Live From The Caribbean Princess Iceland & Norway Explorer September 5, 2016

Woobstr112G

An update on our engine issues is there is no update. We are still anchored near the Shetland Islands. They have tested the engines a couple of times but pretty much silence since then. At 1300 local time, the Captain told us we'd probably be here for two to three hours. It's now been 4 1/2 hours with no further updates from the bridge. As another poster on a separate thread mentioned, I also have complete confidence in the Captain and crew. I'm sure decisions made will obviously be with maintaining passenger and crew safety as the most important issues.

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

1830 hours. Captain just announced they are running further tests to check on issues. He stated further announcements would be made later. That's all I got.....

Bob

Nice Going Bob! You really broke it this time. :)

I also have complete confidence in the Captain and crew. I'm sure decisions made will obviously be with maintaining passenger and crew safety as the most important issues.

Bob

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxn0bZx0W_ImaVbeDLt1J4aypMbEz8sTYkko1GIOh4rqA7HY4f

We're getting underway.....:):):)

Bob

Good news Bob! :D

You may not have fair seas ahead but now that the ship has propulsion it's back to enjoying a great cruise to Iceland.

Edited by Astro Flyer

A late good evening from the Caribbean Princess. After a multi hour mechanical related delay we finally left our anchorage from Lerwick Scotland and are sailing to our first Iceland port of call Akureyri. I am sure glad the engine/propulsion issues were solved because I would hate to have to end the cruise early. Back to normal cruise mode for me. I’m really looking forward to the sea day tomorrow. Sea days are what I really enjoy. I’m planning on hitting the gym, working on my pictures, and whatever else comes to mind.

Today’s entertainment was as follows.

Muts offerings included a genesis concert at 1730 and the movie “All the Way” at 1900 and 2130.

The Piazza had Piano Melodies by Krzysztof Jankowski at 1700, Evening String Melodies with the Elegy Duo at 1800 and 1945.

The Wheelhouse bar hosted Piano and Vocal entertainer Jonathan Carter at 1845 and 2115, Ballroom Dancing with DJ Kev White at 1945, Guitar and Vocal entertainer Alvaro Rios at 2030 and 2215 to closing.

Crooners hosted Piano and Cocktails with Krzysztof Jankowski at 1900 and 2030, and Singer and Piano Entertainer John Randall from 2115 onwards.

Showtime in the Princess Theater was the Movie “All the Way” at 1900 and 2130.

Hope all are well…..

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

A late good evening from the Caribbean Princess. After a multi hour mechanical related delay we finally left our anchorage from Lerwick Scotland and are sailing to our first Iceland port of call Akureyri. I am sure glad the engine/propulsion issues were solved because I would hate to have to end the cruise early. Back to normal cruise mode for me. I’m really looking forward to the sea day tomorrow. Sea days are what I really enjoy. I’m planning on hitting the gym, working on my pictures, and whatever else comes to mind.

Today’s entertainment was as follows.

Muts offerings included a genesis concert at 1730 and the movie “All the Way” at 1900 and 2130.

The Piazza had Piano Melodies by Krzysztof Jankowski at 1700, Evening String Melodies with the Elegy Duo at 1800 and 1945.

The Wheelhouse bar hosted Piano and Vocal entertainer Jonathan Carter at 1845 and 2115, Ballroom Dancing with DJ Kev White at 1945, Guitar and Vocal entertainer Alvaro Rios at 2030 and 2215 to closing.

Crooners hosted Piano and Cocktails with Krzysztof Jankowski at 1900 and 2030, and Singer and Piano Entertainer John Randall from 2115 onwards.

Showtime in the Princess Theater was the Movie “All the Way” at 1900 and 2130.

Hope all are well…..

Bob

Bob, really happy the engine/propulsions matters were taken care of and your back on track with your cruise. Also, thanks for updating us on the entertainment. My wife and I are looking forward to boarding the Caribbean Princess in New York on September 22 for our Canada/New England cruise. Keep those engines humming! :)

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

29521590581_b5a35c8b2d.jpg

A late good morning from the Caribbean Princess as we sail towards Akureyri Iceland. Seas are a bit rough at the moment with partly cloudy skies and a little noticeable wind. Today is a somewhat restful day at sea for most onboard. I'm doing a little laundry at the moment. Got a little late start to doing it so I had to walk a few decks before I found an open washer/dryer. I know I get free laundry, but there are some things we don't like to send out.

Prior to doing the laundry, I enjoyed Sabatini's for breakfast. Service and the food were excellent. After the laundry is done, I will be headed to the gym. After that I'll be playing it by ear.

Take Care All.....:):):)

Bob

Hi enjoying reading about your time on CB. We are traveling in Jan/Feb 2017 on CB in an aft suite. We were wondering, are the new beds and linens in the suites? We see that it says in the website it is April; however, saw a few comments here that the new beds were in the rooms.

You have us thinking about our cruise, which is a long way out.

Hi enjoying reading about your time on CB. We are traveling in Jan/Feb 2017 on CB in an aft suite. We were wondering, are the new beds and linens in the suites? We see that it says in the website it is April; however, saw a few comments here that the new beds were in the rooms.

You have us thinking about our cruise, which is a long way out.

I'm not sure. I will ask our cabin steward and let you know.....:):):)

Bob