Regal - when can you get in cabin

karena1

If you're talking about Regal cruises in the Caribbean, many, including us, have experienced a 1:00 cabin occupancy time

It is the only Princess ship that we've had to wait until 1:00 to actually occupy our cabin. Sailed on Regal twice. 1:00, twice now.

Unless there are any unforeseen circumstances which seem to be very rare, you can go straight to your cabin upon boarding. The flip side to this is that passengers should be considerate of the crew and the next set of guests when it comes time to leave your cabin at the end of the cruise. We can't have this awesome perk (going straight to the cabin) without also holding up our collective end of the bargain on the other end of the trip.

If you're talking about Regal cruises in the Caribbean, many, including us, have experienced a 1:00 cabin occupancy time

It is the only Princess ship that we've had to wait until 1:00 to actually occupy our cabin. Sailed on Regal twice. 1:00, twice now.

We are doing Regal in the Caribbean. So the 1 pm pretty much is standard with the rest of the cruise lines. So will do what I normally do and only carry on what I have to and check the rest of my bags.

I'm curious as well. The docs show staggered check-in. I really don't want to wait until 2 to get on the ship. Even if my cabin isn't ready, I'd still like to get on the ship & have some lunch & explore.

We never pay attention to that. We get to the port early and have never had a problem with getting on the ship as soon as it opens. We just check the majority of our luggage and only carry on our beach backpack and my bag with all of our valuables. The rest gets checked.

I'm curious as well. The docs show staggered check-in. I really don't want to wait until 2 to get on the ship. Even if my cabin isn't ready, I'd still like to get on the ship & have some lunch & explore.

Princess publishes staggered boarding times for most of its cruises, but there isn't anyone at the port who even attempts to enforce it.

I have read this on these boards regarding the Regal. But on the two cruises we took on the Royal our cabin was ready at noon when we boarded. Since the Regal & Royal are sister ships they should operate the same. But, maybe the Hotel Manager on the Regal just doesn't get the company practices. On all other Princess cruises on many of their ships the cabin was ready when we boarded.

We were on the Regal this past May. They said that the rooms would not be ready until 1. SO we walked around a bit and then went to the cabin just to drop off our hand luggage and put purse etc in safe. No problems since the room was ready.

We dropped off and then headed down for lunch. You know we cannot miss a meal :D

We were on the Regal this past May. They said that the rooms would not be ready until 1. SO we walked around a bit and then went to the cabin just to drop off our hand luggage and put purse etc in safe. No problems since the room was ready.

We dropped off and then headed down for lunch. You know we cannot miss a meal :D

...always in danger of starving on a cruise ship!:eek:;)

The only cruise that the cabin was not ready upon boarding was Regal. If that was not enough of a shock, they only allowed you to wait in the Piazza (atrium area), OR go to the Horizon Court. They were actually guarding the elevators. Since I was carrying 6 bottles of wine (and yes I paid for them), and traveling with my 84 yo DM, lugging them to the buffet was NOT an option. To top it ALL off, the crew acted as if we were crazy when we said we'd never encountered this on Princess before. Back to Grand Class this year!!!

I always get to the ship early 11:30am. We are elite and get on most of the time by 12:15pm. Our cabin was always ready. Just lucky I guess??

Tony

Same here, on every ship but the Regal, where they strictly adhered to the 1 pm boarding time, both times, March 2015 and April 2016

Will see if third time's the charm in March 2017 [emoji2][emoji16][emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

I don't really care so much when we can get it, but would be nice to know we can leave a bag at our room until they are ready. I bring a Christmas tree and want to decorate it as soon as we get on the ship. On Ruby, we were in our cabin right away so was able to decorate the tree immediately. Otherwise really does not matter. We are used to not getting into the cabin on other cruise lines until 1 or 1:30

When we were on the regal in February, we boarded at around 11:30, waited at a nice table by the pool while eating a nice grilled chicken sandwich, and went into our room around 12:15. The official "room ready" time was 1:00pm, but since our room was on Lido, I "checked it out" at 12:15 and it was completely ready, including the canapés I ordered. So we just went in early. PS don't waste your $ on the canapés.

When we were on the Regal last November we were not allowed to our room until 1:00 pm upon boarding. Then we continued on with a b2b and we still were not allowed to return to our room that we had been occupying for a week until 1:00 pm. Heavy metal doors were closed and we could only go to the atrium or Horizon Court. When we asked if we could go to our room, we were told in not a particularly nice way that we could not.