Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

On a final note, and to bring it back to Celebrity ... one thing I love in any public restroom are these. Cloth towels! Such a classy touch. This was a fairly recent during a cruise on CELEBRITY SUMMIT.

I hope Celebrity continues with the cloth towelettes onboard EDGE.

34918385643_0709758552_c.jpg

At first I thought so, too. But after looking at the photo a bit longer, I think that it is one of the smaller control consoles that are on each end of the "Navigation Wing" which can be used for docking, etc., because of giving a view of the side of the ship, too, not just the front. The shape, size and configuration of the windows were my reason for this theory.

I believe that’s actually a photo from the bridge wing of a Solstice Class vessel.

See: https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/celebrity-solstice-381/bridge-171111/bridge--v9156022/

It is definitely one of the consoles on the end (Port or Starboard), and you can see the glass panel in the floor behind the console. Also maybe they want it to look somewhat similar to the Solstice class console, but the one Lloyd posted is for Edge.

Yes I like it! In fact I find it really interesting to see more off the beaten path places on a ship. I'm also a big fan of renderings/pics of corridors, stair towers, and foyers. I just love those shots, and I think a foyer, stairs, and corridor tell a lot about a ship. How much detail and planning go into to something that everyone uses is important. Some are certainly much better than others. Every new ship I sail on I do a pretty extensive photo journal of the ship, and I try to capture unusual things if possible. The bathrooms, corridors, art, stairs, etc. Things like that. On MSC SEASIDE I created an album just of the chairs on the ship. There were so many varieties and many were really, really unique.

Anyway this is more potty talk then is allowed on CC! :')

Another interesting ship restroom: My DH loves the sayings above the urinals on the Reflection near the Ensemble Lounge.

So, if you like corridors, here is one of my favorite shots. It is the spa corridor that leads to the barber shop, salon, thermal suites, relaxation room, spa veranda. They seem to have used darker paneling, trim, flooring, etc. than other areas we have seen.

enhance

enhance

Speaking of Disney, the monotone theme of the Edge interiors remind me of the lobby in Contemporary resort at DisneyWorld. In the first few years after opening, the decorative touches were bold and brash to complement the futuristic interior. It all looked very good. Similarly, I think the ship will look great, with the right decorative touch.

Just for the record, then as time went on , Disney took out a lot of color accents, decoration (and thank goodness the burnt orange colors) to make lobby floor space available for revenue generating shops and cue lines. It's pretty stark today.

You're quite welcome. I apologize for being off topic here, but here are a few pics to go with those descriptions, so you can bring it all together so to speak.

A bit of frivolity on HARMONY OF THE SEAS

39272281365_bd57530e46_c.jpg

Room with a view on MSC SEASIDE

39203404055_29c7615048_c.jpg

Quite the trend setter on VOYAGER OF THE SEAS

7495725106_08035eb01e_c.jpg

Showtime on DISNEY DREAM

7457995240_fa4ddd48f4_c.jpg

Opulence on DISNEY DREAM

7458064644_aa5e7e00f8_c.jpg

Nightclub Chic on DISNEY DREAM

7458043064_3534687e2d_c.jpg

Thanks! and WOW!!!

Another interesting ship restroom: My DH loves the sayings above the urinals on the Reflection near the Ensemble Lounge.

So, if you like corridors, here is one of my favorite shots. It is the spa corridor that leads to the barber shop, salon, thermal suites, relaxation room, spa veranda. They seem to have used darker paneling, trim, flooring, etc. than other areas we have seen.

enhance

enhance

Nice! Maybe it is a bit darker so that it is more serene-looking and relaxing? All except for that flooring in the Barber area. Wow.

It is definitely one of the consoles on the end (Port or Starboard), and you can see the glass panel in the floor behind the console. Also maybe they want it to look somewhat similar to the Solstice class console, but the one Lloyd posted is for Edge.
I do not think it is Edge. Not attempting to be contrarian, but the image is from a Celebrity officer and the caption reads: "The down side of working for a new build project? Not many, but I’m sure missing those Sunsets at Sea". I believe she is sharing a photo from her prior time onboard a Celebrity Solstice Class vessel. The carpet/structure/indentation of the sidewall is identical to photos of this class. In addition, Edge's exterior metal "catwalk" used to access the windows for cleaning is painted blue. While the one in this photo is white, like Solstice Class vessels.

Lastly, in the image, the solar tint is peeling and there is warping of the faux wood trim -- unlikely to be the case on Edge in her young state.

Again, not trying to be contrarian, but I did wonder about that image when I first saw it, and had to google a bit to confirm my suspicions :)

bridge_com.png

link to Instagram post:

link to Silhouette bridge wing photo: On the Bridge of the Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Ship

From the rendering you can see regular buttons. The Horizon has little screens replacing the buttons inside the elevator (yes, no buttons inside, yes, there are some but hidden for crew use only) where you have to chose the deck you want to go. And there are big screens on the walls showing which elevator is going to which deck. Both are missing on the Edge renderings. Just regular up/down buttons. Took me a while to understand the system on the Horizon. The mean thing is that the little screens go blank after a while. When you touch the screen you automatically "hit a button" for a deck. To get them back on you have to push the button under the screen.

steamboats

There's my problem with this technology: too often we get on the elevator, push a floor button, and then realize we really want to go to a different deck. On these elevators, you would be trapped!

