Helpful tips from Regal cruisers?

ponstad

We have never sailed on a Princess cruise, and have one coming up on the Regal in November. Noticed there was a thread about helpful tips for the Coral Princess - am wondering if experienced Regal cruisers would please share their tips and suggestions!

Thanks in advance.

We have never sailed on a Princess cruise, and have one coming up on the Regal in November. Noticed there was a thread about helpful tips for the Coral Princess - am wondering if experienced Regal cruisers would please share their tips and suggestions!

Thanks in advance.

Central elevators can get really jammed! When going to dinner, we usually find a stairway to go down(or up)to bypass the crowds. The Piazza is the heart of the ship. Lots of activities going on there. Really thought the pizza rest. was pretty lame. I'm used to top notch pizza & didn't get it there(but still far better than Pizza hut)Book time in the Sanctuary(soon as you board, it fills quickly)Great place to relax. Loungers are $20 a half day. Make sure you SEE the lounger & it's location. You can both Broil & be blown away at the same time. We prefer shade & less wind. Try Crown Grill/Sabatini's Decent, but NOT excellent steaks(unless you love "Long Horn")Great Ambience, however. Have a drink at the Crooners bar & sit & people watch. Great fun. Do the Movies Under the Stars(Mutts)On the top deck. You'll see the screen so it's easy to find. Grab a bag of popcorn & grab a lounger early. Many chair hogs here. Do stand your ground! Chair hogs DON'T own the loungers, though they feel they do! Overall..have fun. Do try the Bahama beach break at Princess Cays.

Actually, Alfredo's is pretty good. Try the small eggplant. The Mongolian BBQ in the buffet is excellent. Held usually once during cruise. Many people like the Crab Pot, sea food buffet which is extra. There is an adults only pool area just before the a Sanctuary. Free and with its own bar. Second seating of MUTS is usually pretty empty as it can be quite chilly. Blankets provided. TV in room can be paused so you can start a movie and come back later and finish. There are happy hours twice daily: 3-4, 11-12. BOGO$1. Been on Regal five times, twice TA, with 3 more scheduled. Love the ship and the crew is great.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Can anyone tell me how many electrical plugs are available in balcony room on Regal? Sometimes I need to plug in two tablets and a phone to charge.
There are two 120V U.S. outlets at the desk and they are several feet apart. There is also one 240V European outlet. Only one item can be plugged into each outlet. We bring one of these to charge all of our electronics that use USB chargers. They also have cheaper models that have fewer ports. We need this model because we bring two iPhones, two iPads, two Apple watches, two Bose noise cancelling headphones and a Kindle and we can charge all at once if we wish.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-10-Port-Charger-Multi-Port-PowerPort/dp/B00YRYS4T4/ref=sr_1_33?ie=UTF8&qid=1472789415&sr=8-33-spons&keywords=anker&psc=1

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

Un plug you are on vacation.

You are right!!! I'm sure I won't be using them very often. Not buying an internet package. Just really need my phone charged so I can use it in port to text my dog sitter. Lol. And I'm sure I will use Princess @ sea.

Actually, Alfredo's is pretty good. Try the small eggplant. The Mongolian BBQ in the buffet is excellent. Held usually once during cruise. Many people like the Crab Pot, sea food buffet which is extra. There is an adults only pool area just before the a Sanctuary. Free and with its own bar. Second seating of MUTS is usually pretty empty as it can be quite chilly. Blankets provided. TV in room can be paused so you can start a movie and come back later and finish. There are happy hours twice daily: 3-4, 11-12. BOGO$1. Been on Regal five times, twice TA, with 3 more scheduled. Love the ship and the crew is great.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Is the Happy Hour at all the bars? Thanks

Stay away from the center elevators during busy times, use the forward and aft ones.

Alfredo's, is open from 11am to 11pm, no charge waiter served. It serves nice individual pizzas, calzone, salads, antipasto, dessert. give it a try. Pizza by the slice is available next to the Lido Pool.

