What's the Deal with RCL Agents????

Whats your vector victor.

Surely you can't be serious.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Anywho......if you call during the day you won't get the outsourced calls.

Awesome, thanks, I will remember this!

We have clearance, Clarence!

It doesn't matter if you understand them or not, they are all worthless and know nothing and will say anything to get you to take out a credit card.

credit card ?

are you on the right forum...this is Royal Caribbean - the cruise company ...just saying'

:D

I don't hate the company, but I did have a rather poor experience with their phone agents over the past week and my opinion is they know nothing and are only there to process credit cards and will say and do anything to get to that point.

Is it a requirement somewhere that we keep quiet bad experiences and only talk about good ones?

I have bridges for sale:rolleyes:

Just a suggestion given your experiences with the Royal call centers... Why don't you work with an experienced travel agent? Then you will almost always speak to the same person and they will learn what you like and don't.

We have found that to work for us.

Does RCL export customer support outside the United States? I've had problems the past couple of days understanding what they are telling me....am I the only one experiencing this?

No, it's not just you. The past couple times I called, I had a hard time understand them also. English was definitely not their first language.

No, it's not just you. The past couple times I called, I had a hard time understand them also. English was definitely not their first language.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, about 25% of the population does not list English as their first language

Just a suggestion given your experiences with the Royal call centers... Why don't you work with an experienced travel agent? Then you will almost always speak to the same person and they will learn what you like and don't.

We have found that to work for us.

Tried that once. Fail on a price cut. She didn't notify us and I had a most difficult time reaching her. But hey, we might try it again one year. Not a bad idea.

Thanks totally for all the suggestions. Especially the nice suggestions regarding calling during the daylight hours.

But to the ones who thought that I was implying anything about foreigners and accents, you're all being ridiculously snarky, and trying to stir something up. I am merely telling it like it is. I simply couldn't understand them, period. They need to improve in their English skills, and I don't give a hoot if it's 25% of the US population that reports in that English isn't their official language. SO WHAT?

What I care about is how much I invest into cruise holidays, so I frankly deserve to get someone on the phone that speaks proper English that I can understand what they're telling me.

FWIW, I understand that RCCL has contracted with Xerox Corporation for the service that folks are complaining about.

One Call Center is reported to be in Guatemala and another is in the Benelux area based on information in a Xerox ad recruiting folks with TA experience.

I personally have only dealt with the C&A folks in the US and they are very helpful. My TA has had the misfortune of having to deal with the Guatemala Call Center - language and knowledge of RCI has been a problem.

Thanks totally for all the suggestions. Especially the nice suggestions regarding calling during the daylight hours.

But to the ones who thought that I was implying anything about foreigners and accents, you're all being ridiculously snarky, and trying to stir something up. I am merely telling it like it is. I simply couldn't understand them, period. They need to improve in their English skills, and I don't give a hoot if it's 25% of the US population that reports in that English isn't their official language. SO WHAT?

What I care about is how much I invest into cruise holidays, so I frankly deserve to get someone on the phone that speaks proper English that I can understand what they're telling me.

Just so that we can stay appropriately OFF topic here...........

A disturbing percentage of the posters on Cruise Critic don't write in proper English.

;) :eek: :rolleyes: :p

Just so that we can stay appropriately OFF topic here...........

A disturbing percentage of the posters on Cruise Critic don't write in proper English.

;) :eek: :rolleyes: :p

Ha! Snark!

Hey, I thought you retired? Move along, move along.:eek:;):D

She seriously should. We're trying our best to maintain and keep this forum as an informative forum without snarky, rude comments.

She seriously should. We're trying our best to maintain and keep this forum as an informative forum without snarky, rude comments.

That went out the window long before Merion Mom's quip.

Well, you might want to ask for this thread to be deleted then. Starting a thread to attack someone's accent is rude to begin with, it has just gone downhill from there.

That was blown to crap with the very first response in this thread.

Edited by Aquahound

That was blown to crap with the very first response in this thread.

Royals untrained phone agents ended up costing me hundreds of additional dollars. You will have to accept my opinion that they know little more than how to take a credit card. You don't have to agree but when theie misinformation costs you maybe you will understand also.

Royals untrained phone agents ended up costing me hundreds of additional dollars. You will have to accept my opinion that they know little more than how to take a credit card. You don't have to agree but when theie misinformation costs you maybe you will understand also.

I agree, Maxwell!

Well, you might want to ask for this thread to be deleted then. Starting a thread to attack someone's accent is rude to begin with, it has just gone downhill from there.

Live with it. Period? And I don't mean the one at the end of this sentence.:D

My calls to them, both on agent and consumer lines are frequently being bounced out of the US. If I cannot even understand the "thank you for calling Royal...." I hang up and call back...sometimes 3 or 4 times.

And I agree, the news sales pitches get on my nerves.

If you want to reach the Springfield OR office every time, call Crown and Anchor. Springfield is the only office that has it.

And last time I did that, their system recently changed, and I was rudely pushed off to the reservations line....overseas. I have gotten 2 very rude C&A reps in the past 3 or 4 weeks....

And last time I did that, their system recently changed, and I was rudely pushed off to the reservations line....overseas. I have gotten 2 very rude C&A reps in the past 3 or 4 weeks....

2 out of probably 100 or so. It's unfortunate they were rude, but 2% is hardly representative of the whole department. Every time I talk to them they're very pleasant.

It might also be because I'm not rude and I don't act entitled. Not that I'm implying that you are, but I'm betting those agents get a lot of really rude people, all day every day. Calling them worthless, like one person on this thread did, doesn't help anyone.