely got the job done.

So, if anyone from Celebrity is reading this, maybe you can consider putting the free drink benefit on our cards rather than having to go to the Elite lounge during very limited hours.

Does anyone remember if the cappuccino in the elite "coffee style" breakfast is actually a barista-made cappuccino? Or is it coming out of a machine? Those are a waste, in my opinion.

We used our Elite Celebrity benefits on the Allure of the Seas, and I can't emphasize enough how much we enjoyed having the three drinks placed on our sea card rather than having to go to the Diamond lounge. It is fun to check out the bars on board, and while the free drink menu was limited, it definitely got the job done.

So, if anyone from Celebrity is reading this, maybe you can consider putting the free drink benefit on our cards rather than having to go to the Elite lounge during very limited hours.

Does anyone remember if the cappuccino in the elite "coffee style" breakfast is actually a barista-made cappuccino? Or is it coming out of a machine? Those are a waste, in my opinion.

I for one enjoy the Elite cocktall hour as you meet fabulous people up there. We've made wonderful friends that if we were going to various bars on the ship wouldn't have had the same opportunity.

The cappuccino we had in January on the Summit at the elite breakfast were made by their barista and not a machine.

As for the value of the Elite perks, I really enjoy the Elite Cocktail Hour. Appetizers and drinks (from a limited menu) are available. The laundry coupon is good for socks, undies, t-shirts, and some shorts. Not sure if I would send my nicer items. The Internet sounds good but on our last cruise, I was able to retrieve one message in 40 minutes as it was so slow. So that used up nearly 50% of my free minutes. I was not the only one in that situation. Other pool souls had paid $$$ for the service.

As others have said the internet problem is or has been solved. Also any mention of slow service always got me more minutes. If a problem on any cruise or hotel one needs to politely inform management.

As others have said the internet problem is or has been solved. Also any mention of slow service always got me more minutes. If a problem on any cruise or hotel one needs to politely inform management.

Problem still exists depending on where you are. Internet from Iceland cruise on eclipse was almost unusable, even with the new system on the eclipse.