Email from Princess

lbfluffy

We leave in two weeks on the Grand. I just received an email from the cruise director Adam Love mentioning the exciting entertainment on the Grand. I don't remember getting an email like this when we went on the Crown last year. So exciting, nice touch.

Back when you booked a Princess cruise, you would get a welcome email from the Captain a couple of days later, after final payment you would get emails from the CD, chef, hotel manager/matre D' all giving you information on what to look forward to on your cruise. Lately, however, those emails have become non existent for some. A few years ago I found ALL my cruise emails shortly after booking in my cruise personalizer, non forthcoming in my in box. Last year, I couldn't find them at all since they have revamped their website. They are an excellent marketing tool, but I am wondering since I am elite, they taper off as you rise in the "ranks" I am sure others out there always get theirs, would be interesting to know who gets them, who doesn't

Edited by myfuzzy

Back when you booked a Princess cruise, you would get a welcome email from the Captain a couple of days later, after final payment you would get emails from the CD, chef, hotel manager/matre D' all giving you information on what to look forward to on your cruise. Lately, however, those emails have become non existent for some. A few years ago I found ALL my cruise emails shortly after booking in my cruise personalizer, non forthcoming in my in box. Last year, I couldn't find them at all since they have revamped their website. They are an excellent marketing tool, but I am wondering since I am elite, they taper off as you rise in the "ranks" I am sure others out there always get theirs, would be interesting to know who gets them, who doesn't

I am a lowly Platinum :)

We did not get the emails on our last cruise either. I did like them but was told by Princess that they no longer send them. Of course, we all know how consistent Princess is! Not surprising if some people get them and some people don't. :D

Hi Ibfluffy- I will be on the Grand in July and was wondering if you could share any specifics on what the CD said re: entertainment? Would love to know what's coming!

Thanks!

I tried to copy and paste but wouldn't let me. It just said to look forward to entertainment, naturalist enrichment classes, production shows.

I think we did get one email to book shore excursions.

Jessica

One used to be able to find all of these pre-cruise emails in the cruise personalizer but they seem to have gone away with one of the recent site overhauls. It's a bummer.

Back when you booked a Princess cruise, you would get a welcome email from the Captain a couple of days later, after final payment you would get emails from the CD, chef, hotel manager/matre D' all giving you information on what to look forward to on your cruise.

You forgot the one from jan swartz thanking your for

being smart enough to purchase the product she was selling.

ORIGINAL PRODUCTION SHOWS

British Invasion. A musical journey of the greatest songs and artists who emerged from the UK and travelled 'across the pond' to the US.

Do You Wanna Dance. A musical journey highlighting the many styles and forms of the art of dance.

ONBOARD MEDIA

Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Starring Daisy Ridley, John Boyega. Director: J.J. Abrams. Rated PG-13, 135 min.

Bridge of Spies (2015). Starring Tom Hanks, Mark Rylance. Directed by Stephen Spielberg. Rated PG-13, 142 mins

GUEST ENTERTAINERS

Steve Caouette. Hilarious stand-up comedy and sound effects from a finalist for Princess Cruises 4th Annual "Entertainer of the Year"

Jay Alexander. Jay Alexander?s Mind Tricks Live! is a unique blend of human lie detection, mind reading, memory stunts, and illusions that is funny, fast paced and will keep you on the edge of your seat.

ACTIVITIES

Gloeta Massie. Naturalist

Hoonah Tribal Representative. Tlingit Culture

KLONDIKE DAYS

Feel the glory days of the Gold Rush as it come to life and learn the language of the Tlingit, Haida and Tsimshian clans. Discover the history of this great land, as real Alaskans regale you with tales of early settlers and the native tribes.

We leave in two weeks on the Grand. I just received an email from the cruise director Adam Love mentioning the exciting entertainment on the Grand. I don't remember getting an email like this when we went on the Crown last year. So exciting, nice touch.

We've always got them, there are reports from others about not getting them.

You forgot the one from jan swartz thanking your for

being smart enough to purchase the product she was selling.

Oh, you are right, silly me. BTW, in Nov 2014, on the Regal, inaugeral cruise from Ft Lauderdale, I actually met her, and I forgot to thank her then too! LOL

I am a lowly Platinum :)

We did not get the emails on our last cruise either. I did like them but was told by Princess that they no longer send them. Of course, we all know how consistent Princess is! Not surprising if some people get them and some people don't. :D

We are also at the lowly Platinum level:D as well and did in fact receive the emails last September on the CB's Iceland and Norway T/A.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Ibfluffy- I will be on the Grand in July and was wondering if you could share any specifics on what the CD said re: entertainment? Would love to know what's coming!

Thanks!

Dear,

With your departure quickly approaching, we hope you're getting excited for your upcoming cruise aboard the GRAND PRINCESS !

Throughout your vacation, you'll enjoy an exciting array of entertainment options including thrilling, original production shows and spectacular guest entertainers. Plus, find out more about yourself and the world around you through onboard enrichment classes, fun onboard activities and enriching port lectures. There's something for every style and mood!

We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!

Sincerely,

Adam Love

Cruise Director

Name Loyalty Level

PLATINUM

PLATINUM

Booking Number D

Destination

Alaska

Vacation Begins 6/30/2016

Travel Agency CRUISE PLANNERS/RUSSELL

Flight Information

Available

Mandatory

Immigration

Form Complete

*IMPORTANT: A Canadian Visa is required for some nationalities. Click here for more information.

From production shows and Hollywood hits to fabulous entertainment and enriching experiences, there's a whole world of entertainment waiting for you onboard.

ORIGINAL PRODUCTION SHOWS

• British Invasion. A musical journey of the greatest songs and artists who emerged from the UK and travelled 'across the pond' to the US.

• Do You Wanna Dance. A musical journey highlighting the many styles and forms of the art of dance.

ONBOARD MEDIA

• Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Starring Daisy Ridley, John Boyega. Director: J.J. Abrams. Rated PG-13, 135 min.

• Bridge of Spies (2015). Starring Tom Hanks, Mark Rylance. Directed by Stephen Spielberg. Rated PG-13, 142 mins.

GUEST ENTERTAINERS

• Derrick Cameron. SEEN ON THE TONIGHT SHOW & SPENT 7 YEARS TOURING WITH JOHNNY MATHIS

• Stephani Parker. Stephani Parker Presents: The Greatest Voice of All

ACTIVITIES

• Gloeta Massie. Naturalist

• Capt. David Lethin. Deadliest Catch

KLONDIKE DAYS

Feel the glory days of the Gold Rush as it come to life and learn the language of the Tlingit, Haida and Tsimshian clans. Discover the history of this great land, as real Alaskans regale you with tales of early settlers and the native tribes.

Does email advise if Luigi Moretti is still the Maitre D' on Grand please?

Bon Voyage, Mario & Rose

We didn't get them for our last cruise but have gotten them for our upcoming cruise. What peeves me is that they are no longer available on the Princess web site. It used to be simple to check out all the pre-cruise email even if you had somehow missed it but that seems to have disappeared in one of the frequent site overhauls.