Bedbugs on Constellation

cruzin.cat

Has anyone returned from Constellation since the 19th May and been bitten by bedbugs? We had cabin 8097 and were badly bitten. I contacted Celebrity but they have failed to respond, I expect they are turning a blind eye to it. If you are in this cabin and these critters get into your case they will be all over your house after you get home. How can Celebrity not take this report seriously?

Were you bitten while on the ship or after returning home?

If there were no bites until you returned home it is very possible that the critters could have been picked up as your luggage was being transported to the airport, or while in the luggage compartment of the airplane or even possibly at a hotel if you had a hotel stay after leaving the ship.

Hope you are able to get rid of these critters quickly.

Were you bitten while on the ship or after returning home?

If there were no bites until you returned home it is very possible that the critters could have been picked up as your luggage was being transported to the airport, or while in the luggage compartment of the airplane or even possibly at a hotel if you had a hotel stay after leaving the ship.

Hope you are able to get rid of these critters quickly.

We were badly bitten in the cabin, new bites every morning. Didn't dawn on us that they were bedbugs until the day we got home when I checked them out. We stored our luggage in the garage in sealed bags until the next day then emptied all our stuff out on the lawn, washed it at high temp and thoroughly cleaned our cases. Thankfully it doesn't look as though we brought them home and no bites or trouble since.

We were badly bitten in the cabin, new bites every morning. Didn't dawn on us that they were bedbugs until the day we got home when I checked them out. We stored our luggage in the garage in sealed bags until the next day then emptied all our stuff out on the lawn, washed it at high temp and thoroughly cleaned our cases. Thankfully it doesn't look as though we brought them home and no bites or trouble since.

Did anyone from X management come and inspect your cabin during the cruise? Additionally, did you discuss the issue with your cabin steward?

Did anyone from X management come and inspect your cabin during the cruise? Additionally, did you discuss the issue with your cabin steward?

Sadly we didn't realise they were bedbug bites until we got home and looked them up so didn't even mention it on the ship, just thought we had been bitten. The bites were synonymous with the description, e.g. hives all in a row.

Did you SEE bedbugs? They are quite visible, if you look!

Stupidly we didn't realise they were bedbugs until we got home and discovered they matched the description. Fortunately I took lots of photos of the bites and sent them to Celebrity but they haven't bothered to respond. It's all over now so personally I am not bothered but just wanted to warn others.

I don't remember the cabin number but I think there was another thread about a month ago with the same issue. Is it still accessible?

There was a thread started on June 6th where someone said they had read about bedbugs on the Constellation and were concerned. After being given a hard time about not believing everything they read on CC and asked to share the source of the reported bedbugs they posted the link to the information. It turns out that they read about the bedbugs in a review written by the OP on May 24th.

Well thanks for reading this thread everyone. I just wanted to make it quite clear that the Constellation does have bedbugs and if it helps anyone then that's great, they can watch out for them. Whilst you shouldn't believe everything you read it always helps to be aware as some posts are in-fact true. Photos in next post

Edited by cruzin.cat

I'm sorry this happened to you....but it would have been SO MUCH better had you at least told your cabin steward that you were being bitten by something.....it is very easy to search for bed bugs and I'm sure the staff is trained to do so......

Hopefully, if it was bed bugs someone from X is reading this thread and taking care of the problem in that room .....

Well thanks for reading this thread everyone. I just wanted to make it quite clear that the Constellation does have bedbugs and if it helps anyone then that's great, they can watch out for them. Whilst you shouldn't believe everything you read it always helps to be aware as some posts are in-fact true. Photos in next post

Where did you cruise? Sand flea and sand fly bites (and regular fleas) also leave welts. It's hard to tell the source from the welts alone. I can't imagine a steward not seeing bed bugs when changing linens. They aren't that small.

Where did you cruise? Sand flea and sand fly bites (and regular fleas) also leave welts. It's hard to tell the source from the welts alone. I can't imagine a steward not seeing bed bugs when changing linens. They aren't that small.

We cruised Venice/Koper/Zadar/Split/Dubrovnik etc, all cities and towns so one wouldn't expect sand fleas/flies.

Bedbugs are secretive critters that can squeeze into teeny weeny crevices so hardly likely to be spotted easily unless you are searching specifically for them. They lurk behind headboards and such.

Anyway, as long as people are aware and can check their cabins then I will at least have done some a favour by posting this thread.

Nothing more to add but thanks guys for looking in and reading my warning.

It happens.even on X. I was on them several years ago, cannot remember which ship. Guy in white space suit goes by with sprayer/cannister. I asked bedbugs? Yes was the honest answer. Saw a whole building tented near me on Biscayne Bay.I worry most about my bags piled 6 deep at airports.

I'm not doubting the OP. It's extremely rare for there to be bed bugs on a ship. I've cruised about 40 times now and have yet to encounter a bed bug, nor have I ever experienced them on land (and I've been in over 200 hotels). I'm sorry this happened to the OP, and thank you for reporting it.

Not sure I agree they are bedbug bites....not saying for certain they are not.

Appreciate the warning........Have you had experiences with them before?

We cruised Venice/Koper/Zadar/Split/Dubrovnik etc, all cities and towns so one wouldn't expect sand fleas/flies.

Bedbugs are secretive critters that can squeeze into teeny weeny crevices so hardly likely to be spotted easily unless you are searching specifically for them. They lurk behind headboards and such.

Anyway, as long as people are aware and can check their cabins then I will at least have done some a favour by posting this thread.

Nothing more to add but thanks guys for looking in and reading my warning.

It happens.even on X. I was on them several years ago, cannot remember which ship. Guy in white space suit goes by with sprayer/cannister. I asked bedbugs? Yes was the honest answer. Saw a whole building tented near me on Biscayne Bay.I worry most about my bags piled 6 deep at airports.

Tenting houses is very common in FL, but not for bedbugs ;)