No access to the Diamond lounge for diamond members

We have been on 2 Trans Atlantic's where there were a huge number of D, D+ and even though there was a large evening event in the Lotus Lounge (on Mariner) with drinks and snacks, we were still able to access the Diamond lounge any time we wanted.

Yes this was also my experience on other ships of Royal Caribbean. But on this transatlantic on the Serenade of the Seas, this is not the case.

Or your concierge. That is what I do. They always pull up the list on the

computer and give me the numbers break down of Ds, D+, and Pinnacles.

It is always fun to know how many are on each ship.

They used to announce those numbers at the upper tier get together,

but we have not experienced them doing that any longer for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...
Or your concierge. That is what I do. They always pull up the list on the

computer and give me the numbers break down of Ds, D+, and Pinnacles.

It is always fun to know how many are on each ship.

They used to announce those numbers at the upper tier get together,

but we have not experienced them doing that any longer for some reason.

They did just that on the Serenade repo from Copenhagen to Boston. Captain Tor mentioned that the number of guests who were Platinum or higher C&A members totaled somewhere around 1600, of which 29 were Pinnacle Club, 300+ Diamond Plus, and 500+ Diamond members. The number of members who reached a milestone on this cruise was an extremely lengthy list and each member reaching a milestone had a picture taken with the Captain and the Staff captain.

On the Anthem Aug. 25, 2016 sail the Captain mentioned that more than half the Pax were C&A members with a ton of Gold-Emeralds, 500+ Ds, 53 D+ & 13 Pinnacles. The D lounge was always packed and we our drinks at the bar in the Music Hall.

They did just that on the Serenade repo from Copenhagen to Boston. Captain Tor mentioned that the number of guests who were Platinum or higher C&A members totaled somewhere around 1600, of which 29 were Pinnacle Club, 300+ Diamond Plus, and 500+ Diamond members. The number of members who reached a milestone on this cruise was an extremely lengthy list and each member reaching a milestone had a picture taken with the Captain and the Staff captain.

Good to hear they're recognizing milestones on Serenade. We were onboard when friends achieved Pinnacle. Not one officer was at the Top Tier party where they received their stratum. Achieving Pinnacle is a huge achievement and should be properly recognized.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

We are Diamond Plus, and the free specialty coffee has to be one of my DH's very favorite perks - ranks equal to free alcohol for him. He would be very disappointed if he did not have access to free cappuccino and espresso - either in the lounge or at a coffee venue on board. Different strokes for different folks - what is unimportant to one is the best perk ever to another!.

We are Diamond Plus, and the free specialty coffee has to be one of my DH's very favorite perks - ranks equal to free alcohol for him. He would be very disappointed if he did not have access to free cappuccino and espresso - either in the lounge or at a coffee venue on board. Different strokes for different folks - what is unimportant to one is the best perk ever to another!.

Funny you should mention that. Our onboard cappuccino machine is intermittently broken and limping along for a couple of brews. There are no guarantees.

Edited by travelgoddess1

Is it only the DL that you can get cappuccino or is there other places that have it?

It depends on the ship. On Oasis/Allure you can get them at the Cafe Promenade and the Vitality Cafe as well as Starbucks. Voyager and Freedom class ships have it in the Cafe Promenade. Radiance class ships in Latitude's.

The past couple of cruises that we have been on when the machine was down in the Diamond Lounge all we had to do was show our seapass at one of the other venues to get a coffee. That was on Navigator and Oasis.

For use during Happy Hours only ?

Correct.

The 3 vouchers can be used only during the free cocktail period in the lounge, which is normally 5pm to 8:30pm when traditional early dinner is 6pm. The vouchers can be used in any bar and the theater, but not in any restaurants. The vouchers can only be used for the same types of drinks that are available in the lounge. The vouchers cannot be accumulated, unused vouchers expire each evening.

Wow...that makes a LOT of sense! :) Wonder if the extremely heavy C&A 10/11 night

Serenade cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale this winter will do the same? We had over 800

D's and above last February on our 10 night. Both the CL and the DL (even with opening

the overflow door into the VCL) were very crowded. I would love to see the Safari lounge

on D,D+,and P heavy cruises utilized for cocktail hour! :)

I would not. We are just off the Serenade TA and were disappointed that the Safari Lounge wasn't open for dancing or other activities until after 8:00pm. By closing off two major venues (the D+ lounge overflowed into the Vortex) and having bad weather on a North Atlantic crossing, they held more activities into the Centrum, which is loud and annoying when one is passing through or trying to enjoy a glass of wine at Vintages. That impacts all of the Platinum, Emerald, Gold and new passengers.

If daytime crowding isn't an issue (I've never seen it), then IMO a better solution on crowded sailings would be to allow access to the DL or CL as ones C&A rank dictates until the cocktail hour. After that, D's drink off their coupons (add a couple of drinks to, say, 5), D+ get the DL/Vortex and PC get the CL/SL. Give D+/PC coupons to relieve overcrowding.

I would not. We are just off the Serenade TA and were disappointed that the Safari Lounge wasn't open for dancing or other activities until after 8:00pm. By closing off two major venues (the D+ lounge overflowed into the Vortex) and having bad weather on a North Atlantic crossing, they held more activities into the Centrum, which is loud and annoying when one is passing through or trying to enjoy a glass of wine at Vintages. That impacts all of the Platinum, Emerald, Gold and new passengers.

If daytime crowding isn't an issue (I've never seen it), then IMO a better solution on crowded sailings would be to allow access to the DL or CL as ones C&A rank dictates until the cocktail hour. After that, D's drink off their coupons (add a couple of drinks to, say, 5), D+ get the DL/Vortex and PC get the CL/SL. Give D+/PC coupons to relieve overcrowding.

With the recent summer of double points, I see a lot more D, D+, and P in the near future. Maybe it is time for the new P+.

The complimentary cappuccinos are in the CL and DL. You can pay for cappuccino at Lattitude's here on Radiance, or Starbucks and other locations on other ships.

On Serenade, when the coffee machine in the Concierge Club was broken, we could get a cappuccino in the Diamond lounge or alternatively, in Cafe Lattetudes (complimentary - by showing our seapass cards).

Edited by negc

With the recent summer of double points, I see a lot more D, D+, and P in the near future. Maybe it is time for the new P+.

Doubt there was or will be a significant jump for any tier. The promo was pretty narrow. Only on the Oasis and Allure. So that would be only 16 sailings per ship times the number of eligible suites. Factor in first time and lower tier RCI cruisers and it is doubtful there will be a lot more D,D+ and PC as a result of the promo. Nothing like the previous Diamonds in December events that extended to all ships and cabins.

May 1 — August 31, 2016. One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra 3 Cruise Points per night when you purchase and sail in Royal Suite Class accommodations (Star, Sky and Sea tier suites).

Edited by looking4info