Off topic from fashion.......

Lois R

Lois, I apologize for turning this into a Sherry thread but she helped you so much with dealing with your situation. Just wanted to give another update.

On Thurs. Sherry was posting on Facebook but by Fri. her kidneys were failing and nothing would help. At that time, they thought she only had weeks rather than months like originally thought.

She was sleeping most of the time and very disoriented. She did not know that John had spent hours with her. So rather than weeks, it ended up being only a few days. In a way, that was a blessing that she didn't linger, especially for John since that is the worst having to watch her slipping away.

He does regret that he was not sitting beside her when she left. I hope he doesn't "beat himself up" for that. He had been her rock throughout this whole ordeal. There have been men who did not honor the "in sickness....".

Again, Lois, I apologize but ladies wanted to know, and hoped, that it was peaceful for Sherry.

Fly with the angels, Sherry, fly.

Lois, I apologize for turning this into a Sherry thread but she helped you so much with dealing with your situation. Just wanted to give another update.

On Thurs. Sherry was posting on Facebook but by Fri. her kidneys were failing and nothing would help. At that time, they thought she only had weeks rather than months like originally thought.

She was sleeping most of the time and very disoriented. She did not know that John had spent hours with her. So rather than weeks, it ended up being only a few days. In a way, that was a blessing that she didn't linger, especially for John since that is the worst having to watch her slipping away.

He does regret that he was not sitting beside her when she left. I hope he doesn't "beat himself up" for that. He had been her rock throughout this whole ordeal. There have been men who did not honor the "in sickness....".

Again, Lois, I apologize but ladies wanted to know, and hoped, that it was peaceful for Sherry.

Fly with the angels, Sherry, fly.

No need to apologize...truely......I am glad you posted and thank you for

the update....please tell John she was loved and I agree, I hope he doesn't

get guilt ridden.......I am sure somehow she knew he was with her.

Another one of us taken by that stupid, stupid, stupid disease. It makes me grateful for what I have and reminds me to enjoy every moment. It also makes me appreciate every one of you who post here.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Lois, are you around? I've been wondering how you were making out in the storm and hoping you didn't have any problems.

Sherry's funeral is Sun. so maybe we can all pause for a moment of silence in rememberance. Offer up a prayer, if one is so inclined, for her family that they have the strength to deal with their loss.

Hi...I am here and thankfully made it through Matthew without any

problems:)

We did have a lot of damage around the city but all my stuff and my place

are AOK:)

Hi, Lois, glad to hear that you didn't suffer any major damage in the hurricane. :) I'm also happy for you that your treatment seems to be going so well!

Debbie

Hi, Lois, glad to hear that you didn't suffer any major damage in the hurricane. :) I'm also happy for you that your treatment seems to be going so well!

Debbie

Hi Debbie, thanks so much:)

I can pass on condolences to her husband from the fashion ladies.

Just got back home and saw these posts, RIP Sherilyn, my thoughts and prayers at with her family, she was the lovely classy lady.

God Bless

Cori

Thanks for passing this on.

So glad to hear you made it through the storm unscathed Lois. My house in Viera (Melbourne/Rockledge area) was fine too, and my father also made out fine down in Vero Beach. My brother and sister-in-law however, who live in Vero Beach near our dad, but was on vacation in the Outer Banks when the storm came, left their vacation home on the barrier island and sought safety at a hotel which ironically, actually got flooded in and they were literally trapped without power in the hotel surrounded by water for several days before they could get out. They are finally on their way back to Vero Beach today though!

Happy that all the Floridians on here made it safely through the hurricane. I feel sorry for all the Matthews out there as their name is now attached to a horrible deadly storm. I empathize - ever heard of Super Storm Sandy? Uh-huh.

Lois, take care and here's hoping your PF is gone now and your meds are working well. I know it was shocking at first but now it's your new life, something to get used to. Stay strong! :o

Hi Sandy and Bonnie:)

This weekend my sister and I are going on our cruise:)......flying to

Boston on Saturday and sailing on Sunday......it has been a long few

months for both of us so this cruise should be fun:)

Lois - I hope you and your sister have a wonderful time on your cruise ---- fall colors are wonderful here --- enjoy! Jan

You and your sister should have a fun-tastic time! It's the perfect time of year for a New England itinerary! It will be beautiful! I have sailed on Serenade a couple of times too, and had a lovely experience. She is a very pretty ship.

I will be flying on Saturday too! But from Philly to Ft. Lauderdale (with my mother-in-law) and we board Allure of the Seas on Sunday!

Here's wishing all of us blue skies and smooth water! :D

This weekend my sister and I are going on our cruise......flying to Boston on Saturday and sailing on Sunday......it has been a long few months for both of us so this cruise should be fun

Bon Voyage - have a great time with your sister.

We are exactly 2 weeks from departure for Barcelona for our second T-A. The excitement mounts!

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Gerry