No more cases of Bottled Water Allowed!

I like the ships water better than bottled water. No swelling issues though. If I did have and could trace it to the water, I would avoid it as much as possible. I still say offer it reasonably priced if they are gonna crack down on this. 3.99 a 12 pk is fair. People buy it and I'm sure they'd make at least 100% profit on every one sold. Win win

Edited by ryano

We aren't salt users either and I am sure that is part of it, but drinking bottled spring water instead of the ships water makes a big difference.

There are many water threads on this board and there are a bunch of people who have the same issue.

Same here. No salt. My ankle swelling on cruises started 3 years ago, before that never a problem. So, because of cc we got a water pkg on our last cruise. I made sure to drink plenty to keep the system flushed, it had no affect at all. My ankles never swell at home

I do think it's the salt in the food

Edited by setsail

It is better to ask forgiveness than seek permission.

:D

(why oh why DID YOU CALL THEM?!?!?! :eek:)

Exactly. Stick it in a piece of luggage and it will probably make it through. PC is one of the worst for taking that kind of stuff. Would not check our tote "cooler" bags we had to carry them on. So much of it is a port thing vs the cruise line

It is better to ask forgiveness than seek permission.

:D

(why oh why DID YOU CALL THEM?!?!?! :eek:)

That motto has kept my marriage going for years. Meanwhile, I agree - if the written policy says no, why ever would you call? Did you think they were going to tell you, well, that's our policy but don't worry about it? In any event, I've been cruising long before anyone became dependent on bottled water, so am fine with the ship's water. I just bring a sports bottle if I want something to carry around with me.

Doesn't bother me in the least. I hardly ever drink bottled water, but prefer to carry a refillable water bottle in my luggage and use it. With very few exceptions have I ever found tap water unpalatable on land and never on-board. :)

Same here. Nothing wrong with tap water, especially on a ship.

I'm becoming more and more aware of the damage plastics are doing to the oceans and try to reuse bottles/utensils as much as I can on the rare occasions when I do end up using them. I know the cruise lines recycle but still, it would be so much better if we all did our part to help the environment and just stopped using disposable plastics altogether, or at the very least, try to cut back. I'm sick of seeing plastic garbage littering the landscape when I go to the beach.

Today is World Oceans Day. I think it's safe to say that all of us on here love the ocean and would prefer that plastic garbage is kept away from sea life.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Could be the salty/oversalted food is also causing the ankle swelling. We don't use the salt shaker at home, so when we eat out we notice how salty most restaurant or cruise ship food is. :eek:

So do you think that those of using spring water are also not eating on the ship? Because if it's the food, then there should be no difference in swelling.

I promise I'm not fasting when I drink the Evian. I eat just the same as on the unfortunate days I've had on ships when I'm drinking the ship water. And the difference in swelling is significant.

12 liters of water, delicious water, without the awful swelling issues, is well worth $40 to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. Nothing wrong with tap water, especially on a ship.

I'm becoming more and more aware of the damage plastics are doing to the oceans and try to reuse bottles/utensils as much as I can on the rare occasions when I do end up using them. I know the cruise lines recycle but still, it would be so much better if we all did our part to help the environment and just stopped using disposable plastics altogether, or at the very least, try to cut back. I'm sick of seeing plastic garbage littering the landscape when I go to the beach.

Today is World Oceans Day. I think it's safe to say that all of us on here love the ocean and would prefer that plastic garbage is kept away from sea life.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

The huge ship that you love to sail on the ocean also has an impact on our environment. You give up cruising and I will give up spring water.

So do you think that those of using spring water are also not eating on the ship? Because if it's the food, then there should be no difference in swelling.

I promise I'm not fasting when I drink the Evian. I eat just the same as on the unfortunate days I've had on ships when I'm drinking the ship water. And the difference in swelling is significant.

12 liters of water, delicious water, without the awful swelling issues, is well worth $40 to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. We used to bring a reusable water bottle and drank a lot of water, still swelled. Started drinking bottled water almost exclusively on the ship and the swelling was almost non existent. I do know that the food is much more salty than I have at home, but personally the water also plays a big part in MY swelling.

For those that can drink the ship water without issue great for you, wish I could as well, but please don't those who can't we are imagining it.

That's great if that works for you, but there are many of us that have found that the ship's water causes ankle swelling. Bottled spring water makes a huge difference for a lot of people.

I knew it! Something has been wrong over the years and thought it was the scopolamine I was getting in pill form and can still get from a compounding pharmacy.... I have been testing it lately to see if that is the problem.... But no! I'm not crazy..... I haven't figured it out until I read this thread...

It has got to be the ships water... I thought maybe it was the sea and salt air.... Now it makes sense.... Holy crap! It's been the water on the ship all this time.... I need to bring spring water and stay off of ships water....

My daughter experienced the same and we both thought it was the med... Now I know what was making mine and her feet swell like balloons and ready explode.... Trust me when I tell you our ankles and feet looked like if you popped them we would go off like a balloon...

