Carnival increases stock dividend

OTOW guy

While anything related to a dividend going up is good, CCL is not exactly up there versus many alternatives, at 2.81% ( I know it's better than a bank account but so is AT&T at 4.94%). It's true value is in OBC's.

Could someone explain to me what carnival Corp. shareholders receive in the way of OBC ... Is it across all the lines carnival now owns ? Do you have to invest a significant amount?

The reason I ask is we have shares in a gold company that we want to take out and invest a share of those profits elsewhere

Any info greatly appreciated

Could someone explain to me what carnival Corp. shareholders receive in the way of OBC ... Is it across all the lines carnival now owns ? Do you have to invest a significant amount?

The reason I ask is we have shares in a gold company that we want to take out and invest a share of those profits elsewhere

Obc is for all al rand ships.$50 for 4 day$100 fir 7-13 day and$200 for 14 day per cabin

Hope this attachment of the CCL details works....

Penny

CCL obc 2016-17.pdf

I have been a CCL investor for many years and I have been most pleased with my investment. CCL is a well run Company. While I haven't agreed with all of the changes that have taken place within some of their Operating Companies, the Corporation as a whole has been, for me at least, a very good investment.

While anything related to a dividend going up is good, CCL is not exactly up there versus many alternatives, at 2.81% ( I know it's better than a bank account but so is AT&T at 4.94%). It's true value is in OBC's.

Factor in the all the OBC's I have received over the years I will take the 2.81% on my measly 100 shares.

The price appreciation since I bought it + nice dividends + OBC's = a win in my book!

Totally agree with this. RCL has done even better on price appreciation.

We own 100 share of both CCL and RCL which we originally bought just for the OBC.

I tell everyone I know, that if you cruise a bunch, you should seriously consider them as an investment.

I also have 100 of each. I wish I bought them when they are under $10 a share back in 2009 but I did a year or two earlier. Still the amount of OBC's I have received over the years makes the sting hurt less. Have made a little on Carnival and RCCL has more than tripled. Should have sold at $102 a few months ago!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I have few questions regarding stocks.

We are a family of 5, booked for 24 days on the OOsterdam this summer. We have two veranda connecting cabins. If I understand correctly we would receive 250$ SBC per cabin if both my husband and I bought 100 shares of stock ( we are booked each in one of the separate cabins, because there needs to be an adult booked in each room. We also have Two separate booking numbers). Do I have this right?

Also we were given 400$ per room OBC for booking with holland America directly. Would we be able to add the stockholder SBC to that amount? Or would it cancel it out?

On the website it says it can't be used for gratuities. Can the regular SBC be used for gratuities?

Thanks!

Hi all!

I have few questions regarding stocks. ...

The CCL stockholder's credit is per cabin. Since you have one adult in each of two cabins, with two different booking numbers, I see no reason why each adult could not get the credit, assuming each adult owned sufficient stock.

Yes, it is combinable.

The credit is applied to your account, and charges are subtracted from it as they add up. Gratuities are treated just like any other charge, and will be subtracted from the OBC.

Thank you Ruth C!

While I don't post often, I do read cruise critic quite often. I have read your answers to many questions. Thank you for answering my questions today and for all the responses that you have written to other peoples questions that I have read and learned from.

We're happy we bought it when it was $18.24 in 2009..We've made quite a bit in OBC & dividends plus it continues to increase..It went up over 70cents today to $47.26.. Great Investment :)

FYI another Poster Richwmn announced this dividend increase on April 16..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2343867&highlight=carnival+dividend+increase

Edited by serendipity1499