New Princess 3 for Free Sale starts 9/1

MCC retired

I hope these prices are correct. A balcony cabin on the cruise I'm considering began at $2599 last week, but currently is showing $2699. This chart puts it back at $2599. I wonder why Princess would raise the fares for one week between promotions. Wouldn't everyone just rebook next week?

Because when they post the promotion, they can say it's $100 off. A very common trick in retail. If you watch the prices leading up to major sales (like Black Friday in the US or Boxing Day in Canada), the prices will climb just before the sale and the after sale price is the same or not much better than the regular price throughout the year. Some exceptions apply.

I have a deposit on a cruise which will fall under this sale. I plan to call Princess on Tuesday and switch to this deal. If I am reading it right the cabin I booked ,which is IC ,can be upgraded to IA at no extra cost. Am I right about that?

Edited by Nan_Sea

I'm hoping the fares are decent (read better) once the 3-for-free promo goes into effect. I want to book a cruise for Fall 2017, and didn't want to do it while the S&S was the promo, as we don't find that to be a good benefit for the little we drink.

We don't drink, so I opted for the $300 OBC, which I thought was a good deal.

I have a deposit on a cruise which will fall under this sale. I plan to call Princess on Tuesday and switch to this deal. If I am reading it right the cabin I booked ,which is IC ,can be upgraded to IA at no extra cost. Am I right about that?

Based on the terms & conditions previously posted, the way I read it you could pay for the cheapest category of inside cabin and get an IA cabin if it's available: "applies to booking the stateroom location you wish to sail in for the price of the lowest category within that stateroom type during this promotion only".

It is not listed on the web page with the deals....am I missing something?

Never mind, I went to the sailing I was interested in and saw it :D

If you look up individual cruises you're interested in (within the booking period), the 3 for Free shows up.

Jim

If you look up individual cruises you're interested in (within the booking period), the 3 for Free shows up.

Jim

:D Yes, that is exactly what happened, and I was able to confirm the fare IS reduced compared to when we booked and lower than it was last week. PLUS the OBC and the free gratuities:D:D:D

Our round-trip LA to Alaska cruise for April 2018 is not included in the 3 for free sale and it was not included in the sip and sail sale either. A different cruise to Alaska that leaves the same day and visits Alaska and other ports was included in both sales. Go figure. I wonder why? :(

Possibly because it's a one-off cruise. Only other LA RT Alaska cruise is on Carnival in Sept '17.

Sounds like a win-win-win.

Jim

I am especially excited because for the last 3-4 cruises we have been in family suites on Royal Caribbean, and so we NEVER EVER were able to get any price reductions or special deals because those rooms always got sold out.

Before that, I guess I just didn't know enough to keep checking ;), or it never worked out for some other reason. First time I have ever been able to take advantage of a deal.

Thanks to "MCC retired" for posting information about the latest sales event. I was able to lower the price of my B2B cruise ($120 less per cruise) and also take advantage of the OBC and free gratuities. You have made my day! :)

This is more about navigating the Princess website than about the sale, but we are trying to book a 3 for free cruise for next fall. My question is, how do you apply a future cruise deposit instead of the required $100 deposit?

There used to be an option to select an FCD, but I can no longer find that option under the payment part of the booking.

We each have one remaining FCD (purchased last year) so I think we should be able to apply those to secure this new booking but confused on how to do it. Do I have to call Princess to have them do this for us?

Thanks

Don

This is more about navigating the Princess website than about the sale, but we are trying to book a 3 for free cruise for next fall. My question is, how do you apply a future cruise deposit instead of the required $100 deposit?

There used to be an option to select an FCD, but I can no longer find that option under the payment part of the booking.

We each have one remaining FCD (purchased last year) so I think we should be able to apply those to secure this new booking but confused on how to do it. Do I have to call Princess to have them do this for us?

Thanks

Don

Two weeks ago we booked online for the first time and the option to use the FCD showed up on the page automatically. I am assuming you are signed in to Princess when you attempt to make the booking. They have to know who you are to show you your available FCDs. Try again and see what happens.

By the way that same booking is included in the 3 For Free Sale so we were able to call and get it applied to this cruise. Worked out great!

Glad I read CC to find out about this deal last week. I booked a Scandinavian cruise under sip and sail and got 0 deals out of it but it is a cruise we want to do so we kept it. Today I rebooked for a better room and just saved us $1600. And got OBC which I didn't get with S&S, Gratuities for 2 of us (none with S&S), and a deposit of $200 instead of $300. That $1600 can no go to upgrades on our flights. WooHoo!

Now I'm ready to book! I was going to book a few months ago under the Free Gratuities promotion, but it included reduced $100 deposit that was non refundable and I didn't want to lose that if a better promotion came along. The Sip and Sale didn't entice me because I'm not booking a balcony or better. But this one is looking great.

We're planning a 15 day Hawaii RT from Vancouver in April 2018 on Star Princess. My wife and myself in an Oceanview, and my adult daughter and MIL in an Inside.

Stateroom Location Upgrade - doesn't matter since I was already planning on the lowest priced cabins. Not much to choose from when we want the two cabins close to each other and prices didn't change either way for the cabins.

Free Gratuities - $194.25 savings

Free OBC - $300 per cabin

So really, it's a 2 For Free for me, but with a reduced $100 deposit that doesn't have the "non-refundable" tag, this is the Free Gratuities promotion that I wanted with bonus OBC! The reduced deposit didn't come up in the promotion page, but on the Princess site when I was going through the steps to get the prices.

Two weeks ago we booked online for the first time and the option to use the FCD showed up on the page automatically. I am assuming you are signed in to Princess when you attempt to make the booking. They have to know who you are to show you your available FCDs. Try again and see what happens.

It doesn't always show the FCD. I've had to call Princess the last 2 times I booked a cruise, because the website wanted me to pay the deposit. It refused to show the FCD.

Just rebooked Hawaii cruises for both December of 2017 and March of 2018 under the 3 For Free. the Hawaii cruises, IMHO, are one of the only really good deals of the sale. I was disappointed in the pricing of all the Royal and Regal caribbean cruises under the sale, so did not yet book any of those for 2017 or 2018.

Ellie

I just got off the phone with Princess. I had them reprice our 10 day Med cruise. We had the S&S promo. The new cabin price saved us $860. However, we lost $200 from our ship board credit. But, the 3-For provided us with free gratuities valued at $259, Bottom line, a net savings of $919 with the 3 For Free Promotion. Happy Camper!

Thanks to the Cruise Critics posters for the early heads up.