New Princess 3 for Free Sale starts 9/1

MCC retired

Interesting that the prices for the cruises we've booked and ones that I've been watching are exactly the same as those displayed on the chart that I found last week. Apparently there is no longer the $100 discount for previous cruisers which I've confirmed by not logging in and checking the price which is the same as I get when logged in. The message about "...you may qualify for lower pricing..." when you're not logged in and search for a cruise is gone now too. Not sure if it is just this sale or a new policy for Princess - I sure hope the latter isn't the case!

P.S. I'm glad others are finding deals!

Edited by azbirdmom

Interesting that the prices for the cruises we've booked and ones that I've been watching are exactly the same as those displayed on the chart that I found last week. Apparently there is no longer the $100 discount for previous cruisers which I've confirmed by not logging in and checking the price which is the same as I get when logged in. The message about "...you may qualify for lower pricing..." when you're not logged in and search for a cruise is gone now too. Not sure if it is just this sale or a new policy for Princess - I sure hope the latter isn't the case!

P.S. I'm glad others are finding deals!

I noticed the same thing & apparently the past passenger discount is no longer available with promotions (I rarely find a lower price for cruises we're interested in sailing so I don't call them a sale ;)).

Our 15-day Spanish Passage cruise in October 2017 increased in price by $50/pp for the cheapest category of inside cabin with 3 for Free but that is now upgraded to an IA sideways inside midship cabin. Being on the Royal, if there is a complimentary upgrade that would be to a balcony cabin. Or if it's like our 3 other long Royal/Regal cruises we accepted a reasonably priced upsell from inside to a deluxe balcony.

The terms & conditions for cabin category upgrades within type states that "Upgrade offer excludes select categories, including but not limited to premium categories and suites". Our IA cabin is excluded on our cruise however it's only $20/pp more and is still less than before 3 for Free.

The preliminary T&C stated that the OBC was based on cruise length & cabin booked. However the final T&C states it's only based on the length of the cruise & for our cruise the OBC is $300/cabin for all cabins.

And with the promotion giving us $300 of OBC and nearly $400 for free gratuities this is the rare occasion that a Princess promotion is a sale for us. :D And without the deposit being nonrefundable, nontransferable we have time to check for a better net price. That probably won't happen until after final payment but it doesn't hurt to track prices. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Currently on hold to refare existing booking but can't find any info regarding deposit. Is it refundable under this promo?

My TA just booked our cruise & the deposit is refundable and the terms of the promotion do not state it's NR.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks - just refared! Savings of $200 plus $300 OBC and pre-paid gratuities!

We re-fared our 14 day cruise for a total saving of $722.60. Saved $60 on the cabin, $362.60 on prepaid gratuities & $300 on board credit. Best 10 minutes we have spent on the phone :D ! Thanks to MCC RETIRED for the advanced info.

I never saw the $100 deposit in the terms & conditions but my booking confirmation states "REDUCED DEPOSIT: Only $100 per guest". That's good for anyone who doesn't have a $100 FCD to use but we used one of ours to get the $75/pp. OBC.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Here's a link to a brochure & price chart for valid cruises but don't see any for the South Pacific.

https://book.princess.com/BookingSystem/goToUrl.do?srcURL=marketing/pc/promotional/promotions/index.jsp

There are 2 under "Hawaii". We're booked on one and saved $45 of the base fare plus the grats and extra OBC.

There are 2 under "Hawaii". We're booked on one and saved $45 of the base fare plus the grats and extra OBC.

Thanks...good to know! I printed out the list but it's such small print that a magnifying glass is necessary for me to more easily read it. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

I never saw the $100 deposit in the terms & conditions but my booking confirmation states "REDUCED DEPOSIT: Only $100 per guest". That's good for anyone who doesn't have a $100 FCD to use but we used one of ours to get the $75/pp. OBC.

That took me by surprise. I was expecting to pay 10% since I had no FCC's available.

Did not work for us...Balcony on Alaska Cruise in August 2017. $300 fare reduction plus tips is nice, but it's not close to the cost of the Sip and Sail if we purchased separately. Could not get the cabin cost reduction without losing sip and sail. So sad!

Well after looking at it we decided to add a day to our cruise tour so we could spend 3 days in Denali and 2 in Talkeetna...Same cruise though. Price stayed exactly the same as we had, but we now have an extra day. We lost the Sip and Sail, but gained the tips and credit AND an extra day in ALASKA!! What could be better:D
They wouldn't let us use the obstructed view as a price for a regular ov so it was not worth it. We kept our balcony...OV to balcony ws only $900 more even with the new promo.
We are pretty happy. Edited by buzymom3