The buffet area is very extensive. Scope out the entire place to get a feeling. It is a nice alternative for any meal.

Read the Princess Patter each day for activities. Note that some activities listed are really just "sales" talks and not worth going. We plan our dining around our evening activities and shows and not the other way around.

There are shows in both the Theater and the Vista Lounge. Mid evening production shows starting in the 8:00/8:30 time frame are the most crowded. You have to arrive at least 30 mins. early. Comic shows in the Vista tend to also get crowded.

I enjoy sitting on the Horizon Terrace, aft, for breakfast and sometimes lunch.

Muster drill is held inside. Carry don't wear your life jacket to the drill. Your muster station is shown on the life jacket and on the back of your cabin door.

Is the Happy Hour at all the bars? Thanks

Nope. Happy Hour is generally 3-4pm in Wheelhouse Bar, then 11pm-12am in Club 6. Some sailings the nighttime happy hour is brought forward a bit to 10:30-11:30pm, depends on sailing and cruise director.

You can get virtually any drink under Buy one Get One for $1 during happy hour. Lots of people use it as a chance to stock up on bottled water or soda or unopened beers - no problem at all. Enjoy.

The daily afternoon BOGO$ on my Regal cruise was at Crooner's & the location is listed in the Patter. Even without the Patter it's easy to find the Happy Hour bar by the crowds. ;)

Here are some of my tips for things that are only available on the Royal & Regal.

Winemakers Dinner: A wonderful meal & wine pairing for $40/pp. served in the Symphony & Concerto Wine Cellars. Like the Chef's Table participation is limited & is only offered once or twice per week & is limited to 10 people for each dinner. The Michael Mondavi menu is most popular & is the one used on our three Winemakers Dinners.

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/wine_makers_menu_2-oct-13_without_price.pdf

Alfredo's Pizzeria: The expanded multi course meal offers more selections than just pizza.

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/rp-alfredos_pizzeria-23-may-13.pdf

Gelato's: Great ice cream treats including sundaes for $3.50 or a coffee card punch. For the same price on sea day afternoons we could get freshly made crepes.

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/m_gelato.pdf

Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar: They have a seafood menu that has a fee but the Crab Margarita for $6 was well worth the cost to me.

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/cr201_ocean_terrace.pdf

Horizon Court buffet: As others have posted it's the best buffet at sea & they've replaced the coffee from concentrate machines with coffee machines that use ground coffee to produce free filtered coffee. My taste buds say that it's a big improvement over coffee from concentrate & resulted in fewer trips to the International Cafe. The covered outdoor Horizon Terrace aft of the HC is a good spot to enjoy a meal & also has padded wicker couches & chairs to relax & watch the wake view.

Cabin entertainment system: The wall mounted 40" flat panel TV screen is good & the entertainment system includes free on demand movies & TV shows, recorded shipboard activities and informative videos created by Princess using professors who provide history & other port information.

Gym: Not being located over passenger cabins like on other ships, it was always available to use.

Pub Lunch: Even though this isn't unique to the Royal & Regal, it's a good option that's free & offered on some sea days.

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/pub_lunch-15-april-14_v1.pdf

Edited by Astro Flyer

If they are showing something on MUTS that you really want to see and you don't make it (or weather messes you up), they usually add that movie to those available to view in your cabin within the next 48 hours. We did really enjoy being able to stop the movie and resume, since we're usually watching while we get ready to leave the cabin and can catch the end when we return and get ready for bed :D

There is a coffee bar in the buffet area (with the baked goods), one outside Princess Live on the promenade deck, as well as the one in the Piazza. Sometimes the line at the Piazza can be rather long and there is no one waiting at the other two! Plus we've found the poor barista outside Princess Live was bored out of her mind and tickled to see us every time we walked by!

If you do go to MUTS, there is no need to only have popcorn - head up to the buffet and make yourself a snack to watch during the movies. We particularly enjoy either having some boiled shrimp or making up a cheese plate to enjoy while we watch the movie.