Happy Anniversary! You do sound like a great team! I wonder if our DH's, who know very little about this ship, will be "Edgies" by the end of our first cruises. I think mine will be in awe. :D

My dh will like it because it is fresh and new ; offers diff dining experiences, a nice night club; and hopefully a place for him to enjoy his cigar and a good scotch!

Generally if I am happy, he is happy...and I am sure I will be mostly happy on this ship.

I do not think it is Edge. Not attempting to be contrarian, but the image is from a Celebrity officer and the caption reads: "The down side of working for a new build project? Not many, but I’m sure missing those Sunsets at Sea". I believe she is sharing a photo from her prior time onboard a Celebrity Solstice Class vessel. The carpet/structure/indentation of the sidewall is identical to photos of this class. In addition, Edge's exterior metal "catwalk" used to access the windows for cleaning is painted blue. While the one in this photo is white, like Solstice Class vessels.

Lastly, in the image, the solar tint is peeling and there is warping of the faux wood trim -- unlikely to be the case on Edge in her young state.

Again, not trying to be contrarian, but I did wonder about that image when I first saw it, and had to google a bit to confirm my suspicions :)

bridge_com.png

link to Instagram post:

link to Silhouette bridge wing photo: On the Bridge of the Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Ship

I appreciate the feedback and insight. Thanks for sharing the details.

enhance

enhance

That's a long dark looking corridor...hope the treatment room area is less somber!

Barber shop floor is very busy...kind of a stereotype or caricature????

There's my problem with this technology: too often we get on the elevator, push a floor button, and then realize we really want to go to a different deck. On these elevators, you would be trapped!

It’s important to know where you’re going beforehand. If you make a mistake, simply get off at the next stop and start over.

It does prevent kids from entering elevators, taking over, and pressing every button. More of a problem on Carnival than Celebrity but it happens.

Looks very nice, and yes darker than the rest of the ship. A nice contrast.

I know the restrooms you're talking about on the S-Class as the Ensemble Lounge is a favorite. I don't remember the sayings though. I wonder if all the ships of the class have them, as I haven't sailed on REFLECTION yet? It's nice that designers are even taking smaller spaces like public restrooms and foyers/corridors into account these days.

Looks very nice, and yes darker than the rest of the ship. A nice contrast.

I know the restrooms you're talking about on the S-Class as the Ensemble Lounge is a favorite. I don't remember the sayings though. I wonder if all the ships of the class have them, as I haven't sailed on REFLECTION yet? It's nice that designers are even taking smaller spaces like public restrooms and foyers/corridors into account these days.

I can't speak to all S Class ships, but I can confirm the quotes, sayings and trivia can be found above the urinals in all public restrooms aboard the Reflection and Equinox. Given this, I would assume it stretches across the full S Class fleet.

I don't recall seeing them on the Summit, however that was my first cruise and was experiencing a bit of a sensory overload (in a good way) from the entire experience.

I can't speak to all S Class ships, but I can confirm the quotes, sayings and trivia can be found above the urinals in all public restrooms aboard the Reflection and Equinox. Given this, I would assume it stretches across the full S Class fleet.

I don't recall seeing them on the Summit, however that was my first cruise and was experiencing a bit of a sensory overload (in a good way) from the entire experience.

Thank you. I'll be sure to check them out next time onboard!

RE: Bathroom/ urinal pics.....

Never thought Disney ships would be so glitzy, garish!

This is another of the bathrooms of the Disney Dream. All done with mosaic tiles. There were several similar ones. Stunning!

09ed6602bc7436f5639d0ad8e8349934.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by emairs

Never thought Disney ships would be so glitzy, garish!

On Disney they are all different depending on where they are on the ship. They are themed according to the venue they are adjacent to. Some are subdued and some are glitzy. Some are dark and some are bright. Even the music piped inside varies.

It’s this level of detail that makes Disney stand out in the crowd, and why DCL obtains the highest per diems in the contemporary cruise industry.

I got married on the Disney Dream and I don’t even like kids. There really wasn’t any other cruise line I would trust with my wedding. They did an exceptional job, and as expected the attention to detail was phenomenal. My event was an all adult affair and I could not have been more pleased with how everything was handled.

I just hope the Edge doesn’t have a mosaic in the BR of a woman looking down on the toilet......especially if that’s in a men’s BR! I”ll take the Celebrity cloth handtowels as a bene and leave it at that. By the way, I’ll not be taking photos in any of the BR’s......just passing that on to those that may share one with me on a future cruise.

Den

bridge_com.png

link to Instagram post:

Good points and great detective work. I tend to agree with your findings, although what makes it a little more challenging is that there are even slight differences in the bridge wings within the Solstice Class. Some have rails inside along the windows, and some don't. Also the equipment has slight variations. One thing that is constant though is the floor and ceiling details, and it would be hard to believe those on EDGE would be that similar to the Solstice Class.

I just hope the Edge doesn’t have a mosaic in the BR of a woman looking down on the toilet......especially if that’s in a men’s BR! I”ll take the Celebrity cloth handtowels as a bene and leave it at that. By the way, I’ll not be taking photos in any of the BR’s......just passing that on to those that may share one with me on a future cruise.

Den

I know - when I started thinking about taking pictures of bathrooms on the Edge to post on CC, I had visions of security dragging me away to the brig. ;)