New Captains Club Benefit (7/14/16)

Andy

A real perk that would be of interest to me and I'll bet a lot of others would be the creation of another level in the Captain's Club between Elite+ and Zenith. It's a LONG journey from 750 points to 3,000 points! Not much incentive to keep cruising with Celebrity since I'll probably never achieve Zenith.

This other stuff is just marketing fluff and of no interest to me.

I see so much "excitement":rolleyes: regarding new benefit, so I don't think Celebrity will be making a lot of money on this venture, since not that many people actually will use this benefit. I could be wrong - there is one born every minute..;)

Please, either go back to what you do best. How about some "perks" for Elite Plus? Those are simply ridiculous. Thinking about changing our cruises in the future. We have 3 booked with Celebrity but seriously thinking it's time to try someone else. The prices are going crazy and the "perks" for this Go BBB are already some we receive as Elites.

Even our TA has changed some policies. So, changes are coming in this house.

Sad.

Pat C

Pat totally agree with what you have said.

Wikipedia has an article on:

kummelweck

A salty bread roll topped with caraway seeds and often served with thinly sliced roast beef, popular in western New York.

Edited by buddrs

I am expecting no sympathy and prepared to take some hits for what I'm about to say.

I would like to see Celebrity at least maintain the benefits currently advertised for each level. There has been a real reduction of benefits for some levels due to new offers. For example: Elite+ receive a coffee and tea benefit that is now meaningless if one has a Classic Drink Package. Zeniths were promised not only a drink package, but also a good internet package and lunch on turnaround day at Bistro on 5. Bistro on 5 is now Sushi on 5 on some ships and will probably be fleetwide soon. Of course the perks given a a booking benefit are usually imbedded in the cruise price, so those who earned the benefits through their loyalty and past spending are now paying for what they were told was a perk. I believe that when the value of a loyalty perk has been reduced another perk should be substituted. For example Celebrity could give Zeniths the option to dine in Lumanae on a space available basis. I know that some of the people in the loyalty department fought for this, but it was vetoed from the top.

I know Lee who signed the most recent offer and she is doing a fantastic job as an advocate for the Loyalty program.

Hi Everyone,

Hello from Falmouth, Jamaica ! We're having a very nice time onboard Allure of the Seas..... but I've never come across a group of incredibly rude guests. At any rate, I'm not about to let it ruin our cruise.

Just came across this Captains Club Email. IMO, nothing to get excited about, but I hope this is helpful.

Here's the link

Thanks Andy!

I guess it is good to see the Marketing team at Celebrity trying to make something for us happen. Tho the Texas Ranger seat's in the program are not what we would call 'choice'. :D

Celebrity maintains they listen to their clients. I cant imagine anyone asked for this!

The perk is free. You can use it or not. Perhaps more venues will be included. I'm glad theiy're thinking about adding options, even those I'll probably never use.

I was underwhelmed by the announcement. As I was by the glossy brochure which arrived today touting Tuscan on the M class and showing a picture of Tuscan on the S class. Don't those people ever go on their own ships???

I just said the exact same thing about the brochure picture on Tuscan to my husband

I was underwhelmed by the announcement. As I was by the glossy brochure which arrived today touting Tuscan on the M class and showing a picture of Tuscan on the S class. Don't those people ever go on their own ships???

They do but only during the glossed up "CEO Cruises" where everything is made to look like it is all fabulous. Celebrity is losing customers and they know it. Who are they reaching out to? Hipsters who have NO money and would only take a cruise if their fellow hipsters said it is what they should do.

A real perk that would be of interest to me and I'll bet a lot of others would be the creation of another level in the Captain's Club between Elite+ and Zenith. It's a LONG journey from 750 points to 3,000 points! Not much incentive to keep cruising with Celebrity since I'll probably never achieve Zenith.

This other stuff is just marketing fluff and of no interest to me.

We have no interest in this so-called "benefit" either.

But as you point out, another Captain's Club level above Elite+ would really be welcome.

It has been requested repeatedly and is long overdue.

People had even suggested naming it Zen, for half of Zenith.

Meanwhile, tempting offers from other cruise lines and land vacation resorts keep arriving almost daily.

As Celebrity continues to couple higher cruise prices with cutbacks in services and amenities, they reward their loyal, long time customers with absolutely no additional loyalty incentives whatsoever that are within reach -- zilch, nada, nothing!

(except for the few who have reached the doorstep to Zenith and can see the light at the end of the tunnel). ;)

It makes no sense:

-- 300 points to reach Elite, where you get some really desirable perks

-- Then 450 points more to reach Elite+, where you get a few nice additional perks, although not nearly as good as what you got at Elite for the first 300 points

-- but then after that you get nothing more at all unless you accumulate yet another 2,250 points ???? :eek:

That is not very nice at all, and even insulting in a way, the implication being:

OK, we have those people hooked, so we don't need to give them anything more -- unless they ever get to Zenith, which is unlikely to happen.

Edited by varoo

Thanks Andy!

I guess it is good to see the Marketing team at Celebrity trying to make something for us happen. Tho the Texas Ranger seat's in the program are not what we would call 'choice'. :D

They are choice. It's just the venues choice not yours.:D

We have no interest in this so-called "benefit" either.

But as you point out, another Captain's Club level above Elite+ would really be welcome.

It has been requested repeatedly and is long overdue.

What they should have done is make this new "perk" only available to Elite + and above. Then the lower level Elites would have something to look forward to.

It would be nice if performances were available at a discount in ports of call.. throughout the world were Celebrity cruises. This may conflict with their organized tour concession however.

No interest to us...we don't live in one of the major cities where they have events and aren't going to drive over an hour to any of the events. Funny, our city is a major arts center...lots of $'s and folks who cruise...but I guess Celebrity doesn't know that Tampa doesn't serve the entire west coast of Florida.

it's surely another financial link up where celebrity gets a cut of ticket sales.....perfumed to look like a wonderful benefit. Ah yes...the green eyeshades......soon Celebrity will be offering a drug plan or maybe auto insurance.

Thanks CruisingChick. I'm absolutely loving the sandwiches. Got talked into the Windjammer Buffet for lunch today. Shouldn't have listened to my family ! Oh well. Still a few more days of Kummelweck ahead :)

Kummelweck yummmm! pack one for me please:D;)