Will Majestic Princess have the same kids food?

luv2gonow

Hi,

I booked the 4/9 Majestic sailing out of Rome.

I know it is geared to Chinese market.

Will they still have the same crappy American hamburger, hotdogs and chicken fingers at the buffet? My daughter is the worst eater. I am looking forward to trying lots of new foods but my daughter will not.

Also are the balcony rooms and beds same size as on sister ships?

Thanks

Kerri

Hi,

Will they still have the same crappy American hamburger, hotdogs and chicken fingers at the buffet? My daughter is the worst eater. I am looking forward to trying lots of new foods but my daughter will not.

Thanks

Kerri

Hello Luv2,

It is highly likely that Princess will have a cabin very similar to the Regal and Royal. They are sister ships of the same class. As for the buffet, I see that you have not sailed a Princess Royal class ship yet. I think that you will be pleasantly surprised by the quality and various offerings in the buffet. Expect a typical Princess western menu with Asian offerings each day and each meal in the Horizon Court. Should your daughter prefer those burgers, dogs, brats, pizza and chicken fingers, Princess does an acceptable job with those.

If you enjoyed your previous cruises, expect to enjoy this one too.

Hello Luv2,

It is highly likely that Princess will have a cabin very similar to the Regal and Royal. They are sister ships of the same class. As for the buffet, I see that you have not sailed a Princess Royal class ship yet. I think that you will be pleasantly surprised by the quality and various offerings in the buffet. Expect a typical Princess western menu with Asian offerings each day and each meal in the Horizon Court. Should your daughter prefer those burgers, dogs, brats, pizza and chicken fingers, Princess does an acceptable job with those.

If you enjoyed your previous cruises, expect to enjoy this one too.

I totally agree with you :)

Tony

Hi,

Thanks

Kerri

Burgers, dogs, brats, grilled chicken, fries, veggie burgers, are grilled to order at the Trident Grill by the Lido Pool and are not served in the buffet. They are pretty good, we often have them for lunch and sometimes the evening meal. They are not as you describe. The Royal & Regal Buffets are the best in the fleet and Princess has modified and re-named the buffet area for the Asian market. Princess has described the Majesty's buffet area as follows:

"To top it off, there will also be a wide selection of all-day gastronomy in the World Fresh Marketplace (Horizon Court buffet on other ships), where guests can taste flavors from diverse food stations around the world ranging from Mediterranean dishes, a pasta specialty counter, colorful farmer’s market salads and fresh fruits and a new “East Meets West” street food specialty counter. The Bakery inside the World Fresh Marketplace will serve Western, European and Asian pastries and Danishes."

In addition you will have Alfredo's, The International Cafe, Prego Pizza as other no charge selections.

In addition to the Crown Grill the Majesty will have two new specialty restaurants:

"Two new specialty restaurants will be introduced onboard Majestic Princess. They include:

• Harmony, created in partnership with Chef Richard Chen formerly of Wynn Las Vegas “Wing Lei” (the first Chinese restaurant in North America awarded a Michelin star). Harmony will feature haute Chinese cuisine paired with pristine ocean views and modern décor, serving Chef Chen’s interpretation of classic Cantonese dishes.

• Le Bistrot, located in the lively atrium, offers casual French home-style dining with a modern twist. Harkening back to an authentic Parisian bistrot, guests will enjoy traditional Escargots Casseroles, Braised Ox Tongue and Mushroom Ragout, along with baquettes, tartines, tourtes and French Patisseries."

Since the ship has the same overall design and structure as the Royal and Regal, I would think that the cabins would be the same sizes. If you look at the deck plans you can see that they appear to be the same size. The bedding is probably the newest bedding being rolled out to all Princess ships./COLOR]

Have a nice cruise. I'm sure each of you will find food selections that fit your taste.

Edited by sknight

Hi,

Thanks

Kerri

From your signature, it appears this may be your first Princess cruise. The items you listed are from the Kid's menu in the dining room. Those items are not typically in the buffet but may be available if you ask. As others have posted, the buffet on the Royal class ships is far superior with many food options. On the Majestic the buffet will be called World Fresh Marketplace and the video shows areas with the flags of China, Japan, Spain, Italy, Greece, France and Brazil so there should be a wide variety offered. As for your DD, her choices may be limited because the Trident Grill offering burgers, hot dogs, brats and grilled chicken and Prego Pizza with pizza by the slice have been replaced by a noodle bar and a lobster grill.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

Thanks

Kerri

It will be like the Regal/Royal.

It will be like the Regal/Royal.

Not so much...

As for your DD, her choices may be limited because the

Trident Grill offering burgers, hot dogs, brats and grilled chicken and Prego Pizza with pizza by the slice

have been replaced by a noodle bar and a lobster grill.

:cool:

Maybe she will like some of the items on the kids menu in the main dining room. Granddaughters love the fettucine Alfredo, and they will bring chicken to put on it. The chicken fingers in the MDR are very good. They also have very good fruit cocktail and ice cream sundaes for dessert.

No pizza on board at all???

It may be until we get a Live report back from the Majestic Princess on whether the buffet has some sort of replacement food stations for the lost burger and pizza pool deck venues, but until then we do know that Alfredo's on Fiesta Deck 6 in the Piazza is there.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckimages/org/www.cruisedeckplans.com-deckplan.php-ship=Majestic-Princess.png

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

It may be until we get a Live report back from the Majestic Princess on whether the buffet has some sort of replacement food stations for the lost burger and pizza pool deck venues, but until then we do know that Alfredo's on Fiesta Deck 6 in the Piazza is there.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckimages/org/www.cruisedeckplans.com-deckplan.php-ship=Majestic-Princess.png

:D

Thank you, now I am wondering if I did indeed read this a couple of weeks ago. Old age is setting in!!

Hi,

Thanks

Kerri

Do to the fact that this is a new ship and new market that nobody has sailed yet It looks as if quite a few things are changing.

Everything is a guess at this point.

From your signature, it appears this may be your first Princess cruise. The items you listed are from the Kid's menu in the dining room. Those items are not typically in the buffet but may be available if you ask. As others have posted, the buffet on the Royal class ships is far superior with many food options. On the Majestic the buffet will be called World Fresh Marketplace and the video shows areas with the flags of China, Japan, Spain, Italy, Greece, France and Brazil so there should be a wide variety offered. As for your DD, her choices may be limited because the Trident Grill offering burgers, hot dogs, brats and grilled chicken and Prego Pizza with pizza by the slice have been replaced by a noodle bar and a lobster grill.

Wanted to update my post. Found some posts about the Lobster Grill on the Sapphire and it shared space with the Trident Grill. When the $20 lobster dinner was being served there was nothing else available but otherwise there were the same Trident Grill options. Most of the time the burgers, dogs, brats, and grilled chicken may be available but who knows for sure.

Edited by IECalCruiser

There are some very different things on the Majestic Princess from the Royal/Regal. I just watched the new video yesterday. There are several differences in dining options. Shops are going to be much higher end. This is for a different market. The cabins seem similar. After seeing the video I'm now thinking I may want to cruise on her before she goes to China. I wonder about how languages will be handled once the ship is in China.

To the OP, I'm thinking there will likely be many of our normal food options during the European voyages, but it's hard to speculate what will happen once the ship is in China. It looks like the buffet will have food choices from many countries.

Here's the new video:

Edited by KruzPrincess

Thanks everyone. I'm just gonna have to pray there will be something.

Definately nervous about no grill for her to go to but she won't starve!

There is always bread!

Hopefully at least room service will have fries and a burger.

At least she eats steak and they have a pasta station so she can have pasta and butter.

Thanks

Kerri