Who's your favourite Royal Caribbean Captain?

Any captain who gets me there safely!

Seriously, most of the "favorites" are based on personality and interaction with the passengers. More important though is the ability to make correct decisions in face of potential danger. When that becomes the prime factor, few if any of us, have the information to make a rational decision.

Well said!

Not to demean your post at all, but I bet post #7 would be the "Who cares, it doesn't matter" :D

Other than a quick hello in passing, my only memorable interaction with a Captain was Jewel in 2012 and I now forget even his name. It was our first time in Costa Maya and even though we were the first ship in port that day, the Harbormaster told us to dock at the open ocean facing side of the pier. When he did so, the waves were so high the ships gangway was getting flooded. We pulled away and were told it was going to be a sea day, but later in the Welcome back party the captain said he asked to take the inside position on the pier as he had on his last 5 visits. It was reported that this was Disney (Wonder or Magic)'s first visit to the port and they specifically asked for that spot. Our Captain told us, he pointed out the other ship was much bigger and not due till 3pm that day so the Disney Captain would have to grow a pair and take the outer spot. That would have been my first missed port, so glad it wasn't. For that reason Captain What's his name is my favorite.

I'll never forget that!!:) (except for his name,because I don't remember either)

*************EDIT....a little research and I found out it was Stig Nilsen

Edited by PH8

I'll never forget that!!:) (except for his name,because I don't remember either)

Thanks for that update, now I'll remember it! On another note, what was a great roll call and part of why I join the roll calls. That was our first cruise from Tampa, our first cruise we drove to, our first Radiance cruise, and our first cruise to Costa Maya. For a 5 day cruise, that was a great roll call.

Some more info about Captain Stig Nilsen can be found here:

http://gaassten.no/about_captain.html

http://www.morningsong.no/crew.html

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Mine is the former Anthem Captain...whatever his name is...because I too work in an industry that gets unfair and inaccurate criticism, so I know how he feels.

I believe you are referring to Captain Claus - definitely one of the best.

I believe you are referring to Captain Claus - definitely one of the best.

Lovely man Capt Claus.

we were on Anthem early on and were having a really interesting Bridge tour..and all of a sudden Capt Claus walked up and started explaining all the amazing technology that ship has. His pride and love for the ship shone through...such a nice man.

we hope he comes back soon...

jean & graham

Some more info about Captain Stig Nilsen can be found here:

http://gaassten.no/about_captain.html

http://www.morningsong.no/crew.html

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much! Now that I see his face, I remember him also from my Pinnacle cruise....super nice guy.. His son was on board for vacation. Very nice young man.

Wow:confused: I think if you gave me a million dollars, I couldn't come up with just one captain's name I'd remember. I guess I could look back on all of the cruise compass' but????? I just know I've made it through almost 30 cruises and they've gotten me home and safe; that's good enough for me. :)

Edited by Surfguyxxx

Wow:confused: I think if you gave me a million dollars, I couldn't come up with just one captain's name I'd remember. I guess I could look back on all of the cruise compass' but????? I just know I've made it through almost 30 cruises and they've gotten me home and safe; that's good enough for me. :)

..........Oh I agree 100%. To me it's like if my Uber driver gets me there in one piece I am thankful......I don't have to build an alter to worship him / her for "doing their job".....;)

We have two favorites:

Captain Trym Selvag...sailed with him on Radiance & Oasis

Captain Patrik Dahlgren...sailed with him on Liberty (he took the cupcake decorating class with us...such a nice guy).

There's lots of talk about CD's, but never about captains. So, to everyone who has cruised more than once, who's your favourite RCI captain?

Mine's is Captain Johnny. Hope he's on Harmony early July next year.

Capt. Olaf was my favorite till he retired. Nobody can touch him!

Second fav is Capt Rick Sullivan.