9:41 Flight out of MIA

TheTides

Hello!

So we are possibly looking to sail on the Empress OTS out of Mia, and we found a flight STEAL that leaves at roughly 10:00. Do you think that would afford enough time for us to make it from the ship and to the airport. I know this could be slightly risky but for me, but I want to hear your experience with this!

Thanks!

Hello!

So we are possibly looking to sail on the Empress OTS out of Mia, and we found a flight STEAL that leaves at roughly 10:00. Do you think that would afford enough time for us to make it from the ship and to the airport. I know this could be slightly risky but for me, but I want to hear your experience with this!

Thanks!

Slightly risky?

How much will this "steal" cost you if you don't make it?

Do you think you will get there in time to get your luggage checked and loaded?

first off and carry on only it is doable

risky and I wouldn't but you COULD

don't forget that a 10 departure starts boarding WELL b4 this time and closes the doors 15 minutes b4 IM recent experience

AND security lines in Miami CAN be an issue

AND what day of the week is your return? Cuz weekend traffic for a taxi ain't bad, but morning traffic on a week day???? R U kidding me?

for me? NO ....

do you feel lucky? well do ya?

btw dd just did one of these 'very nice price' Emp' sailings

(no issues with flights as she can see the port from her apartment but I digress)

a frequent cruiser (3 in the last 12 months) she had 'issues' with this one .....

of all her/our RCL cruises she put this one on the bottom ....

Edited by Capt_BJ

I sure hope it is one of the Saturday turnarounds on Empress. You have a sliver of a chance if it is. But as that ship does four and five day rotations you are more likely returning on a weekday. Even if in a taxi before 8:00 you could still be sitting in gridlock on the 836 when your seats are given to someone on standby for that flight.

Edited by fishywood

I fly American constantly out of MIA, leaving tomorrow morning as a matter of fact. My flight is at 10:48 am and boarding starts at 10:15 am. I have Global Entry and I'm through security in minutes always and know the American terminal very well. HOWEVER, in order to make sure I don't miss my flight I am leaving Brickell at 8:15 am.

The American Terminal is huge, traffic can be terrible during the week day mornings. Your boarding will begin at 9:30. Getting off the ship and through customs and then into a taxi and through security and to your gate all by 9:30 especially if a week day will be an extremely tough feat.

In my experience, you have a very slight chance of making it.

Hello!

Thanks!

First you must have a carefree nature. You must not be a worrier.

You must be with your feet on land by 8:00AM, carry on in hand.

If you can do that, you will make it.

Early POM-MIA drive should not be more than 20 min, 40min if you are unlucky and have to drive surface streets.

You'll be at MIA B4 9AM, trough TSA and boarding at 9:30AM.

What's the worst that can happen if you miss the flight? You will have time to enjoy Miami and extra day.

Cheers.

Pulled out this morning at 8:30 am, drove to MIA via 95 and 112, parked the car and into the Centurion lounge by 9:10 am. Again, global entry made a big difference this am.

You made good time.

Just curious, if starting at Brickell, why not go via 95 & 836?

Cheers.

There is about a 25% chance you will make it. That is assuming the ship clears customs right away, you are the first one off the ship, and you only have a carry-on. And there better be a taxi at the front door when you get off the ship and no traffic to the airport. How lucky do you feel?

you might do better taking UBER or TAXI to METRORAIL and that to the airport ..... no traffic worries and at this time on a weekday the line is running at their most frequent ....

might

MIGHT

Edited by Capt_BJ