Live from Oasis Not Impressed

First impressions: way too crowded. Bar tenders not friendly despite extra tips and compliments on well made drinks. Cabin is the smallest balcony we have ever had. Closet and storage space minuscule. Diamond welcome gift is a plastic bag of nuts. Nothing other than a shampoo dispenser in the bath and no robes. No ice bucket and "cooler" (fridge) too small to store a wine bottle. Walls are paper thin and neighbors are LOUD. Kids running everywhere and banging on our door.

We're determined to have a good time anyway.

Just the facts, you decide. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ask your room steward for ice and you will get it with the ice bucket. We designate twice daily. I have stored up to three bottles of wine in the cooler/fridge. Just remove everything that is in it and set aside.

Royal Caribbean stopped leaving ice buckets in all cabins years ago. Just ask your cabin steward for ice and they will gladly leave you ice daily. As far as toiletries go, ours were all the way back on the shelf in the bathroom, behind the water glasses, easily missed if you weren't looking for them. Bathrobes are now hit or miss, ours were in our closet, crown and anchor benefits say they are now available on request.

Hope things get better, we got off Oasis a week ago and thought it was our best cruise to date.

First impressions: way too crowded. Bar tenders not friendly despite extra tips and compliments on well made drinks. Cabin is the smallest balcony we have ever had. Closet and storage space minuscule. Diamond welcome gift is a plastic bag of nuts. Nothing other than a shampoo dispenser in the bath and no robes. No ice bucket and "cooler" (fridge) too small to store a wine bottle. Walls are paper thin and neighbors are LOUD. Kids running everywhere and banging on our door.

Just the facts, you decide. [emoji848]

Oh my.

Not a great start for you.

I see you are well traveled by your cruise history.

Besides the crowds which are out of your control, what would make you happier.

I guess you should have booked a bigger cabin.

Speak to customer service about your dining arrangements, that should not happen to anyone.

I hate those damn cooler chests, but it is what all cabins get.

Enjoy, have a safe journey.

Sea Ya

We are on this cruise as well. So far things seem to be going ok for us. Cabana's were all sold out already but nothing else was not what we had hoped. It's warm and muggy but very cool indoors. Heard an alpha alpha alpha call. not sure what happened there. Hoping everyone is ok.

Happy saling!

I loved the Oasis. When I sailed on her she was full to capacity, but it never felt crowded at all. I don't think that I have ever seen a fridge on Royal that was big enough to hold a wine bottle. Find out what cabin the kids are in and bang on their door. Enjoy

Edited by Zigggypup

So basically you came here to complain about things, but say "we are enjoying it anyways." Sounds like you're not. Not really sure what you want us to say. So lets make this a productive discussion!!

What line/ship do you prefer? I see a lot of different things in your sig!

What cabin type? Deck #?

Definitely curious for more details!

Edited by atnolan94

So basically you came here to complain about things, but say "we are enjoying it anyways." Sounds like you're not. Not really sure what you want us to say. So lets make this a productive discussion!!

What line/ship do you prefer? I see a lot of different things in your sig!

What cabin type? Deck #?

Definitely curious for more details!

The poster actually said "We are determined to have a good time anyway". Wait until they see the size of the bars of soap in the bathroom......lol

Edited by Zigggypup

I'm surprised you found it way too crowded. Where was this? We've been on Oasis and Allure 3 times each and found them the least crowded of any ships because of the many areas you can use. Perhaps the Windjammer? which we never use, or on the Promenade on 70s night - which adds to the atmosphere. If you've just joined the ship perhaps you'll find it less busy as you find those quieter areas, Central Park for example.

Bar tenders can be friendly or not on any ship - if we find one we don't like we go elsewhere. Cabin - well the cabin and storage space depends on the category you book, it's not going to be any smaller within a category than on other ships. Perhaps you booked the wrong category for your needs.

Bag of nuts and also cookies for the gift presumably, since they're in the same packet - this has been the case for the last few years. You should have received drinks too. If you didn't that's bad, but a trip to the LA will sort it

I agree it's poor that there are no bathroom amenities other than the dispenser in the shower but you are entitled to robes. It seems that the latest policy is that they are only available on request to those who are entitled to them. To some extent I can understand this in that if they leave robes in cabins for all D members they all have to be washed at the end of a cruise regardless of whether they've been used. But as Diamond members you should have them if you request them

We've managed to store a bottle of wine in the fridge (although 3 would be a stretch!) and ice has been available only on request for some time.

As for the noise and unruly kids, well I really sympathise with you on that one but not really the fault of the ship

Edited by Bobal

Oasis/Allure always seem too crowded on the first day right after embarkation, especially during muster. AFter that, the crowds should bcome well-dispersed, and you'll only feel it at expected times, like when everyone is leaving a show.

As for ice, robes, shampoo, etc...just ask for them.

Quick update, we're busy enjoying our cruise. OV balcony deck 12. Smallest of this category ever experienced. Storage space limited in room, closet and bath. We realized too late that this is a holiday week for schools so that's my bad for booking during this time.

Our first impression is the crowds are overwhelming and the personal touch is missing. We know to ask our attendant for the missing items but still haven't seen a single one anywhere near our cabin or on our deck. Just reporting our experience so far.

