Military OBC

runner15km

Served 6 years in Army National Guard with a total of 126 days of active duty. Will I be eligible for OBC ? Any Guardsmen receive OBC for their service ?

Below is the Princess statement defining the eligibility requirements.

Eligibility includes active military, retired military and disable military veterans with proper verification as outlined below.

Please ensure that documentation provided has the Social Security Number crossed out.

•Active personnel currently serving in the following service divisions:

i - United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard or Reserves with a copy of a military verification certificate confirming active duty status available for free online at https://kb.defense.gov/.

ii - Canadian National Defense -- NDI 20 -- Canadian Forces Identification Card

•Retired Personnel defined as A) enlisted personnel or officers with a minimum of 20 years of service, B) medically retired, or C) 100% disabled. Proper identification for United States is DD214, WD AGO (War Department Adjunct General Form) or NAVPERS (Naval Personnel Discharge Form). For Canadians, NDI 75 - Record of Service Identification Card or CF 75 or cert ificate of discharge; is used.

•Veterans with an Honorable Discharge serving a minimum of 2 years or 6 months in an active war zone in any of the United States service divisions listed above or in the Canadian National Defense. Proper identification in the form of a DD 214, plus a current photo ID is required. For Canadians, Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) Health Identification Card is used.

Since the Princess requirements don't differentiate between "active" and "inactive" service I would think that you do qualify. The best way to find out is to send in the form and your DD-214. Then see if the credit shows up under the "Payment and credits" tab on the cruise personalizer. Let us know the outcome.

Unless you were called to active duty and not performing active duty for training there is no DD214 issued. A DD214 is an active duty document

IF no DD214 then send in NGB-22 (national guard) or 22a (air national guard)

Thanks, I have a DD214 and NGB-22. Will send in right after final payment.:)

Good for you. Enjoy the benefit. I really enjoy it since we take a number of longer cruises and the $250.00 is real nice.....:):):)

Bob

We all owe Princess a big thanks for recognizing our service to our country and giving us a nice OBC. Once established it has appeared on all my reservations and is very nice.

Absolutely! It's one of the many reasons why Princess is usually our top choice for our best overall cruise experience.

Absolutely! It's one of the many reasons why Princess is usually our top choice for our best overall cruise experience.

The same with us. Princess is our cruise line of choice and the Military OBC is make it one of the reasons.

• 3 weeks later...
I want to give you feedback. I faxed both forms into Princess on 8/10 and today 8/12 OBC is in the shipboard folio. Thanks.:)

That's great but it appears that you're in the UK & will have to apply each time.

Princess UK should update their computers because once a veteran, always a veteran and they're wasting their resources & would save money by not requiring you to reapply each time by noting your eligibility in your Captain's Circle account. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

We all owe Princess a big thanks for recognizing our service to our country and giving us a nice OBC. Once established it has appeared on all my reservations and is very nice.

Yes! Ours gets spent the first day, we always buy a wine package.:p