I just got bumped?!

That's kind of what it feels like. I asked them to move us into the two available smaller ATS suites that accommodate 4 people each (the 2 Bedroom ATS we got bumped out of held 8) and the rep refused unless we paid the difference which was huge. The only other thing besides the downgrade they offered was to book us the following week in a slightly smaller ATS on the Oasis.

When I had an issue with a booking that I had made with Royal and they tried to make me pay for an upgrade or accept a downgrade at prevailing rate I emailed the following addresses all together and got a call from a resolutions MANAGER the same day who fixed things to my satisfaction.

reservationroyal2@rccl.com,

RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com,

Jvilchez@rccl.com,

mbayley@rccl.com

AGoldstein@rccl.com

Crownandanchor@rccl.com

ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com

When I had an issue with a booking that I had made with Royal and they tried to make me pay for an upgrade or accept a downgrade at prevailing rate I emailed the following addresses all together and got a call from a resolutions MANAGER the same day who fixed things to my satisfaction.

Jvilchez@rccl.com,

mbayley@rccl.com

AGoldstein@rccl.com

Crownandanchor@rccl.com

ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com

So true--and I would include a link to this thread to show them the "free publicity" they are getting on Cruise Critic.

We were bumped off the May 21st, 2017 Allure sailing. No one at RC can or is willing to explain how we got double booked. The RC agents we have spoken with just tell us it is virtually impossible, have never had it happen before, and won't tell us when the other party who supposedly had the room "first", booked it.

I should go get a lottery ticket then, because it happened to me. lol

You may want to ask if you can change the booking to Harmony with OBC to make up the difference in transportation costs. Or go with the Royal Loft Suite or 2 of the Suites on 17 with Star Class benefits which would work since the

Genie is already up on 17.

This is highly disappointing for sure. You are paying alot of money for this room and it seems they do not want to fix their mistake to your satisfaction.

Jvilchez@rccl.com,

mbayley@rccl.com

AGoldstein@rccl.com

Crownandanchor@rccl.com

ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com

Thanks all for the suggestions...just sent an email to all of the above. Will update this thread with their response.

So true--and I would include a link to this thread to show them the "free publicity" they are getting on Cruise Critic.

I hope it works out for OP. I got all of those addresses from various threads here when people posted that they had trouble and who they reached out to when things were not handled fairly.

A downgrade would be unacceptable to me.

I agree with others. Negotiate!

Got "bumped" from a JS on a Liberty sailing a few years ago for the same reason - a "double booking". Don't know how that happens but we were happy with the GS upgrade and OBC that was offered and without having to negotiate.

Good luck!

I've never experienced anything like this, I've never cruised in a suite, I have a hard enough time justifying the extra money for a balcony so we never get those either. We only sleep in our rooms.

I have moved cabins though via my choice. Friends ended up coming with us and there were no cabins where we were but a bunch where they were. So we called the TA and they got us moved into the same catagory one deck up and on the other side of the ship. Painless right?

Not so much.

We always get cupcakes delivered to the room on the first day, pre-book them, $14. Yummy. That was moved by the TA also along with the OBC

First day cupcakes no showed, went to guest services, no record of cupcakes for room we were in, showed them paper work for the cupcakes that we paid for, it listed the old room number obviously. We explained the situation showed them more paper work with the room switch. At this point we figured we might want to check on OBC too, yeah, it was missing too. The OBC got taken care of as we were standing there and we left with a promise that cupcakes would be in our room that evening or tomorrow morning.

We stopped at guest services every day trying to find our wayward cupcakes, we never did, it was only $14 so we wrote it off as a loss and hoped whomever got our old cabin enjoyed the cupcakes.

Cupcakes are nothing like the potential benefits you are giving up, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if you ended up spending a lot of time at guest services, and what fun is that? It really didn't effect us, we would only stop if there was no line, and made a bit of a game out of it.

It sound like something "special" will be happening to get you all the perks by switching to a different suite type, Miami I'm sure will promise you it will be no issue, but there may very well be no way to make those promises come true.

I've never experienced anything like this, I've never cruised in a suite, I have a hard enough time justifying the extra money for a balcony so we never get those either. We only sleep in our rooms.

I have moved cabins though via my choice. Friends ended up coming with us and there were no cabins where we were but a bunch where they were. So we called the TA and they got us moved into the same catagory one deck up and on the other side of the ship. Painless right?

Not so much.

We always get cupcakes delivered to the room on the first day, pre-book them, $14. Yummy. That was moved by the TA also along with the OBC

First day cupcakes no showed, went to guest services, no record of cupcakes for room we were in, showed them paper work for the cupcakes that we paid for, it listed the old room number obviously. We explained the situation showed them more paper work with the room switch. At this point we figured we might want to check on OBC too, yeah, it was missing too. The OBC got taken care of as we were standing there and we left with a promise that cupcakes would be in our room that evening or tomorrow morning.

We stopped at guest services every day trying to find our wayward cupcakes, we never did, it was only $14 so we wrote it off as a loss and hoped whomever got our old cabin enjoyed the cupcakes.

Cupcakes are nothing like the potential benefits you are giving up, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if you ended up spending a lot of time at guest services, and what fun is that? It really didn't effect us, we would only stop if there was no line, and made a bit of a game out of it.

It sound like something "special" will be happening to get you all the perks by switching to a different suite type, Miami I'm sure will promise you it will be no issue, but there may very well be no way to make those promises come true.

If you want to read about the worst case of this happening read my post about the issues we had on our last cruise. It was like some sort of TV comedy script. http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2240640

I would never swap rooms after booking again. good luck to op getting it sorted

If you want to read about the worst case of this happening read my post about the issues we had on our last cruise. It was like some sort of TV comedy script. http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2240640

I would never swap rooms after booking again. good luck to op getting it sorted

I can not imagine what I would have done given your experience. Just glad you enjoyed your land vacation after.

You booked "last week" and someone just noticed the double booking and called you today :confused::confused:

Once I booked Freedom 4 months before the cruise and when we arrived to Freedom, they discovered it was double booked. We waited awhile as they figure it out and was upgraded to a JR suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Update:

So, yesterday received a call from Tiffany who went over alternative dates for rebooking. She said there was another 2 bedroom Aquatheater Suite available on Allure on July 2nd. Same ship, same itin, same type of suite...I said "great, I'll take it". She then said she would call me back to confirm. Well, got a call back this morning and she said they wouldn't do it after all. Since the sail date is a few weeks later in the summer than the date they bumped us from (when prices are higher), they weren't willing to eat the difference. I asked her if there was some additional amount we could pay to narrow the difference or adding 2 additional guests to the room and paying their portion and she said she'll get back to me. Waiting for next call back.

Update #2

Tiffany and RCCL came through! They reconsidered and gave us the A1 ATS for July 2nd. No extra charge. Very happy about this and the entire family is super excited!

Woo hoo! Enjoy your cruise. Persistence pays off.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Goes to show how well things can work out if you remain calm even when disappointed and provide reasonable counter proposals.

Congratulations on your ability to reach a good resolution. Enjoy your cruise and what looks like a fantastic stateroom.

Glad it worked out for you. It's the least they could have done! You sounded too nice to them :D

Don't think I would have considering they inconvenienced you. Good you didn't book your air yet.

Enjoy your cruise!

Update #2

Tiffany and RCCL came through! They reconsidered and gave us the A1 ATS for July 2nd. No extra charge. Very happy about this and the entire family is super excited!

Yay!! I'm so glad they were able to work that out for you.