Doing 1 speciality dining restaurant on Equinox, what would you pick?

mikeysed

Does Murano's have any vegetarian selections?

yes...all celebrity restaurants handle vegetarian very well....the MDR and Blu actually have vegetarian menus if you ask for them. Not sure if murano has a separate menu, but I'm sure they have offerings.

We second this! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:D

We had a group of 12 go in 2014, and 23 last Nov.

We did dine in Tuscan 2x, the beef Tartar is one of the best appetizer's we have had. And 2x in Murano.

Silk is just that tad different, oh, the good is outstanding too.

Agreed top appetizer. Alas, a couple of weeks ago Tuscan Grille on Connie debuted a new menu which no longer includes this and a number of other dishes. Don't know when, or if, new menus will com to other ships.

Question: Tuscan Grill, Murano, Qsine, Silk Harvest are the names, I believe of specialty restaurants on all Solstice Class ships. Comments provided seemed to be in response to the OP's question regarding Celebrity Equinox. Would these comments apply also to all the same name restaurants on all Solstice Class ships or is there a difference, let's say between Murano on Equinox versus Murano on Solstice etc?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Tuscan Grill and Murano are on all Solstice class ships; Silk Harvest is only on Equinox and Solstice (replaced by Qsine on other S class ships).

As for differences, the menu is the same, however, I'm sure there are subtle differences based on who the chef is on any given cruise. However, I am sure that Celebrity tries its hardest to standardize the presentation as much as possible.

Tuscan Grill and Murano are on all Solstice class ships; Silk Harvest is only on Equinox and Solstice (replaced by Qsine on other S class ships).

As for differences, the menu is the same, however, I'm sure there are subtle differences based on who the chef is on any given cruise. However, I am sure that Celebrity tries its hardest to standardize the presentation as much as possible.

Thank you very much for the information! Really appreciated,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had the new menu on our Equinox cruise in August and Tuscan has gone down in my estimation the favorites of mine were no longer available. Unfortunately I did not take a picture of new menu but it seemed to focus more on pasta, I had chicken on our first visit which I did not like, I like chicken alot but not on this occasion and also had polenta coated chips which were in fact just like cheese filled potato croquets. We did give Tuscan a further try and the second meal, fish was better but still not as good as before. So for the equinox I would probably choose Muranos.

Now that you have received subjective responses for all three restaurants, are you any further along than when you first posted?:)

Thanks for the question. I am now leaning towards Murano.

Edited by mikeysed

Considering where you live in North NJ, there's no way the Tuscan can even hold a candle to any of the wonderful restos in your area. You would be greatly disappointed.

I guess I would suggest Murano and order the Dover sole.

I will vote for Dover sole.

• 1 year later...

You have already gotten a barrage of answers with difference preferences. Not sure it's very helpful when all is said and done as they all are very nice. Our preference in the group is definitely Tuscan Grille. Not big Murano fans ourselves (although the chocolate soufflé dessert is to die for). Silk Harvest is good, but IMHO more of a chance to eat Asian food than necessary food that is more 'special' than what is in the free restaurants.

Old thread... some restaurants have changed..

On EQ if Silk Harvest is offered we'd pick that for a nice fun dinner.. EQ is the only ship with Silk Harvest, we like the variety, quality of menu choices, and excellent service..fairly casual.

Q sine is quirky, our least favorite..one and done..The ordering process

was way too long and gimmicky, food was good but not one cohesive meal......difficult just for 2 people portion wise, Possibly being phased out gradually with trials of Petit Chef--use search feature for recent posts.

New Tuscan menu is Ok...have done it sev times.. it is on most ships, and ok for a mid level experience of dining out. Coffee there is excellent!

For a special celebration Murano is the best..very upscale but plan to spend most of the evening..,