Elite Swapping of Mini Bar Setup

rbslos18

Whenever we do a swap of our Mini bar, whether it be to change liquor or for

coffee cards, we always call room service. Your room steward will tell you to

do this as well. Any changes have to go through room service.

Usually if you call as soon as you board, they'll be up with the switch in a few hours. You don't have to be in the cabin.

Usually if you call as soon as you board, they'll be up with the switch in a few hours. You don't have to be in the cabin.

Ahhh... I wondered if it was room service but also knew that advising your steward would get the proper info. If it's not his/her job then you would be advised to contact room service. I'm not in favor of trying to foist off extra work on the stewards but they are a good source of guidance. :) Thanks for the correct info for the OP.

Our steward changed our mini bar for soft drinks in June. He suggested it. Previously have called room service.

That's great.......

Technically Stewart has no access to the alcohol products. Yes some supervisors have them assist but there is strict control of the liquor items. As always each ship handles things differently. ;)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Our room steward told us to phone Room Service the first time we were entitled to the mini bar setup. For quite a few cruises we swapped everything for two coffee cards but now we rather like G & T's on warm weather cruises, so we get everything taken out except for the little Gin Bottles and the Tonic water. We are so lucky to get such a great perk for being Elite. Princess certainly look after us so much better than other cruise lines.

Jennie

I swap the liquor for ALL SKYY vodka -- Vodka/tonic my drink!!!

MY ONLY ISSUE: We get same mini-bar for a 5 nt, 7 nt, 10 nt or 14 nt cruise. NOT FAIR Going on a 15 nighter to Hawaii & WISHING for 2 minibar setups!!!!

It's free.

I believe that any issue you want resolved once aboard might be handled through your steward. That is why they are there, that is why we compensate them. You will probably get as good a result from room service, as it is their job, but why not engage your steward (stewart), the moment you get onboard, believe me, if they know you are counting on them they come in with homeruns. I think Thraks original answer stands. And I sincerely doubt any little bottles of booze end up in their living quarters, unless we generously deed them.

I swap the liquor for ALL SKYY vodka -- Vodka/tonic my drink!!!

MY ONLY ISSUE: We get same mini-bar for a 5 nt, 7 nt, 10 nt or 14 nt cruise. NOT FAIR Going on a 15 nighter to Hawaii & WISHING for 2 minibar setups!!!!

Earlier in the year I did a 46 night cruise around the Indian Ocean on the Sun Princess.

46 Nights, no segments, 1 long cruise, 1 mini-bar set-up. This must be some record?

THANK YOU for confirming I need to call Room Service to do a Mini Bar swap, AND that I don't need to remain in the Window Suite-that was a point I was unsure about.

Once again, Cruise Critic to the rescue!

58 days to sailing for me!