Alcohol in the morning

babs135

There was a thread on NCL recently about having an alcoholic drink at breakfast. Whilst there were one or two suggestions for drinks, the thread veered slightly off topic by discussing drunken behaviour.

I thought it might be fun to open the thread to the wider CC community and see what drinks people would have with their breakfast.

I have a rule that, on sea days, my first beer is not before noon - I would be bladdered by early evening otherwise!

Having said that, I would probably have mimosas with breakfast or a 'fortified' coffee. DW would have Bloody Marys (and we would have a snooze afterwards;)).

Edited by SteveH2508

There was a thread on NCL recently about having an alcoholic drink at breakfast. Whilst there were one or two suggestions for drinks, the thread veered slightly off topic by discussing drunken behaviour.

I thought it might be fun to open the thread to the wider CC community and see what drinks people would have with their breakfast.

It's my first time with a UBP on a Norwegian Transatlantic in a few months -I plan to get my money's worth!! As someone else said earlier, our livers have misbehaved badly - they must be punished!

Bailey's in my coffee is a good way to go. I also plan on trying to bring a shot of either Licor 43 or cherry brandy to the omelet station to see if they'd cook my shot with some butter to make a sauce - for pancakes or waffles. If not, I'll try adding it to some oatmeal. :D :D :D

Once we were invited to have 'cocktails' with the Captain at 10AM! My husband had coffee, the Captain had espresso and I decided to have a glass of wine! Never had alcohol before lunch before this. Then the Captain, who we still know well, said, "Lets go up to me cabin"! So we did and I took my wine with me!

People may have Bloody Marys or Screwdrivers with breakfast but can't think of other drinks for breakfast.

I have a rule that, on sea days, my first beer is not before noon - I would be bladdered by early evening otherwise!

Having said that, I would probably have mimosas with breakfast or a 'fortified' coffee. DW would have Bloody Marys (and we would have a snooze afterwards;)).

Ditto!

It may always be 5 o'clock somewhere for some people, but If I started that early, I would be in bed by 5pm.

Nope we usually have our first drink about 5 pm. (LOL), before dinner.

Just how it happens the older for us we get.

Thanks for sharing.

I like having a mimosa with breakfast and glass of wine with lunch on sea days. In Europe we usually have a glass of wine or beer at lunch at whatever pub or cafe we stop at (port call or non-cruise vacation--we seldom if ever return to our ship/flat/hotel at lunch).

Let's see; what I'll have as a beverage at a Saturday breakfast or Sunday brunch with friends:

Mimosa

Bellini

Bloody Mary

any juice with a little vodka added (Cape Codder, Screwdriver, Greyhound, etc)

For those who like Bloody Marys:

If you are near any St. Regis hotel, stop into the bar and ask for their signature "Mary" cocktail. The original Bloody Mary was concocted at The St. Regis New York. Now, each St. Regis around the world has it's own riff on the original. It usually costs as much as a breakfast (:eek:), but some are darn good. So far, my favorite is from The St. Regis Florence (I've sampled them at 6 StRs so far)...

You cannot drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

A mimosa is about the only way to use the fizzy white wine they give us, so....mimosas!

Always remember, never forget...You only go around once.....so you might as well go around drunk.

I make it a point for them to lose money giving me the drink package and will without hesitation enjoy a few Bloody Mary's with my breakfast, just to take the edge off before I start drinking for the day. My Bride said that I was an alcoholic and I told her that I was not an alcoholic, I was a drunk. She said what is the difference? I told her that alcoholics go to meetings and drunks don't. .......I'm just kidding! (not really)

Cheers!:D

Edited by Space Coast Cruisers

Generally none in morning - but next cruise comes with a beverage package (15 drinks a day :eek: ) so we might do a Mimosa or Bloody Mary (Caesar sound good to me) to get our money's worth. Especially on sea days anyway.

Edited by Sequim88

In the morning I usually stick to the classics like Bloody Marys and Mimosas. I always mean to order a Bellini but I'm never sure if they will have peach puree. The other day I was reading that the Tequila Sunrise was created to be a brunch drink/hangover cure, so I may have to add that to my morning repertoire.