Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Is anyone else put off a bit by the "Hedonistic" angle on this space and their latest "Snakes on a Ship" ad? Perhaps I'm being too prudish, in which case I may not be their target audience, but boasting terms like "sinful" and "devilish" in advertising is making me think twice about our bookings. I don't mean to start a rant or get negative. Just wondering if anyone else feels like this is turning into Hedonism III.

Is anyone else put off a bit by the "Hedonistic" angle on this space and their latest "Snakes on a Ship" ad? Perhaps I'm being too prudish, in which case I may not be their target audience, but boasting terms like "sinful" and "devilish" in advertising is making me think twice about our bookings. I don't mean to start a rant or get negative. Just wondering if anyone else feels like this is turning into Hedonism III.

It doesn't bother me; but I was surprised by the tone. I think they are targeting their new cruisers.

Is anyone else put off a bit by the "Hedonistic" angle on this space and their latest "Snakes on a Ship" ad? Perhaps I'm being too prudish, in which case I may not be their target audience, but boasting terms like "sinful" and "devilish" in advertising is making me think twice about our bookings. I don't mean to start a rant or get negative. Just wondering if anyone else feels like this is turning into Hedonism III.[/quote

Agree..similar posts are now on main board..under thd Edge Reveal..guess eventuslly thfead will be moved here...

Is anyone else put off a bit by the "Hedonistic" angle on this space and their latest "Snakes on a Ship" ad? Perhaps I'm being too prudish, in which case I may not be their target audience, but boasting terms like "sinful" and "devilish" in advertising is making me think twice about our bookings. I don't mean to start a rant or get negative. Just wondering if anyone else feels like this is turning into Hedonism III.[/quote

Agree..similar posts are now on main board..under thd Edge Reveal..guess eventuslly thfead will be moved here...

We have noted that Celebrity the past few years appears to be chasing after a "younger audience" for their product. I guess they feel that their product was aging and they are trying to seek more revenue.

Charles

Out of curiosity I showed the latest reveal video to some thirty something neighbors last night. The response from her "ewwwww". The ten year old boy's eyes lit up at the sight of the writhing woman. Dad said, "that's enough" and took him out of the room. Dad's response "not for us".

Solstice has been one of my favorite classes of modern ships. Elegant, classy, sophisticated, and modern. I have to say I've been very disappointed with what we've seen of Edge so far. Flying Carpet is a gimmick (and hideous) that would be more fitting on NCL, Carnival, or Royal Caribbean. Eden could be a beautiful space, but I have a feeling the decor is going to feel very dated in 5 years. The food/entertainment in Eden has ZERO appeal to me...and I'm a young Gen Xer. I hope the rest of the reveals of Edge change my opinion.

We have noted that Celebrity the past few years appears to be chasing after a "younger audience" for their product. I guess they feel that their product was aging and they are trying to seek more revenue.

Charles

Younger does not mean sleazier! My dtr and sil would find it in very poor taste. And we are from NY where you can see it all,..

Solstice has been one of my favorite classes of modern ships. Elegant, classy, sophisticated, and modern. I have to say I've been very disappointed with what we've seen of Edge so far. Flying Carpet is a gimmick (and hideous) that would be more fitting on NCL, Carnival, or Royal Caribbean. Eden could be a beautiful space, but I have a feeling the decor is going to feel very dated in 5 years. The food/entertainment in Eden has ZERO appeal to me...and I'm a young Gen Xer. I hope the rest of the reveals of Edge change my opinion.

Agreed on every point. I love Solstice and Eclipse. I'm not thrilled with the Magic Carpet, but o.k. with it (we're booked on the port side anyway). Eden has really got my attention with their throwing words around like "sinful" and "devilish" like kids with a ouija board. Probably/hopefully just a marketing gaffe.

I'm also a Gen-Xer, born in the late 1960's. Just wanting to enjoy life more and looking for somewhere to spend my disposable income. If Celebrity keeps making decisions like Eden's nighttime "performers in your face" though, they obviously are more interested in another demographic. We're looking all over now between Royal Caribbean, Princess and upward to Oceania and Seabourn.

I am not happy with the direction Celebrity seems to be going with this either. I may cancel my booking on the Edge. a "sinful" anything is NOT what I am looking for!

It is funny to read about all the performers they will have in Eden

On our Conny cruise in April, Adu Dhabi to Rome , the had singer twice at the Sunset Bar , at sailway, a couple years ago , it was a daily active

I can see performers in Eden the first season than drop off to zero after that

I am not happy with the direction Celebrity seems to be going with this either. I may cancel my booking on the Edge. a "sinful" anything is NOT what I am looking for!

DH and I feel the same way and nothing about their Eden appeals to us. We've already decided to either move our cruise to a different ship; maybe on the Equinox again since we loved that ship. Or book a different line.

DH and I feel the same way and nothing about their Eden appeals to us. We've already decided to either move our cruise to a different ship; maybe on the Equinox again since we loved that ship. Or book a different line.

I must be missing something somewhere. I really, really don't understand these negative reactions. I mean, it's a large lounge, similar to the Sky Observation Lounge on the other ships. They innovated the space by designing it more or less as an indoor, urban garden with trees, and plants so they called it Eden. It has lounge and lookout areas, a coffee and snack area and a specialty restaurant with as unique feature you get entertainment during dinner - completely optional, like all specialty restaurants.

You may be reading much too much in the play on words they're using to fit in with the Eden name: "sinful", as a description for a restaurant with a rich, culinary menu, surely you can't find that objectionable? Let alone cause to decide you'd rather cancel your booking or even switch to another cruise line.

eden_zpseptdgzep.jpg

cruiserke;53454307']I must be missing something somewhere. I really' date=' really don't understand these negative reactions. I mean, it's a large lounge, similar to the Sky Observation Lounge on the other ships. They innovated the space by designing it more or less as an indoor, urban garden with trees, and plants so they called it Eden. It has lounge and lookout areas, a coffee and snack area and a specialty restaurant with as unique feature you get entertainment during dinner - completely optional, like all specialty restaurants.

You may be reading much too much in the play on words they're using to fit in with the Eden name: "sinful", as a description for a restaurant with a rich, culinary menu, surely you can't find that objectionable? Let alone cause to decide you'd rather cancel your booking or even switch to another cruise line.

[img']http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p425/Gertpete/eden_zpseptdgzep.jpg[/img]

John D. Rockefeller called what is now Acadia National Park "Eden" because it was so unspoiled and naturally beautiful (and has no snakes). As a good Baptist, he surely understood the Biblical symbolism of the Fall, but wanted to stress that Acadia felt prelapsarian [you could look it up]. I'm willing to assume that no one on the C-level of Celebrity is religious and they naively stumbled into this -- but that just reenforces that our society is slouching toward Bethlehem.