Printing Multiple Luggage Tags...

kc320

Does anyone know of a way to print multiple luggage tags at one time? I've tried printing one...scanning & saving it to my computer...but when I copy & paste it into a blank document it's about half size...I need 6 of them & don't really want to use 6 full sheets of paper...thanks...

Does anyone know of a way to print multiple luggage tags at one time? I've tried printing one...scanning & saving it to my computer...but when I copy & paste it into a blank document it's about half size...I need 6 of them & don't really want to use 6 full sheets of paper...thanks...

We have always printed them on full sheets.

I just print however many sheets/tags we need.

I always thought you needed to print them on a full sheet in order to fold them appropriately and thus create the strength they need to have. Even then' date=' I usually back them with clear packing tape to reinforce the paper.[/quote']

I have the clear luggage tag holders...so I don't need to fold them...will only be using the center part with my name & cabin # on it...

IIRC, it is a .pdf file, so you either need Adobe software to edit the file, or convert it to a picture file and then edit that. Unless you regular do this sort of editing it is probably easier and overall much faster to print the entire page and cut out the portion you do want.

I have the clear plastic holders too and I just fold the full sheet of paper and place inside. Easiest way to do without having to go into pdf files and play around. Why make more work than needed?

I too use the clear luggage tags, have for years, and still print the entire sheet and fold it accordingly. I think the added rigidity in the plastic sleeve might keep the tag more visible on the suitcase handle as it kinda stays on top vs. dangling down the side of the case.

As another thought if only wanting to print that middle-third of the tag: cut your sheet of copy paper into thirds and hand-feed it into the printer right in the middle third of the manual feed tray. If you're lucky, your printer will have wheels there to take up that slim piece of paper and you'll get just that middle third printed. But it could twist while printing and I also wonder what will 'happen' to the ink/toner that would have been used in the outer third.

I too am a conserver of paper (you should see the 3" pile of 1/6 sheet squares of paper on my desk for scratch paper that I create vs. trashing the mostly unprinted bits!!!) but it's possible you'll use more paper than 6 sheets just trying to edit the PDF or print the middle third.

I usually print 6-8 tags. Not just for suitcases (we only use 2, maybe 3), but for everything else. I put a luggage tag on my purse, backpack, anything that could get separated from me at anytime during the cruise.

I usually print 2, then cut the shape and tape them to a piece of paper. After that, I print as many extras as I think I need, getting two at a time on one piece of paper.

I also use my printer to shrink the tags down to 40-50% of the original size and tape them to my phone, tablet, camera, etc.

How did you receive your cruise documents - electronically or as a hard copy from a TA? If it's hard copy, you should just be able to copy the page on any printer. All the cruise documents I've received in the last several years have been electronic PDF documents. If that's the same with you, if you can open the document you should be able to print it. Just hit the print button (or do "Control+P if you can't find it) and specify which page. If you can't see page numbers, scroll to the luggage tag page, then print 'current page', as many copies as you want.

Another way might be to save the file as a "JPEG" picture when you scan it. You can then print it as you would a photo, doing it as a 'full page' picture.

Edited by Kartgv

How did you receive your cruise documents - electronically or as a hard copy from a TA? If it's hard copy, you should just be able to copy the page on any printer. All the cruise documents I've received in the last several years have been electronic PDF documents. If that's the same with you, if you can open the document you should be able to print it. Just hit the print button (or do "Control+P if you can't find it) and specify which page. If you can't see page numbers, scroll to the luggage tag page, then print 'current page', as many copies as you want.

Another way might be to save the file as a "JPEG" picture when you scan it. You can then print it as you would a photo, doing it as a 'full page' picture.

They came electronically...printing them isn't the problem...I was just trying to figure out a way to print more than 1 per page...think I will take JF-retired RRT's advice & print 2 ...cut out the center and just make color copies of those...good thing I have till Sept....:D

I have the clear luggage tag holders...so I don't need to fold them...will only be using the center part with my name & cabin # on it...

Sure. The luggage tag is a pdf.

You can use something like Adobe Photoshop Bridge, or even

Imagemagick (free) to convert the pdf to an image format

-- like tiff.

You can then import the image into your favorite editing program

and crop and lay up as many as you would like on one sheet.

If you really want to save, you can do the layup with Imagemagick,

but it's pretty geeky and would take some programming skill;

on the other hand, it's free.

You might also be able to use foxit pdf software to edit the pdf.

All of this is a lot of work, for very little return.

You could even print in gray-scale, to save a few more pennies!

Edited by pablo222

Not sure why you'd want to print multiples on the same page or reduce the tag size. It's a .PDF file that's set up so that when folded both sides are visible no matter which way you attach it to your luggage. Just set the number of copies you want to print. Couldn't be easier.

Edited by Pam in CA

I always thought you needed to print them on a full sheet in order to fold them appropriately and thus create the strength they need to have. Even then' date=' I usually back them with clear packing tape to reinforce the paper.[/quote']

You do. Sheets of paper are cheap. I fold them as instructed then I tape them (laminated) to strengthen them even more. I also carry an couple of extras JIC. I punch holes in them and attach with zip ties when we get to the ship. I know of no other way to do it.

IIRC, it is a .pdf file, so you either need Adobe software to edit the file, or convert it to a picture file and then edit that. Unless you regular do this sort of editing it is probably easier and overall much faster to print the entire page and cut out the portion you do want.

Or just fold them.....:D:D:D

Bob

Geez you're worried about 6 pieces of paper.

I don't worry about the paper, its pretty cheap these days. As far as ink, I set the printer settings to "Draft" to save a bunch of ink. As far as getting more than one tag to a sheet of paper, some things are a bigger hassle than they are worth it to do.

Geez you're worried about 6 pieces of paper.

Not worried...but why waste it if there is another way....someone the RCI board had a program to download the luggage tags from the website & be able to print them 4 to a page...but it only works with Royal's tags....was hoping there might be a similar program for Princess...but if not I won't cancel the cruise over 6 pieces of paper...:p:)