Pinnacle club membership question

Do you become a Pinnacle member as soon as you reach 700 cruise credits or do you have to wait until the following cruise to become Pinnacle? I have been present on a number of sailings where people have been presented with their Pinnacle membership at the welcome back/ top tier event. Would they have therefore reached 700 credits during that sailing or on their previous one? TIA.

That is the only level you make it during the cruise you attain 700 days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I understand that Pinnacle is the one level that is actually recognized on the cruise where one attains the 700 days - all other levels are recognized after the cruise when they attain that level.

Pinnacle Level is 700 cruise points.....not days. Can be a big difference when you get double points for a suite and/or sailing solo. Single in a JS and above earn a bonus of 1 extra point per night.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

They will award you the status immediately. In fact the last cruise we took we met a couple who technically got theirs at 699. The event was held the day before they officially had their 700th

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you all. I am super excited now! One final question if I may? Did your friends get replacement sea pass cards reflecting pinnacle on that cruise or did they have to wait for that until their next cruise? Just being selfish and thinking of having a gold card to gain access to different areas of the ship.

My mom and I turned pinnacle at different times. December 2014 they recognized it on the cruise I was on and gave me a gold card. When my mom turned pinnacle November, 2015, on a different ship, the loyalty ambassador, and royal when I emailed to check, said that it wasn't recognized until the following cruise.

Thank you all. I am super excited now! One final question if I may? Did your friends get replacement sea pass cards reflecting pinnacle on that cruise or did they have to wait for that until their next cruise? Just being selfish and thinking of having a gold card to gain access to different areas of the ship.

I've seen people get gold cards after their Pinnacle ceremony. The cards were gold but they still said Diamond Plus.

Thanks again to everyone who has replied. The gold card sounds good as we never book a suite. It sounds like I might need to wait for the cruise after to gain the full benefits. Guess my husband and I need to book another one soon after. Pity working full time gets in the way. Still soooo many years until retirement for us before we can get cruising more. Appreciate your help with my question!

It depends upon the ship. My personal experience was that I did not receive the gold card until the last afternoon of the cruise, strictly for memorial purposes. I did not receive any Pinnacle benefits until the next cruise. I have seen others who transitioned to Pinnacle benefits (primarily suite lounge access) on the day of their presentation.

Hi there S, hope you and B are okay.

We are on Rhapsody right now, love the free internet for being P.

A couple onboard become Pinnacle this cruise and have been given the free internet already.

Recognition is on the cruise you officially become P but it all depends on the ship and how busy they are whether you get the perks on the same cruise.

Which cruise do you become Pinnacle on? Will we be there? X

Hi there S, hope you and B are okay.

We are on Rhapsody right now, love the free internet for being P.

A couple onboard become Pinnacle this cruise and have been given the free internet already.

Recognition is on the cruise you officially become P but it all depends on the ship and how busy they are whether you get the perks on the same cruise.

Which cruise do you become Pinnacle on? Will we be there? X

Hi there H. We are good thanks. Hope you and J are too. I have heard that the Internet is free to P members so that sounds great. Will pm you. X

• 7 months later...
Pinnacle Level is 700 cruise points.....not days. Can be a big difference when you get double points for a suite and/or sailing solo. Single in a JS and above earn a bonus of 1 extra point per night.

Yep, I haven't done the math lately, but Laura will get us to PC with under 350 actual nights. :D

And don't forget the 13 free points during the conversion. ;p

When you make Pinnacle, you'll be making Admiral!

Just for shucks, we like to equate C&A status levels to military officer rank equivalents (USN / USA-USMC-USAF) as follows:

Gold (1st Cruise) = Ensign / Second Lieutenant

Gold = Lieutenant Junior Grade / First Lieutenant

Platinum = Lieutenant / Captain

Emerald = Lt. Commander / Major

Diamond = Commander / Lt. Colonel

Diamond Plus = Captain / Colonel

Pinnacle = Rear Admiral (Lower Half) / Brigadier General

Now these ranks give no one authority over fellow passengers, crew or operation of the ship. Most passengers would never pull rank over others because of their C&A status, right?

But for those who like to effect elitist & snobbish behavior owing to their C&A status & perks, the ranks suggested above will serve as a guide to such behavior aboard ship and in our beloved diamond & concierge lounges. ;-)

We become Pinnacle in September.:)

I was told by a Pinnacle friend, that she received ALL of the Pinnacle perks, from the 1st day of her cruise.

I'll see what happens in September.:)

Aussie Frequent Floaters

We just returned from Serenade and 5 members became Pinnacle during the cruise. They received gold cards with no Pinnacle benefits. A couple even had to buy their 300something $ internet package (one device free for ea Pinnacle) and the cheap hotel director and Loyalty ambassador insisted on no Pinnacle benefits until next cruise. Two inquiries were negative. But I am sure this hotel director is an exception as he is known in the community to dislike Pinnacles.

So if you become Pinnacle soon, plan on NOT sailing the Serenade when O-lin is hotel director.

@ Bob -and yes there are two Pinnacle only Facebook site where you have to register with your Pinnacle proof.

We just returned from Serenade and 5 members became Pinnacle during the cruise. They received gold cards with no Pinnacle benefits. A couple even had to buy their 300something $ internet package (one device free for ea Pinnacle) and the cheap hotel director and Loyalty ambassador insisted on no Pinnacle benefits until next cruise. Two inquiries were negative. But I am sure this hotel director is an exception as he is known in the community to dislike Pinnacles.

So if you become Pinnacle soon, plan on NOT sailing the Serenade when O-lin is hotel director.

@ Bob -and yes there are two Pinnacle only Facebook site where you have to register with your Pinnacle proof.

Another Pinnacle friend was on a B2B.

She was told by the LA that she had to wait until the 2nd leg, after the Pinnacle cruise.

She pushed the issue, the LA emailed Miami, and then the LA had to profusely apologise.

She was recognised, and got an extra free bottle of wine.

Aussie Frequent Floaters

Another Pinnacle friend was on a B2B.

She was told by the LA that she had to wait until the 2nd leg, after the Pinnacle cruise.

She pushed the issue, the LA emailed Miami, and then the LA had to profusely apologise.

She was recognised, and got an extra free bottle of wine.

Aussie Frequent Floaters

With respect to the Serenade, the LA and hotel director claimed to had the issue elevated to Miami, but Miami responded to them that no, benefits only at next cruise. Of course this can also be a "protective statement" by these crew members......

Fact is- there is nothing written about the Pin benefits during the cruise they receive the status.....