Princess Upgrade Desk

OhioJourneys

Traveling on a different line in the past few years, I learned that they offer an upgrade desk. If you call 2-20 days prior to departure, you can sometimes get an amazing upgrade offer. Wondering if PCL offers this and if so, does anyone know the number. My past experience with Princess upgrades is that they are few and far between and offered only through your travel agent.

Traveling on a different line in the past few years, I learned that they offer an upgrade desk. If you call 2-20 days prior to departure, you can sometimes get an amazing upgrade offer. Wondering if PCL offers this and if so, does anyone know the number. My past experience with Princess upgrades is that they are few and far between and offered only through your travel agent.

With Princess, you usually have to wait for them to call you (if selected) for an upgrade (either free or paid).

Edited by dforeigner

Most Princess upgrades are to a higher category of the same type. They occasionally offer an upsell to a better type of cabins. For instance, we just got an offer to move from an obstructed view cabin to a balcony cabin for a 7 day cruise. Cost was $229 per person. We declined.

To my knowledge I have not heard of an upgrade desk for Princess.

What I can tell you is that on our next cruise we had an obstructed oceanview cabin and they gave us an upgrade to a balcony on the Riveria deck.

What some would think of this not as an upgrade because this cabin is right across the way of the laundry room, I will take this gift :)

I'm one happy cruiser.

This is the second time the Princess upgrade fairy has been so kind as to bump us up and no extra charge. :D

Edited by greenie082756

Most reliable way to upgrade is to pay for it. Never heard of an upgrade desk. Most Princess shops are fully booked well in advance. There's be no way to upgrade you. In the last couple of years, Princess has offered upsells where you pay for the upgrade rather than giving free upgrades. Whether the upsell is worth it to you or not is a personal decision.

Just took advantage of a visit from the Upsell Fairy. We went from an obstructed view to a window suite. For a really nominal fee we got a window suite that was still considerably cheaper than the advertised price for an oceanview or balcony for the same cruise date. I believe it is partly due to the fact we got our original booking for such a good price. And it was also cheaper to upgrade to a window suite than to a balcony. Given the itinerary the window suite is a much better match/offer.

They had three window suites left at the time of the offer; we got one of them. I'm sure that the other two will go quickly. This will then leave Princess with less expensive cabins that they can market for last minute bookings and have a better shot at filling them.

Good decision for us. Good bet for Princess.

Just took advantage of a visit from the Upsell Fairy. We went from an obstructed view to a window suite. For a really nominal fee we got a window suite that was still considerably cheaper than the advertised price for an oceanview or balcony for the same cruise date. I believe it is partly due to the fact we got our original booking for such a good price. And it was also cheaper to upgrade to a window suite than to a balcony. Given the itinerary the window suite is a much better match/offer.

They had three window suites left at the time of the offer; we got one of them. I'm sure that the other two will go quickly. This will then leave Princess with less expensive cabins that they can market for last minute bookings and have a better shot at filling them.

Good decision for us. Good bet for Princess.

Very nice! Congrats on the Window Suite. :)

After arriving on board,for our honeymoon and our gty balcony cabin,we discovered 4 bunk beds affixed to the wall.Straight down to guest services to complain,and were told that they assumed as being 2 females,that is what we would have wanted.

After 2 days of back and forwards we were assured there were no other cabins,on the 3rd morning we packed our bags,and took them to the desk,then back to the cabin,just as we had half maneuvered a mattress out into the hallway,guest services arrived and asked what we were doing.

Our reply was that we are sleeping right in the atrium unless something was done.We were then marched down to guest services and offered a ov cabin with $1000 obc,(yes $1000).

We took this,and had a wonderful cruise for the next 17 days.

Point 1. They assumed we wanted another balcony.

Point 2. We assumed they knew what we were thinking.

Point 3. Those mattresses are bloody heavy.

Also back on topic, free upgrades are computer generated.

Up-Sells are not they are business generated and planned.

We still laugh about this one today as being the DOWNGRADE/UPGRADE.

After arriving on board,for our honeymoon and our gty balcony cabin,we discovered 4 bunk beds affixed to the wall.Straight down to guest services to complain,and were told that they assumed as being 2 females,that is what we would have wanted.

After 2 days of back and forwards we were assured there were no other cabins,on the 3rd morning we packed our bags,and took them to the desk,then back to the cabin,just as we had half maneuvered a mattress out into the hallway,guest services arrived and asked what we were doing.

Our reply was that we are sleeping right in the atrium unless something was done.We were then marched down to guest services and offered a ov cabin with $1000 obc,(yes $1000).

Points 1 and 2 are valid in so many circumstances.

They should have helped you move the mattress, then sold tickets.

Big money spinner.

No such thing as an upgrade desk. What cruise line have you seen this?

NCL does ;) Norwegian upsale # 800-625-4309...if your willing to pay...sometimes GREAT deals from what I am told :)

After arriving on board,for our honeymoon and our gty balcony cabin,we discovered 4 bunk beds affixed to the wall.
Not sure if I follow your logic regardless of what the Passenger Services Desk said or how you interpreted it. When you book a GTY, you technically say you'll accept any cabin assigned by Princess. My guess is that this is what they meant when they said this is what you wanted: you wanted a GTY and this is what you got. No wonder you're laughing: you got one heck of a deal. Great Princess customer service.

Wow!! Happy Happy Good for you. I love taking the mattresses into the hallway :D

Tony

Leaving aside the issue of the drop down berths, (I agree with Pam...when you book a GTY, you run the risk of getting a cabin with those "noggin' knockers"), are there Balcony cabins where the lower beds cannot be converted into a queen when the upper berths are not in use? I understand that when the cabin is occupied by 4 people and the upper berths are in use, this can be an issue. But why couldn't the two lower twins become a queen when the cabin was occupied by two people? Especially if doing so would have saved Princess $1,000 of OBC. I am happy that mrs and mrs got the nice bonus, but if it were me at Passengers Services, I would have gone in a different direction.

No such thing as a upgrade desk.

Disney has an upgrade desk at Port Canaveral. These are for paid upgrades and can be quite the deal.

Absolutely, they do. But they can also be telling you that there are no upgrades at all available. Their goal is to maximize the revenue for each cruise. If they have cabins available, they'll happily upgrade you for a price. We were on one cruise where the Walt suite was available due to a last minute medical emergency!