Does Platinum & Elite Have Free Cocktails Each Evening?

IsanTom

On most evenings, a lounge is reserved for about 2 hours for the "exclusive use" of Platinum and Elite [and full suite] guests to enjoy an assortment of appetizers and a limited variety of mixed drinks at reduced prices. On Celebrity we get our free drinks, not on Princess.

When you board, an invitation will be in your stateroom to let you know the days this will be offered and the location.The appetizers vary each evening' no events of formal nights.

DH first discovered "Chairman of the Board" one evening and now requests this martini at local restaurants.

Darcy

Edited by WatchHill

I'd also like to know that[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm on the Golden Princess Sydney-Melbourne, 11-14 November, so will be at the Melbourne hotel with Internet access, and can post the details of the PES function, if held!

I am alreadycommitted to meeting friends for lunch on the Monday, and I prefer to have the laptop plugged into the power point when using the Internet, the display is clearer for my limited eyesight.

HTH.

In 14 weeks time, I will be home, and you will have sailed! Enjoy your cruise!

The two hour cocktail party every evening is very nice. Each night has a different appetizer served (chips and salsa/guacamole...steak tartar...sushi...they always have cheese and crackers). There is a list of "special" drinks for the week...you can order any of those drinks, any night of the cruise, during the cocktail hour, for $5 each. I believe some of the drinks are: Margarita, Port Wine, Chairman of the Board, and Cosmopolitan. I believe there are a few others but I can't remember right now. You'll enjoy it!

Here's the schedule and drinks list from earlier this year

IMG_0474_zpsrr5cd1yr.jpg

There was a guy in Skywalkers the first night who started shouting at the waiters complaining that 'they are free on Royal Caribbean so why should I pay for them? I refuse to pay' and then still went through the list asking which ones were free.

Edited by SwissDave

Let me make it perfectly clear, the cocktails at the PEL are not free. They have one drink at a reduced price and free snacks.

On our recent Diamond cruise, there were multiple drinks at the reduced priced. See the menu image posted above.

Some ships would allow all 8 drinks to be reduced.

Other ships were adamant about discounting only the featured drink of the day.

This is our experience. As with all things Princess, the only consistent thing is inconsistency. ;)

Let me make it perfectly clear, the cocktails at the PEL are not free. They have one drink at a reduced price and free snacks.

On our recent (last 2 years) cruises on the Royal Princess (2 cruises) and the Ruby Princess (2 cruises) we have been able to order any of the 'special of the day" drinks any day of the cruise and pay the reduced price. I have heard of other ships enforcing the 'only today's special drink' is reduced price so OP may not know in advance how his ship handles it but ordering what you want off the special drink menu is worth a try!

The only free ones are at the Capt repeater party & they're pretty lousy. If you go, order a glass of wine. At least you know what you'll be getting.
You don't have to accept one of the lousy, watered-down, pre-made drinks the servers carry on their trays. You can order exactly what you want. I have always been able to get my favorite dirty martini.

Rick

The only free ones are at the Capt repeater party & they're pretty lousy. If you go, order a glass of wine. At least you know what you'll be getting.

You don't have to accept one of the lousy, watered-down, pre-made drinks the servers carry on their trays. You can order exactly what you want. I have always been able to get my favorite dirty martini.

Rick

This is true, you can get a custom drink. It might take a while though. ;)

But with all this said, don't forget that if you are Elite you get a mini-bar set-up in your cabin for free.

By looking at that menu posted they didn't have a specific "drink of the day". We too have been on ships that only do the one drink and others who let you have any of the drinks for $5.00

Rick

Not only that, but there a few new drinks they served at our last trip that were made with cranberry juice and I tried one instead of ordering from the bar. It was so bad that I couldn't get myself to finish it. Not because of no alcohol but it was just plain nasty.

This is true, you can get a custom drink. It might take a while though. ;)

First of all arrive as early as possible & try tipping the guy something after the first round & they'll arrive a lot faster. ;)

We've never been to the elite venue but might try it out on our upcoming cruise. I'm a wine drinker - dry white. I order this whenever we have the captain's party. This is the only venue that I know of where the drinks are free along with the snacks.

What is a deal though is Happy Hour. Buy one drink and get the same drink for $1.

Either wine or a specific drink. The ones on the tray are "interesting" to be sure. I asked for Gin & Tonic instead and they were happy to bring it. I had a second one during the "event" and that was plenty for me.

The last one was on a 7 day southbound after a land tour in Alaska. There were so many blue card holders that they combined the Captain's Circle event with the Most Traveled Passenger event and we all fit in Explorer's with plenty of room. I won the drawing for a "phabulous" bottle of "champagne". I'm thinking this is the only time we will ever be at the Most Traveled Passenger event. :)

Edited by Thrak

Are you allowed to carry in drinks to the PES evening event? If I pour a glass of wine in my cabin, can I take it in to the PES and enjoy it with whatever noshes that have that evening?

Are you allowed to carry in drinks to the PES evening event? If I pour a glass of wine in my cabin, can I take it in to the PES and enjoy it with whatever noshes that have that evening?

I've seen it done several times.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We often do just that & then head back to the cabin for a refill to take to dinner.

Technically speaking, no. If you bring on wine, it's supposed to be consumed in your cabin and not in public spaces. I have brought iced tea from the Lido when I did not feel like drinking something alcoholic.