Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Now that she is built, I am actually glad that we chose a starboard side A1 cabin so we can people watch the MC.

That is why I chose starboard. It will be a unique experience that can only be had on the Edge. It should be most interesting to watch during the cruise.

I was thinking maybe it was like a comedy club since I didn't see anything like Celebrity Central on Edge, but after looking at the layout, I would assume it is a Teen Club/area.

So, what the heck is ‘The Basement’, is that Medical?

80b1b29fa016b350ee2a49e5d5dfc771.jpg

b7b193d98cbffb793fe89ca973d3d1de.jpg

c0d84233d9875e7ba7e04427cf712aaf.jpg

6735e9878db2d82b5d6982a5e0312dd3.jpg

801d43a6121c3c6596716d5a17deaf6f.jpg

We posted those new deck plans last week on this thread, if you want to see the discussion:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2660309

Here's a link to the brochure where the deck plans can be found (page 52).

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/b53ecc6b#/b53ecc6b/1

Now we are waiting for the reveal to answer some of our questions.

I like that the retreat lounge has an outdoor deck, looks like a nice quiet place to have a drink.

I've been looking forward to that area as well. With only 28 seats, it will hopefully be a nice, quiet area (if we can get a seat). :D

I was thinking maybe it was like a comedy club since I didn't see anything like Celebrity Central on Edge, but after looking at the layout, I would assume it is a Teen Club/area.

I went through the same thought process - it has some rectangular structures inside that may represent video games??

Thanks to Lloyd for posting the deck plans..they are very easy to read in this format.

But I hope folks do not hit quote each time they have a ques or comment about the plans. One set is enough...

No, they didn’t move it over it to the port side. After reading all our complementary posts, they added a 2nd MC to the port side. It also balances it all out so the ship doesn’t roll over.

Den

:'):D That was good. It's good to have symmetry sometimes :D

So with the delivery of the Edge scheduled for October 31st (BTW, I am dressing up as the Magic Carpet for Halloween this year!), does anyone know when the naming ceremony might be? Someone on one of the social media sites that he/she was planning to attend. I wanted to clear my calendar in case I am invited... ;)

Marilyn,

I hope you get invited as our CC roll call rep and they make you a second Edge godmother. Perhaps Lloyd could also attend and be the photographer. Both of you deserve it! We will give you a bottle of champagne that you can break across the glorious bow of Edge. If they won't let you do that, you can always just drink it! Let's all have a letter writing campaign to Lisa to get this done!

Marilyn,

I hope you get invited as our CC roll call rep and they make you a second Edge godmother. Perhaps Lloyd could also attend and be the photographer. Both of you deserve it! We will give you a bottle of champagne that you can break across the glorious bow of Edge. If they won't let you do that, you can always just drink it! Let's all have a letter writing campaign to Lisa to get this done!

I certainly don't deserve to be a co-godmother, but what a thrill it would be to watch Malala christen the ship! :D

I think Lloyd would make a great Godfather. ;)

I certainly don't deserve to be a co-godmother, but what a thrill it would be to watch Malala christen the ship! :D

Gee. Thanks. :)

That is an offer that I couldn't refuse.

5c9afc504d4e8aab91aa14216de5a851.jpg

Gee. Thanks. :)

That is an offer that I couldn't refuse.

5c9afc504d4e8aab91aa14216de5a851.jpg

Love it! I’m making a poster of this to hang in my cabin. I will bet the butler will be very accomodating this time around!! :D

This brings new meaning to Dinner on the Edge! ;)

Yes, thanks Lloyd, for posting the easy-to-read deck plans. My post about the other thread was meant to let people know about the interesting discussion people had about some of the discoveries when this came out. :D

No need to kinda of apologize.... The information you have provided has been invaluable. Celebrity seems to feel that a press release and glossy video every 6 months is sufficient.... but in this age of twitter, facebook and instagram... they should be providing weekly updates... no need for big announcements every week... but they should have been releasing glimpses of what is going on all along the way. They are lucky to have knowledgeable and supportive fans providing that information via their own sleuthing skills... but as a company they should want more control over the narrative. For example if posters had been negative about construction or appearance early on... the company would be fighting a negative image from the start. But it has gotten off on a pretty good footing because of cruisecritic members who are genuinely interested in the ship and its success. Yes we all are skeptical of some of the new disruptive features but generally people are enthusiastic and excited to see the finished product. But that is due to outsiders like you guys... As a retired marketing person it frustrates me to see companies not stay up to date on how to market in the internet age.... sorry had to vent.

Perhaps over her husbands head.....sorry but I just could not resist and I'll not say more as this is not the forum for that....If offended I apologize but my feelings go way beyond my comment.

Charles

Perhaps over her husbands head.....sorry but I just could not resist and I'll not say more as this is not the forum for that....If offended I apologize but my feelings go way beyond my comment.

Charles

Did Malala get married recently? I thought she was still single. Or were you referring to someone else?

Vickie

Charles

Huh, just confused, weird post.

Charles

I am confused? Was a post removed.???

There is a forum somewhere about Malala..so maybe put any comments there if that was the subject????