Diamond Mixologists - help me be creative

Hello everyone - I am Diamond and without a drink package on the Allure - therefore the Happy Hour lounge and 3 drink Diamond perk is fairly important to me.

I know that the lounge and drink perks are limited to specific mixers and alcohol. Unfortunately I have a hard time thinking of cocktails that can be created from the available list of beverages - so I normally just cop out and order a glass of wine or champagne.

I'd like to expand my DL options on this cruise and add some variety - so what are some options for me? Help me branch out and be creative!!

Ask what special drinks they are making. On all the ships I have sailed in the past 3 or so years, the waiters in the CL, SL or DL are making a variety of drinks, including bloody marys, appletinis, lemontinis, cosmos, chocolate martinis, margaritas, and once, a peach martini. Yum.

IMG_0668_zpsibrt9q0w.jpg

Bacardi, ginger ale (or ginger beer -- I don't think they have ginger beer) + lime aka Rum Mule. Normally you'd have it with dark rum like gosling's. You can substitute ANY spirit here. Gin, vodka, scotch, bourbon.

Tanqueray + lemon juice + simple syrup + club soda for a Tom Collins. One of my favorite cocktails.

Bacardi + simple syrup + mint + soda for a Mojito, but see if they have any fruit. If they have garnishes they could muddle an orange wedge, raspberry, or cherries in there as well which would be good.

One of my personal faves is a vodka gimlet with a little extra lime. It's just vodka with Rose's Lime Juice on ice and a couple of lime wedges for garnish on the edge of the glass. I squeeze in the limes and drop them in the drink. (If it's too tart, you can ask the bartender to add a little simple syrup to sweeten it a bit.)

Judy

Bacardi, ginger ale (or ginger beer -- I don't think they have ginger beer) + lime aka Rum Mule. Normally you'd have it with dark rum like gosling's. You can substitute ANY spirit here. Gin, vodka, scotch, bourbon.

Tanqueray + lemon juice + simple syrup + club soda for a Tom Collins. One of my favorite cocktails.

Bacardi + simple syrup + mint + soda for a Mojito, but see if they have any fruit. If they have garnishes they could muddle an orange wedge, raspberry, or cherries in there as well which would be good.

Ginger beer (if they have ginger beer, might not be QUITE the same thing with Ginger Ale) & Gosling's - a Dark & Stormy!

Ginger beer (if they have ginger beer, might not be QUITE the same thing with Ginger Ale) & Gosling's - a Dark & Stormy!

Another one of my favorites, but it looks like they don't offer black seal for free!

In R Bar they'd muddle real ginger up to create the ginger base for mule-based drinks. Good stuff!

Ask what special drinks they are making. On all the ships I have sailed in the past 3 or so years, the waiters in the CL, SL or DL are making a variety of drinks, including bloody marys, appletinis, lemontinis, cosmos, chocolate martinis, margaritas, and once, a peach martini. Yum.

Would love an appletini. Not available in the CL on Rhapsody or Jewel or in the SL Oasis unless I wanted to pay for it.

Baileys and diet coke....almost like an ice cream soda.

You are only the second person I have ever heard mention this. The first time I heard it (only a few months ago) I thought my friend was nuts! Now I'm thinking I may have to try it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Cape Codder= vodka, cranberry, lime garnish.

Whiskey sour= whiskey an sour mix

Tom Collins = gin, sour mix, splash soda

Vodka Collins: vodka, sour mix, soda.

Rum and coke turns into Cuba Libra when you add lime garnish.

Loved the lemon drops, look forward to trying Bailey's and coke!

May I suggest cocktailbuilder - you can plug in ingredients and play around. I can't remember if they have angostura bitters or not up there - this list assumes they don't. Assuming they have decent mixers, which I added, here are some drinks that came up:

Bronx Cocktail

2 oz of Gin (substitute with tanqueray gin)

1/2 oz of dry vermouth

1/2 oz of sweet vermouth

1 oz of Orange Juice

Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with cracked ice. Stir and strain into chilled cocktail glass.

Paisley Martini

3 oz of Gin (substitute with tanqueray gin)

1/2 tsp of dry vermouth

1/2 tsp of Scotch (substitute with jameson blended whiskey)

Brown Cocktail

1 1/2 oz of Gin (substitute with tanqueray gin)

1 oz of Light Rum (substitute with bacardi light rum)

1/2 oz of dry vermouth

Stir all ingredients with cracked ice in a mixing glass and strain into shilled cocktail glass.

Half and Half Shot

1/2 shot of Irish cream (substitute with baileys irish cream)

1/2 shot of Irish whiskey (substitute with jameson blended whiskey)

Layer in shot glass.

Snakebite

1 1/2 oz of Canadian whisky (substitute with jameson blended whiskey)

1/2 oz of Lime Juice

Shaken, not stirred. Pour into a rock glass.

Note: the snakebites I've heard of are half cider, half beer... never heard of this version.

Woodfather

1 oz of Johnny Walker Black Label Scotch (substitute with jameson blended whiskey)

1 oz of Baileys Irish Cream

Pour both scotch and Bailey's over ice and stir 3 times.

Orange Buck

2 oz of Gin (substitute with tanqueray gin)

2 oz of Orange Juice

1 oz of Lime Juice

Ginger ale

lime slice

Combine all ingredients, except ginger ale and lime slice, with cracked ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake well and strain into a chilled collins glass over ice cubes. Fill with ginger ale and stir gently. Garnish with lime slice.

Yeah... I'm a little bored tonight.

Edited by thejewgernaut