want to see more tv programming on your room TV's

I knew several people would post this. I don't cruise for tv either but it would still be nice to have something good to watch in the evenings while we are just relaxing.

And everyone cruises for different things. I don't cruise to go somewhere and sit by a pool or a beach since I can do that when at home. But many others do. If someone goes on a cruise and wants to watch tv then good for them. Their vacation their choice.

Great post I agree 100 percent.

I would love to see RCCL improve its room TV programming options increase some. Does anyone know if RCCL ever reviews what programming channels they offer to their guests? I sure would like to see some better channels!:)

But then people will stay in and not spend more $$$$.

Not sure how to get RCCL to listen to our wants for better programming anyone have any ideas?

Be sure to mention that on the survey they send you post cruise. I have been doing

it the last couple of years. Hoping the surveys will finally find someone at RCI that

actually cares at some point, especially if they get enough complaints.

My DH and I have complained on every post cruise survey for the last 7-8 years about the repetitive TV shows and the removal of the movie channel. Celebrity and Princess have much better TV options. We book a GS for the DVD player; however, it is disappointing to learn that on our upcoming B2B Allure sailings we will not have a DVD player in our GS. We are looking into buying an Apple digital AV adapter ($50) to stream Netflix and Amazon shows via our iPad. RCCL has the worst TV shows ever. It would be nice to just relax late in the evening watching some normal TV. I wish RCCL would read all of these posts. I have complained to the C&A Diamond plus line and was told that RCCL would like to see its passengers at shows and not in their cabin watching TV. I think watching TV is my prerogative - not RCCL's.

Strange that GS does not have a DVD on Allure, we almost booked Allure for next year and it would have cost more than 1,000 more than our GS on Navigator ( and that is a 9 day cruise).

I don't think anyone here is saying they are going on a cruise to watch TV. I think TV is just an adjunct entertainment thing that's a downtime filler.

Obviously, the lousy TV choices aren't keeping anyone from cruising. This thread kind of demonstrates how it could enhance the experience for some.

Tom

Same here. I don't go on a cruise to watch TV.

If they would just get VOOM working the SAME on all ships it would solve 90% of the TV problems. When VOOM is working good enough to stream we have been able to get Netflix, Fox News and even the live feed of our Orlando stations - unfortunately, VOOM varies from great to horrible. We are currently on NAV and it's been totally unpredictable. We are Pinnacle and get VOOM fro free - if we were paying for it I would request a refund.

Of course one does not go on a cruise for the TV, but I still have it on multiple times each day. And, really, if all they want to show are old episodes of "Mike and Molly" and "Two Broke Girls", that works for my purposes. BUT, not the same two episodes over and over and over again. At the least, show different episodes each day!!

I wish I would have remembered to comment on it on my last review.

I don't think anyone here is saying they are going on a cruise to watch TV. I think TV is just an adjunct entertainment thing that's a downtime filler.

Obviously, the lousy TV choices aren't keeping anyone from cruising. This thread kind of demonstrates how it could enhance the experience for some.

Tom

Exactly!! ;)

We also don't cruise for the TV (or internet) experience, but as parents of 3, it would be nice to have better TV options to entertain the kids while getting ready for dinner, or just before bed, etc. Not a deal breaker by any means, but would be a nice addition. I've personally only watched TV a handful of times while on a cruise, but is relaxing sometimes before bedtime.

Sadly, I feel Royal has proven over and over recently that they no longer care what the loyal cruising public wants.

How hard and expensive do you think it would be to change and enhance the programming with all the new technology Royal has put on these ships?

I also wish we had better choices for TV. We usually watch the TCM channel but lately RCI changes it to Spanish in the evening with, get this, Spanish subtitles!!! Very frustrating. Most of the channels have changed to an RCI channel to buy this or that. CNN International doesn't give you much US news at all and since we cruise US based cruises I would hope for more US news, especially since RCI stopped giving us Newspapers daily. We had called guest services once when we had the Spanish movies with Spanish subtitles and were told the ship has nothing to do with programming, Miami does. We've noted the TV issues on our survey and of course, nothing has ever changed.

We never watch TV in the room, although we usually have the channel with the GPS cruise itinerary map on for background. That said, I really wish they would use the USA ESPN channels instead of Caribbean ESPN for cruises sailing from USA ports. It'd be nice to see something other than tennis or soccer in the hot tubs and bars.

Tom

I guess I can always find something I'd rather do on a cruise than watch TV.

I do use the TV quite a bit during cruise - while I get ready for dinner and before bed - and I usually find something to watch. I also usually have a bit of OBC during my sailings so I'll treat myself to a movie. For what I use it for, I'm content with it.

We put the tv on to watch the cruise director's morning show as we are getting ready in the morning. We also will catch the love and marriage show since we don't go watch it in the theater anymore (too many overly prepared, repeat players are ruining it, just like quest). Also use it to check our on board account. Otherwise, we will put it on the bridge camera station for background music.

I knew several people would post this. I don't cruise for tv either but it would still be nice to have something good to watch in the evenings while we are just relaxing.

And everyone cruises for different things. I don't cruise to go somewhere and sit by a pool or a beach since I can do that when at home. But many others do. If someone goes on a cruise and wants to watch tv then good for them. Their vacation their choice.

There is a beach in Orlando?

Count us in!

Would LOVE to be able to catch some decent TV and a chance to keep up on the news and weather back home on our cruise.

Enjoyed Princess's multiple channels when we cruise with them.

I agree. 100% on the great channel selection on Princess. They also offer some fairly new movies on demand.

I would love to see some better TV channels on RCI. On our Carnival cruises we had ABC, CBS and NBC as well as a couple of news channels. It was great.

I don't cruise to watch TV either but there are times when I like to chill out in our room, or there might be days that I don't feel quite up to par and would love to be able to watch some TV.

Yes.Carnival uses Direct tv and depending on the ship you you either get Miami or Denver local channels. Much better than Headline news all day.