Now the problem is how to avoid the ships water.... Yeah I can bring my own and won't ask but ice cubes and drinks will make me swell then too then....

I'm Not going to stop cruising because of water as I have not stopped cruising because of sea sickness, But the swelling of my ankles and feet are such that I obviously need bottled water24/7 and can get expensive....

I for one am bringing bottled water onboard and not asking.

I knew it! Something has been wrong over the years and thought it was the scopolamine I was getting in pill form and can still get from a compounding pharmacy.... I have been testing it lately to see if that is the problem.... But no! I'm not crazy..... I haven't figured it out until I read this thread...

It has got to be the ships water... I thought maybe it was the sea and salt air.... Now it makes sense.... Holy crap! It's been the water on the ship all this time.... I need to bring spring water and stay off of ships water....

My daughter experienced the same and we both thought it was the med... Now I know what was making mine and her feet swell like balloons and ready explode.... Trust me when I tell you our ankles and feet looked like if you popped them we would go off like a balloon...

Now the problem is how to avoid the ships water.... Yeah I can bring my own and won't ask but ice cubes and drinks will make me swell then too then....

I'm Not going to stop cruising because of water as I have not stopped cruising because of sea sickness, But the swelling of my ankles and feet are such that I obviously need bottled water24/7 and can get expensive....

I for one am bringing bottled water onboard and not asking.

Maybe. But I've always been a little skeptical of these claims, and there is no good theory of the science to back them up. Plus, as you point out, if the ship's water caused that, you'd think that drinks/ice/soups, etc. made with ships water would do the same thing. But those who've posted of this problem tend to say that all is fine, as long as they drink bottled water, and the other things made using the ship's water don't cause problems.

It's worth a shot, I'm just suggesting that it may not be the cure-all that you seem to be expecting.

On our last cruise, I used the two tall bottles of water in our cabin and expected to see it on our on board account. There were also two small bottles, and we used those on excursions. We did not get charged for any of them. I was surprised.

On other cruises, they kept track and charged them, which I was fine with. I think the cabin attendant was not paying attention, but I thought it is their job to replace what you use, and then charge you.

Edited by KansasK

On our last cruise, I used the two tall bottles of water in our cabin and expected to see it on our on board account. There were also two small bottles, and we used those on excursions. We did not get charged for any of them. I was surprised.

On other cruises, they kept track and charged them, which I was fine with. I think the cabin attendant was not paying attention, but I thought it is their job to replace what you use, and then charge you.

Sometimes, depending on your C&A status or cabin category (eg suites), you get a couple complimentary bottles of water at the start of your cruise. Generally, if it's out in the open on a countertop, it's complimentary. If it's in the mini-bar/fridge, then you will be charged, if you consume it.

Maybe. But I've always been a little skeptical of these claims, and there is no good theory of the science to back them up. Plus, as you point out, if the ship's water caused that, you'd think that drinks/ice/soups, etc. made with ships water would do the same thing. But those who've posted of this problem tend to say that all is fine, as long as they drink bottled water, and the other things made using the ship's water don't cause problems.

It's worth a shot, I'm just suggesting that it may not be the cure-all that you seem to be expecting.

Do your feet swell? Do you know the pain it causes? I do! Can the ice cause it too? Can the soup cause it? Maybe... All I know is I drink a lot of the ships water and maybe the little bit of ice or soup made from that water May not be enough, But I and others are here reporting it... Just because your not affected doesn't mean others are not...

Now all we need is someone who's feet swell, not drink bottle water during the cruise and use this . Any volunteers?

Bottled water is just filtered water.

That bottle filters the water.

Better to take the Brita bottle.

:)

I like the ships water better than bottled water. No swelling issues though. If I did have and could trace it to the water, I would avoid it as much as possible. I still say offer it reasonably priced if they are gonna crack down on this. 3.99 a 12 pk is fair. People buy it and I'm sure they'd make at least 100% profit on every one sold. Win win

100% profit is not near enough compared what they make on their other drinks. Domestic beer for example: I buy it when it's on sale and get it for about $.65 per 12 oz., including tax. The sell it for at least $6 plus 18% tip. At the quantities they buy, they pay a lot less than $.65 each. That puts them at 1,000% profit. That puts the beer at $72 for a 12 pack.

Bottled water is just filtered water.

That bottle filters the water.

Better to take the Brita bottle.

:)

Yeah but how much does the Britta Filter water bottle filter during a 7 day cruise?

100% profit is not near enough compared what they make on their other drinks. Domestic beer for example: I buy it when it's on sale and get it for about $.65 per 12 oz., including tax. The sell it for at least $6 plus 18% tip. At the quantities they buy, they pay a lot less than $.65 each. That puts them at 1,000% profit. That puts the beer at $72 for a 12 pack.

Yeah I agree, But we are not talking about beer.... So what am I supposed to do down my meditations with beer.... lol