BTW, Izumi hibachi will be included in our 3 dinner package using a $30.00 credit pp. someone here said it wasn't., so that's a plus. Also the ship itself and public rooms are amazing. I'm sure the suites have better amenities and are roomier than a standard OV balcony. Maybe some day well spring a suite at 3 times what we paid for this. [emoji6]

Have to agree on the crowding issues on Oasis-class. Of 10 RCCL cruises across Soverign-, Voyager-, Freedom- and Oasis-class ships, our two Oasis class cruises were by far the most crowded. Good cruises -- just very crowded.

I hope your cruise gets better. We were on Oasis a few years ago in a Central Park balcony, which we enjoyed. We sailed in October, so fewer kids - hopefully the little darlings will be up by the pool for the rest of the cruise driving their parents nuts. :)

The only time we noticed just how many people are on the ship was during the shows and the parades. We tried to avoid peak times in the Windjammer and usually that worked.

I can't say i was my best cruise, but I had a great time on Oasis - DH thought it was too big.

OP, great way to start off your thread. :rolleyes:

I believe you have to ask your attendant for robes now. I found that Oasis Class can be a little crowded on Day 1, but after that it was never an issue. I'm sure you have the little card that says "Ice is available upon request from your stateroom attendant". The kid problems have nothing to do with the ship.

That's what we found last December.:)

And same for last May!

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

First impressions: way too crowded.

If the weather isn't too nice out it can be crowded

Bar tenders not friendly despite extra tips and compliments on well made drinks.

Pick another bar

Cabin is the smallest balcony we have ever had.

Did you research so it wasn't a surprise? Also, they aren't that compared with others

small closet and storage space minuscule.

We managed. You will too

Diamond welcome gift is a plastic bag of nuts.

Yup, agreed. I'd rather have a welcome cocktail coupon

Nothing other than a shampoo dispenser in the bath and no robes.

Ask for robes!!!

No ice bucket and "cooler" (fridge) too small to store a wine bottle.

Ask for ice! Easy. I don't ever remember a fridge on any cruise that would store an upright wine bottle

Walls are paper thin and neighbors are LOUD.

It's not the walls. Your neighbors are loud

Kids running everywhere and banging on our door.

Is that the cruiseline's fault?

Hope so

I loved the Oasis. When I sailed on her she was full to capacity, but it never felt crowded at all. I don't think that I have ever seen a fridge on Royal that was big enough to hold a wine bottle. Find out what cabin the kids are in and bang on their door. Enjoy

We always store a bottle of wine in the cooler. We put the ice bucket in there to lower the temperature, too.

I found both Oasis and Allure to be crowded in many venues, especially when going into a show or other event. It keeps me from loving those ships.

Quick update, we're busy enjoying our cruise. OV balcony deck 12. Smallest of this category ever experienced. Storage space limited in room, closet and bath. We realized too late that this is a holiday week for schools so that's my bad for booking during this time.

Our first impression is the crowds are overwhelming and the personal touch is missing. We know to ask our attendant for the missing items but still haven't seen a single one anywhere near our cabin or on our deck. Just reporting our experience so far.

BTW, Izumi hibachi will be included in our 3 dinner package using a $30.00 credit pp. someone here said it wasn't., so that's a plus. Also the ship itself and public rooms are amazing. I'm sure the suites have better amenities and are roomier than a standard OV balcony. Maybe some day well spring a suite at 3 times what we paid for this. [emoji6]

Leave a note for your stateroom attendant. They have too many cabins to service and I think you're correct that the personal touch is lacking in some areas. I don't know what your preferred beverage is, but we always got good service at the Trellis Bar and Vintages.

And as I recall without doing exhaustive research, the cabins ineevery class up to an OS are smaller than they are on a Freedom, Voyager or Radiance class ship. I think the design in the balcony cabins is poor. We've sailed in smaller cabins with better layouts and didn't bump into each other nearly as much as we did on Oasis.;)

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself!

Wow just the first day and not underway yet. You have to ask for an ice bucket and may have to ask for robes. Sometimes they will bring them when they turn-down the cabin. Most ships now have the dispenser in the shower. First day is usually chaotic and noisy. Hopefully it will get better once sailing. I wouldn't let the small stuff bother you. I hope you enjoy your cruise

I've never sailed on the Oasis Class...and most likely never will. Simply too big for me. That being said...

On every cruise we've ever been on, no matter the size of the ship, its always felt a little 'crowded' on embarkation day. Everyone trying to eat lunch at the same time, everyone out and about exploring, everyone trying to get their dining reservations/table assignments settled, etc. As other posters have said, by the next day things seem more back to 'normal'.

Your cabin stewards are probably resting from 1-3pm or so. Remember, its turnaround day for them. They've been up since before the sun rose and have been scrambling to do heavier cleaning on every single one of their assigned staterooms.

Your bartenders have been up early too, probably doing inventory and restocking and getting ready for you to arrive.

The dining room staff has been up since the crack of dawn, serving breakfast to a LOT of passengers much earlier in the morning than the rest of the week, because everyone is up early to get off. The first night in the dining room they are learning names and faces and preferences of all the new passengers and getting their 'rhythm' down for the week.

Its a tough day for them all around. The more patience the passengers have, the more smiles they can offer the crew, I think the better start to the vacation everyone has.