Children in the Diamond Lounge?

No, Pinnacle level does not get passed down to children. Only to "significant others".

How significant does the other have to be? I would think that children are very significant (at least to their parents).

Edited by Cuizer2

No, Pinnacle level does not get passed down to children. Only to "significant others".

OK, so a woman becomes the SO of a PC member, she had enough points to be Diamond in her own right ;) . The PC passes on to the big cruise ship in the sky a few months later. Does the SO retain PC status?

OK, so a woman becomes the SO of a PC member, she had enough points to be Diamond in her own right ;) . The PC passes on to the big cruise ship in the sky a few months later. Does the SO retain PC status?

What if someone turns 21 during the cruise and decides to celebrate by having his/her first drink. Then the ship crosses the International Date Line. Will they take the drink away from him/her? :confused:

How significant does the other have to be? I would think that children are very significant (at least to their parents).

There can only be one SO, and they have to have the same residence address and they cannot be relatives (other than spouses). At least that's what C&A has told me.

Edited by clarea

3 drink coupons on your sea pass card for any bar

I'm going with you;)

Don't have a clue why any child would want to be in any of the lounges with absolutely nothing to do when they could be in many more appealing child friendly venues. But, whatever floats their boat...as long as they realize people won't be changing their behavior just because their child is in there.:rolleyes:

Only until the second cruise after the passing of the PC member when the IT department finally catches up.

I'm going with you;)

Don't have a clue why any child would want to be in any of the lounges with absolutely nothing to do when they could be in many more appealing child friendly venues. But, whatever floats their boat...as long as they realize people won't be changing their behavior just because their child is in there.:rolleyes:

Plenty of kids out there who like hanging out in that sort of environment. My son loves a quiet concierge type of lounge. Makes him feel grownup. I remember the same feeling as a kid when my mom would take us to places like that.

But adults aren't going to change behaviors...I thought people are supposed to be calm and quiet and respectable in the lounge? Because now you've put an image of yelling and cursing and strip poker into my head.

Disney, the Ultimate family cruise line, from my understanding provides adult only bars and restaurants, why can't Royal do the same?? I have nothing against kids, I have several myself and 11 grandchildren and love them all, but would like an adult only option.

Palo and Remy are extra-fee venues. They aren't a place you get to visit simply based on status. And the nightclubs allow kids up to a certain hour of the day, which I think is the same as many nightclub/Bar areas on royal.

I don't think there are any places on Disney ships that are age-restricted based on status.

Someone mentioned wanting to discuss sensitive topics in the lounge. My gosh I don't want to hear about your sensitive topics either!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few years ago on the Freedom my wife and I were in the Diamond Lounge and some very annoying older lady insisted we didn't belong there, and how did we get in, so much so she was making a scene. We were mid 30's at the time and earned our way to Diamond thank you very much. Some people have such a sense of entitlement, it is very very annoying.

I'm going with you;)

We've brought our girls into the Concierge Lounge on a couple of cruises when we were in suites. We call it the "Princess Room" and they have to behave like princesses. They love it because they can get some fruit and the little desserts and order a Shirley Temple. We only bring them in there for the 30 minutes before dinner and return without the kids afterwards.

They'd get restless, as most kids would, if they were in there for hours at a time.

Just got off Freedom back to back.Children allowed and in letter in cabin"Due to adult oriented atmosphere and availability of alcoholic beverages in the evening,guest under 21 must be well behaved and accompanied by and adult at all times during cocktail hours 430-800 pm daily." Bob

Now sailing on one of the Royal ships in the Med, they say that RCCL changed their policy on allowing children under 18 in the Diamond Lounge as long as they are with an adult. Maybe we've missed something. In the concierge lounge the same, first night there were more children than adults😉

I'm only guessing it may have to do with who's on duty. We were on the Allure last May and were not able to bring our 12-year old granddaughter into the lounge. We have seen children in the lounge on other ships.

I'm only guessing it may have to do with who's on duty. We were on the Allure last May and were not able to bring our 12-year old granddaughter into the lounge. We have seen children in the lounge on other ships.

The letter from the Concierge explains the rules for that weeks sailing. It often varies.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Only until the second cruise after the passing of the PC member when the IT department finally catches up.

You're giving them too much credit.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My uncle works in Royal Caribbean's IT department (he is the one in black looking at the camera) and sent me this group picture which they are using on their Christmas cards ...

tech-support-monkeys_zpsiqppwuqa.jpg

Edited by Cuizer2

My uncle works in Royal Caribbean's IT department (he is the one in black looking at the camera) and sent me this group picture which they are using on their Christmas cards ...

tech-support-monkeys_zpsiqppwuqa.jpg

Some familiar faces in that crowd. Thanks for the laugh. [emoji1]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Because now you've put an image of yelling and cursing and strip poker into my head.

I have never been witness to THAT kind of behavior in 23 cruises now. Nor did I imply such. I meant there probably would be no deference to a child's presence, nor should there be. The lounge and it's cocktail hours were designed for drinking adults.

And I couldn't have gotten my kids to go in there at all back in the day, they wanted to be with their peers doing things they enjoy, course that's been a long time ago. Personally, I wouldn't have wanted them in there anyway. It's nice to have a special place to go to visit with just adults, but...I understand there are some who don't feel that way. So there you go...like I said, whatever floats your boat.:cool:

What if someone turns 21 during the cruise and decides to celebrate by having his/her first drink. Then the ship crosses the International Date Line. Will they take the drink away from him/her? :confused:

Rccl policy is you have to be 21 or older when boarding the ship from US port upon embarkation. I believe sailing from non US ports would have different age restrictions.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Rccl policy is you have to be 21 or older when boarding the ship from US port upon embarkation. I believe sailing from non US ports would have different age restrictions.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I do not see anywhere where it states that you have to be 21 when boarding to be eligible to drink.

My DN turned 21 in the middle of our cruise and was allowed to order a drink at 12:01 am on here Birthday.

ALCOHOL POLICY

con_bulletgray_ico.gif Effective immediatly on all sailings, the minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on all Royal Caribbean International is as follows.

con_bulletgray_ico.gif The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean International ships on sailings originating in North America is twenty-one (21).

con_bulletgray_ico.gif The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean International ships on sailings from South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is eighteen (18). The minimum age to consume alcohol at all private destinations remains twenty-one (21) without regard to where the sailing originated. The Company retains the right, on rare occasions, to raise the minimum age of alcohol consumption on any sailing when local laws require or permit such a modification. con_bulletgray_ico.gif Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports of call or from onboard shops will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Royal Caribbean's Guest Conduct Policy may be enforced, up to and including disembarkation, if a guest violates any alcohol policy. Guests under the age of 21 will not have alcohol returned to them.

con_bulletgray_ico.gifGuests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy.