Just for fun: What do you "count-down" to embarkation?

RMLincoln

I've been counting down the number of suppers I have to prepare before I get onboard. This morning I hit single digits :D and now that it's after supper tonight, I'm down to *8*!!! And counting.....

In the past, I've counted, days, nights in my own bed, and how many meetings I had to go to! So what do you count down? m--

I put a piece of paper with the "x days until" on the fridge, starting at about 60 days out, just to remind DH.

A month out I make up a one page calendar with things to do. Lots of white squares at first, then it starts to fill up! Cross off each day at bedtime. At two weeks out, a new page with bigger squares.

Edited by SilvertoGold

Hi Maureen,

I usually countdown the number of sleeps:D

This time I am counting down the number of items on my "to do" list before the cruise.

Wishing you both a wonderful cruise on the Amsterdam.

J/P: I appreciate your good wishes! Amsterdam should provide us wonderful relaxing vacation.... and I am so ready! Trusting all's good in your new environment. Happy planning for your you too!

I put a piece of paper with the "x days until" on the fridge, starting at about 60 days out, just to remind DH.

A month out I make up a one page calendar with things to do. Lots of white squares at first, then it starts to fill up! Cross off each day at bedtime. At two weeks out, a new page with bigger squares.

S-t-G: You're so organized!

I'm getting to the Yikes! stage... that point where I vacillate daily between feeling like it's all under control... and then it hits me that there's no way I'll be able to get it all together in time :confused: breathe, breathe, breathe.... m--

I've been counting down the number of suppers I have to prepare before I get onboard. This morning I hit single digits :D and now that it's after supper tonight, I'm down to *8*!!! And counting.....

In the past, I've counted, days, nights in my own bed, and how many meetings I had to go to! So what do you count down? m--

By the last day it two, minutes

After I finish counting down my money..... I then count down days with my list of things to do each day. Find if I spread everything out over a few weeks from making piles of things and clothes to bring to 'shutting down the house', it is less intimidating.

Have a wonderful time!

Nothing

I countdown haircuts.

I love it! Last haircut before cruise is tomorrow, one week before we go. I've put it off longer than I should have and I really need one now. But it'll have to last me 7 weeks in the heat of the tropics.

Do you ever get one onboard?

We'll be back to ABQ the 17th, just before you head to your Panama Canal cruise.... wishing you and Joanie happy planning and safe travels! I loved our trips through the canal, it'll be grand! So how many haircuts until you leave? m--

Edited by RMLincoln

To-do list, bills to be paid/due dates covered??; mostly it is the activities going around me that must be included into my preparation time and give me most of my countdown days' limits.

Just two weeks + two days until the cruise but already less than two weeks to when I actually leave. :D

I have a small white dry-erase board on the refrigerator where I've put 2 headings (we always arrive at our embarkation city a few days prior to a cruise):

Till We Leave: _________

Till We Sail: ________

I change the number of days every morning. I love travelling and have done a countdown for every trip we've taken. DH starts getting excited when we're down to the night before. LOL

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

At the moment I am thinking how many more nights in my bed, although we do have the HAL beds to look forward to.

Four more days to when we leave our house to stay the night at an airport hotel before our early morning flight to Vancouver. Better get cracking on the packing! :D

At the moment I am thinking how many more nights in my bed, although we do have the HAL beds to look forward to.

Four more days to when we leave our house to stay the night at an airport hotel before our early morning flight to Vancouver. Better get cracking on the packing! :D

I can image that you would want to enjoy your own bed as long as you can before giving it up for that loooong flght! We loved Oz but took a ship there! Then worked our way back in stages with shorter flights and two cruises. NO long flights for us, 5 hours is our limit.

Have a grand trip! m--

I just count down the days. However, the cruise comes one day sooner because I count until we leave for the airport the day before. I have a vacation countdown on my desktop and it allows you to post a picture of the ship, so every time I'm at my computer I get to see how many days until we leave. I also have a view of the ocean from a ship's balcony as my desktop background. Just some fun stuff to keep me excited while impatiently waiting! 86 days and counting!!! :)

7161e39f_c.png

Edited by Snooksi

S-t-G: You're so organized!

m--

No, I'm not really!

I vacillate between "should I pack the little stuff now" and "maybe it is too soon". With my lists, I can't go wrong (supposedly), but I have this feeling that I will miss something if I pack too soon.

You are getting close! Calm down and carry on.......!

I love it! Last haircut before cruise is tomorrow, one week before we go. I've put it off longer than I should have and I really need one now. But it'll have to last me 7 weeks in the heat of the tropics.

Do you ever get one onboard?

We'll be back to ABQ the 17th, just before you head to your Panama Canal cruise.... wishing you and Joanie happy planning and safe travels! I loved our trips through the canal, it'll be grand! So how many haircuts until you leave? m--

Actually TWO haircuts before we leave and one is tomorrow.

Joanie says "Hello" and enjoy your cruise.

It's sort of a countdown...

I like room service breakfast....almost all the time. And I like to give my delivery crew person a couple bucks for the breakfast. Just my "paying it forward" tradition. So about a month before departure, I start saving dollar bills that I get back in change while I'm shopping. Those are my breakfast bucks. Right now I'm ready for 12 breakfasts on our upcoming South American cruise. Yes, I know I could walk in the bank and get some singles, but that's not a fun process.

Countdown to breakfast in bed!

:)

J/P: I appreciate your good wishes! Amsterdam should provide us wonderful relaxing vacation.... and I am so ready! Trusting all's good in your new environment. Happy planning for your you too! . m--

All is good here.

Enjoying views of the city,harbour and ocean.

It's been a very busy year, looking forward to relaxing on Maasdam.

Edited by erewhon

We are counting sleeps at this point. Before that it was "10 more weeks, 9 more weeks" You get the idea!!

We are packed. :eek: Busy days ahead. Two of our grands are spending the weekend. The other two grands and our kids are all joining us Sunday. Friends spending the night Tuesday. Pumpkin farm with all the grands on Wednesday!! We are out of here 8am Thursday morning. So excited I can hardly stand it!!!

Cheers, Denise