Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Thanks for posting the link. The area for the balcony doesn't look that big - the chairs are resting against the bi-folding doors. It reminds me more of an OV with a moveable window in the interactive 360 degree room view. Looking forward to seeing more of your photos at the weekend :).

I agree. I'm really starting to dislike these balconies. I hope to be proven wrong. Or may have to book an SV

I agree. I'm really starting to dislike these balconies. I hope to be proven wrong. Or may have to book an SV

I'm wondering how hot the balcony area could get in sunnier climates if the bifold doors are shut and the infinity window is closed. Presumably that balcony area won't be air conditioned if the bifold floors are closed?

Now I do like the sound of the SVs with the large balconies - one to watch out for I think ;).

I've been thinking that the exterior of the ship will be more sleek-looking with the infinite balconies, but for a Caribbean cruise I have my doubts that we would be happy in one of those cabins. I could be totally wrong and plan to do our roll call cabin crawl to find out. I think some people will love them because it will increase their cabin footage with a sunroom area with the window up and doors open and also will have a nice area to sit pretty much protected from the sun/elements with the window down. If they want some time out in the open in full sun, they can head to the Resort Deck.

Coming from Vermont (and yes, April Fools, we are getting dumped on again with several inches of snow :)), we want as much sun as possible so have booked aft cabins with large (and hopefully open balconies). I think sailing in cooler weather would be ideal with the infinite balconies (like Alaska or cooler times in Europe in the shoulder seasons) and we would probably go for the infinite balcony on that type of cruise.

The mock-up for the reveal looked stunning.

b6796b09ee561c13acaad1e813e616a3.jpg

9a6876e38559d8b7936778c9e31d158b.jpg

86e7d27b82472f0ceb5500dd633f9e9c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I love the way they placed the horizontal edge of the veranda railing right where the sky and the sea meet..it really does make it look infinite. I am really interested to see what the S3 verandas look like. It looks like there is a window type opening on the side if you're in one of the end suites. That will hopefully help make up for the obstruction of the magic carpet track.

The mock-up for the reveal looked stunning.

Lloyd - I hope you are not "on edge" about sailing on Edge. Haven't seen it added to your signature yet. :)

As always thanks for the great photos. I guess the keel laying will be coming up soon.

Edit: I think if I were to get an Edge Veranda cabin I would get one similar to the photo you posted with the bed next to the bathroom and sofa next to the balcony. To me it may to tight or congested looking if the bed is right next to the balcony. I know some people do prefer it that way though.

Lloyd, thanks so much for putting out this deck plan post. I had 11220 booked for a back to back. I would have been pissed off not being told it technically has an obstructed view. I was able to get 11214 for both cruises just in the nick of time. They were reluctant to give me a connecting room without needing it. After twisting a couple arms they did it for me. Dan

If I recall correctly, didn't Royal have a barbershop onboard one of its classes, but it never took off and they converted it into something else?

You are correct. It was a fun experience, but they converted it into a candy shop. It makes monetary sense for them, because a customer may use the barber shop once in a sailing, but can use the candy shop multiple times.

Being new to tracking a new build, when can we start to actually see progress with the sail dates that they have set? Super excited to be following along and seeing what we will ultimately get to sail on:)

I love the way they placed the horizontal edge of the veranda railing right where the sky and the sea meet..it really does make it look infinite. I am really interested to see what the S3 verandas look like. It looks like there is a window type opening on the side if you're in one of the end suites. That will hopefully help make up for the obstruction of the magic carpet track.

What deck do you think you would need to be on to get that view? It would be a lower deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums