Dream destination? I would love an itinerary that goes to....

Maybe Celebrity will monitor this thread. I don't know about you but despite being incredibly bored of some ports of call I will still continue to cruise. (Think St Thomas, St. Maarten, Nassau, same Baltics, same western Carib, even same Alaska). Obviously there are port limitations, I get that.

So where would you like Celebrity to consider going?

Arctic circle, for example the top end of Norway. Other cruise lines do it so why not X?

What do you think?

Maybe Celebrity will monitor this thread. I don't know about you but despite being incredibly bored of some ports of call I will still continue to cruise. (Think St Thomas, St. Maarten, Nassau, same Baltics, same western Carib, even same Alaska). Obviously there are port limitations, I get that.

Arctic circle, for example the top end of Norway. Other cruise lines do it so why not X?

What do you think?

I can identify with the OP...when we are on a ship that stops in Grand Cayman, the sting rays line up on the bottom and spell out "welcome back GH".

Northern lights, top of Norway would be on my list as well.

some other thoughts:

How about a couple of b2b repositioning type cruises...southampton to the US via iceland, newfoundland, quebec, etc....and back.

A cruise that included easter island....

I'd love to see an S class do Norway, Arctic Circle, perhaps Iceland. A nice 12-14 day cruse would be great.

Last year we were on the Eclipse which went to two different ports in Iceland (including an overnight in Reykjavik), sailed through the Arctic Circle and then to the Faroe Islands plus various ports in Norway, a 14 night cruise. However this year, and at least next year, the one "Iceland" cruise is 12 nights, Iceland, Ireland plus other ports including "the wonderful port of Guernsey", not that I am biased. ;)

Edited by Guernseycruiser

What do you think?

Does not X do a Norwegian Fjord cruise currently? Although I could not readily find it listed.

bon voyage

Does not X do a Norwegian Fjord cruise currently? Although I could not readily find it listed.

bon voyage

yes, I think they did one already this year. I don't know of any currently scheduled that go all the way up Norway to the Arctic Circle and if one did that cruise, it would be nice to go at a good time to see the northern lights.

bon voyage

I'm on the Eclipse end of August but it only goes about 1/2 way up Norway. It will still be nice but not as interesting as seeing the flora and fauna north of the Arctic circle.

Edited by wendychloecruiser

I can identify with the OP...when we are on a ship that stops in Grand Cayman, the sting rays line up on the bottom and spell out "welcome back GH".

Northern lights, top of Norway would be on my list as well.

some other thoughts:

How about a couple of b2b repositioning type cruises...southampton to the US via iceland, newfoundland, quebec, etc....and back.

A cruise that included easter island....

Some geography facts: if you want to see the nothern lights you would have to visit the north in the winter when it is dark, and I don't think Celebrity ships have icebreaker cababilities. In the summer it is the midnight sun in the north and arctic circle and above. It is constantly light day and night, too light to see the northern lights. You can see the sun shining at night.

I know this because I have lived at the arctic circle in Lapland for many years.

I would like a long Norwegian fjords cruise starting from Copenhagen.

Also an American and Canada West coast cruise would be nice from LA to Vancouver.

Very good, I will be 61 years old in 2032 so a very young age Celebrity cruiser in fact ;)

Looks like we'll be meeting up and still not retired :D. Perhaps those itineraries will be in the summer months by then :rolleyes:!

How about a couple of b2b repositioning type cruises...southampton to the US via iceland, newfoundland, quebec, etc

Check out the Crown Princess September 2, 2017. Southampton to NYC via Iceland, Scotland, Newfoundland and Halifax

A shorter Baltic itinerary! Like 8 or 9 days. Many of us Gen X'ers can't get 2 weeks off from work. :)

Just shorter cruises in general.. Baltics, British Isles, Italy, etc. We like to combine a pre and post cruise stay, but don't have unlimited vacation time from work.

Would like an all Italy cruise. Starting (or ending in Venice).. Going down, around, and up Italy. With an overnight in Amalfi. Royal did a cruise similar to this years ago and to this day, I regret not going on it.

Check out the Crown Princess September 2, 2017. Southampton to NYC via Iceland, Scotland, Newfoundland and Halifax

admittedly, that was pretty much my model. We don't enjoy Princess as much as Celebrity but we might just take this interesting cruise since Celebrity doesn't offer it.

I would like New Years Eve in Rio, Royal Caribbean used to do it but quit before I could fit it in the schedule.

Royal Caribbean does an annual TA that stops at Iceland on Serenade and has an additional on Vision next year.

I've seen HA offer Florida round trip European cruises.

Celebrity can't do it all but most of what is on this wish list is available out there.

like others, would love to see X do an Arctic Circle cruise with stops at the Hebrides and Scotland...similar to Viking Ocean. RCCL has one sans Hebrides and Scotland so we'll probably do it June 2018 or 2019.

Retirement sure is fun!! :)

Cheers,

OHP

I've suggested for years that there be an spring eastbound TA followed by a westbound TA followed by another eastbound TA. Why all three? U.S. passengers could round-trip the first two, European passengers could round trip the second two. Everyone wins. Do it again in the fall: westbound-eastbound-westbound.